Hydaelyn Role-Players
*sighs at Queues as DPS* - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: *sighs at Queues as DPS* (/showthread.php?tid=4438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

*sighs at Queues as DPS* - Lost River - 09-10-2013

Queues are one thing, when I tank or heal, it's faster. As with DPS, it's long... but lately, it's inhumanly long.

As we speak, I've been in queue for the Ifrit Trial for the past 40 minutes... this is becoming unbearable as it's tied to the main story. :/

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Jove - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 06:40 PM)Lost River Wrote: Queues are one thing, when I tank or heal, it's faster. As with DPS, it's long... but lately, it's inhumanly long.

As we speak, I've been in queue for the Ifrit Trial for the past 40 minutes... this is becoming unbearable as it's tied to the main story. :/

I feel your pain, I like that dungeons are a part of the main story (because I'd probably skip them all until I got to 50) but not when the queues are 40 minutes+

Although on Thursday there is a patch that touches up on the duty finder, hopefully making it faster.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Nnejo - 09-10-2013

This is typically the case with any game unfortunately Sad

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Oroban - 09-10-2013

Goodness, I feel your pain. I'm maining monk right now, and I was in queue for about an hour earlier to get into Brayflox for the story quest. It's especially bothersome when you only have a few hours each day to play and you have to spend half of it in queue, risking the chance you might have to drop before dungeon completion. It makes my soul hurt...but I guess that's what I get for playing a DD class.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Lost River - 09-10-2013

Well, weird as it sounds, 30 or so minute queues was common for me for the other dungeons as DPS, BUUUUT... when it came to Trials or Story related? It was an even longer wait.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - erosskye - 09-10-2013

Gotta fill in the time with them trade skills or somefin =)

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Lost River - 09-10-2013

With me, I decided it was best to play my PS3 in the mean-time. :3

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - LeCard - 09-10-2013

Playing an ACN and can't wait to get SCH just so I can speed up my que times. Right now, I have determined that I am guaranteed a 30 min. wait just to get the initial group selection screen that is just looking for a healer.

The problem we face:
below level 30: 2 tank, 1 healer, 5 DPS
Above Level 30: 2tank, 2 healer, 5 DPS

the overwhelming number of DPS classes means that we are going to sit and wait no matter what they do to the duty finder. Unless they can get more people to play healer/tank and get those people to spread out evenly over those roles wait times will never go down.

what we need: 1 new tank class&job 2new healing class&1job. No new DPS until the first two have been done.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Teardrop - 09-10-2013

One of the things we try to do in our Free Company (Unsung Heroes) is pledge that no one be stuck in their story at the whims of the duty finder, and we create complete Free Company parties for pretty much everything multiple times daily Smile . It's nice to be able to go through new content with friends and those you trust as well... though I realize not everyone has that option Sad .

You don't have a Free Company listed in your information...maybe finding a home would help you Smile .

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Jove - 09-10-2013

Also it's worth joining the "Balmung's Finest" linkshell, lots of good people from these forums on there who will help you form a party.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Cato - 09-10-2013

The lengthy queue times for DPS classes is a large part of the reason as to why I decided to try out tanking for myself. Unfortunately in exchange for shorter queue times I have a different set of potential issues to deal with!

My advice would be to try to forge your own group if you can. I've had a lot of success simply waiting outside a dungeon and using the shout chat channel to find friendly players willing to run alongside me. There's an element of luck involved, though - some days I get no responses at all!

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Moondoggie - 09-10-2013

Well it's pretty common for DPS to have long waits because everyone plays DPS classes. They are the fastest to level and easiest to pick up and play. I think for the most part this game is a bit strange though. Until endgame people just don't really want to do anything. Fate grinding is so effective that basically all people do all day is camp an area and repeat the same fates. The LFG requests are almost all for Fate farming parties and for Endgame groups.

I enjoy dungeons in general so i often spam them and its hard to find groups sometimes.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Naunet - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 06:59 PM)Isis Wrote: This is typically the case with any game unfortunately Sad

Except, wonderfully enough, with Rift, as any class has access to all four roles (dps, tank, healer, and support) and most people tend to have souls for at least two different roles. That combined with the fact that you can queue as multiple roles means that even queueing for a dungeon as dps only gives you waits of 10-15 minutes.

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - Vinter - 09-10-2013

I usually just run around the area and invite people that fit what I need, until the group is complete. Some times, maybe I can't find that last person I need, the duty finder can take care of that. The thing is far better at finding one person than three.
You can't do that for Ifrit?

RE: *sighs at Queues as DPS* - FreelanceWizard - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 07:32 PM)LeCard Wrote: what we need: 1 new tank class&job 2new healing class&1job. No new DPS until the first two have been done.

According to a recent Yoshida interview, they plan on allowing ACN to queue as a healer or DPS in the near future to help alleviate the pain -- but that the ultimate bottleneck is a lack of tanks.

Also, you can always try to grab people out of a certain society of mages. Smile