Hydaelyn Role-Players
Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? (/showthread.php?tid=4441)

Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Verranicus - 09-10-2013

Just wondering if I'm wasting my time sitting at this server select screen, or if I should stick it out and hope it'll open up as it gets later on in the night.

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Edgar Callant - 09-10-2013

I've seen it open from about 2 AM EST up to about 5 PM EST. Prime time still seems to be a bad time to create characters as the lock system might be based on current population.

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - FreelanceWizard - 09-10-2013

Yes, and indeed, the window during which it's open gets larger with each day. It's typically open early mornings to early afternoons US Central Time.

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Verranicus - 09-10-2013

Thanks guys. I'll wander off and do something else while I occasionally refresh.

Rather than make a new topic though, I had another question: How ridiculous is the catperson overpopulation? A friend is sort of pushing me towards making one, but I hate to be "part of the problem".

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Briaya - 09-10-2013

Don't feel like being a problem. Be who you want to be! Miqo'te are popular, but I see many of the other races running around too. I feel you make the character you want to without the pressure of others making that judgement for you. Okay?

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Beausoleil - 09-11-2013

(09-10-2013, 11:11 PM)Verranicus Wrote: Thanks guys. I'll wander off and do something else while I occasionally refresh.

Rather than make a new topic though, I had another question: How ridiculous is the catperson overpopulation? A friend is sort of pushing me towards making one, but I hate to be "part of the problem".

Theres so many cat people. xD I mean, its understandable if you want to be one but I feel like you should do whatever you want. They're everywhere, but if you want to play one, play one.

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Korin - 09-11-2013

(09-10-2013, 11:11 PM)Verranicus Wrote: Thanks guys. I'll wander off and do something else while I occasionally refresh.

There are a lot of catpeople. They aren't 'the problem' though, so to speak. Really, it's just the same as everyone rolling humans or elves in WoW.

But there are a lot of players in general, so there are a lot of hyur/elezen/lalafell/roegadyn too C:

So do whatever you prefer! It doesn't matter how many other people play the same race, what matters is what you want to play as.

Basically what Briaya said, though! Just let other people have some input if you want them to, but in the end the decision is yours and don't find yourself pressured into rolling one if you -really- don't want to.

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 09-11-2013

I got all tongue-in-cheek about the male Miqo'te overpopulation and made a male Keeper of the Moon named Ohki'tan Molkoh.

If you've read the lore and naming convention on Keepers, I hope you find it as hilarious as I did.

Seriously now, make whatever you wish!  You just have to be able to have fun with the character.

RE: Does Balmung creation occasionally open, or..? - Aleister - 09-11-2013

I feel like there are way more cat people.. I was expecting a overwhelming amount of lalafels.. I barely see them and I see more cats then anything.. That is from what I have seen BUT play what race you wanna play! That is what it is about, fun.