Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] Adventurers' Call (Inactive) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] Adventurers' Call (Inactive) (/showthread.php?tid=4480)

Pages: 1 2

Adventurers' Call (Inactive) - Ross - 09-12-2013

Adventurers' Call
[Image: 051Bc57.png]
      "*Ahem* Ross Lynn would be better to do this, considering she's the actual ah, leader of this linkshell, but as she's... suggested that I'm better suited, I suppose I shall provide the introduction for all of us.

Welcome to 'Adventurers' Call', a group of adventurers dedicated to exploring the world and helping those around us. My name is Malkaen, Malkaen Embra, one of your leaders along with the hyur Ross Lynn. Together with you, a prospective new member, we hope to grow and explore the world around us, proving our worth by aiding those we find who need our help.

I admit we're young, but our youth won't last forever. Eorzea is a big place, and so is the world beyond the borders of the nations that reside here, and hopefully, together with acquaintances old and new, we hope to spread our arms and become a steady force for people to draw from.

So chat with me, Ross Lynn, or any of our members, and see if our company is right for you!"

ABOUT US

Adventurer's Call is a Link Shell/Free Company dedicated to immerse and deep RP. We were started only two weeks after the game released, and we strive to make a rich RP experience. Our roleplay starts from the very beginning of the company. Our characters don't have much gil, and they are travelling mostly by foot. Now, you can roleplay a more advanced adventurer joining our group, or you can be a beginner along with us. We love all forms of variety, and we can't wait to RP with you all. The guild has no overall purpose other than creating a group that seeks adventure and freedom on the open road. If the guild had to be labeled neutral good. We help others, but we shouldn't feel any special attachment to them as a group. Your character may feel attached, but the group itself may not. The goals and alignment of the guild may change through our weekly RP events, and we will always have a living and breathing plot that effects all members of the company and the link shell. You do not have to join our Free Company to be involved. The Free Company is mostly there to for PvE, which we also do! We adore PvE and try to incorporate it into RP every so often! We do have an IC and an OOC linkshell. 

To speak to an officer about joining contact in game (Note our peak activity times are mid afternoon/evening to late night.):
Ross (Ross Lynn)
Kae (Malkaen Embra, Kae Kalahai, Gui Galianos)

Below we have a time line showing important events to the guild.

• 9/12/2013- Ross Lynn starts the group, "Adventurer's Call," in an attempt to escape the stale forest life of a villager. Her childhood "friend" Malkaen Embra was made to help her create it.
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

We're still working out the kinks on our site, but we're all set for members and what not. Most of our activity is on our link shells, so don't worry about joining if you're already in a Free Company

Basic Info:

Rp Intensity: More than 75%
Theme: Adventuring Party
Free company: Dualistic:
Recruitment: Open
Server: Balmung

OOC RULES

I know, rules can make something seem a lot less than it really is, but we need them. So, I'm going to make this short and sweet.

• Please do not GODMOD. The original definition of godmodding was to turn on the "god mode" of a computer game. In the terms of roleplaying, this means to exert too much control over other plots or characters. Do not create invincible characters. Do not control other characters. Do not display OOC knowledge of characters in-character without the writer's expressed permission. Read the posts of the other characters to make sure that you are not performing impossible actions. Life will not go as the character expects 100% of the time. Do not change the world around your character to make sure the character stays on top.
  • RESPECT your fellow roleplayers and the officers and be MATURE. We are all big kids here. People will say stuff, and if what someone is saying offends you, either whisper the person POLITELY to stop or come in contact with an admin who will mediate the issue for you. Officers will disclose the entire situation to the one being accused of rude behavior. We act as neutral parties in member disputes, and if you want us to seriously take action, screenshot the offending behavior. Just like you trust us to be decent officers and keep order, we trust you all to know when to be mature, and we hope you guys wont betray our trust.
  • Keep your posts LEGIBLE. This includes grammatical errors, spelling errors, and whatever post, plot, thread or whatever templates you wish to utilize. Typos can happen. We're not grammar nazis or anything, but if yor pos looks lik this then we have a problem. There are more people who have visual disabilities that roleplay than most people think. Please be conscious of what you write and your choices of colours, fonts and size of script. This mostly applies to the forums, but try to keep all chat speak out of the game as well. When you speak lk dis you come off as ignorant. We do not want to be known as ignorant. So please do not do that.
  • Follow the LORE please! This doesn't mean you have to know everything about Final Fantasy (I know I sure as heck don't!), but please no half faerie dragon princesses from pluto.
  • Observe and keep THE LINE in mind. The line is the line between OOC and IC. People are not their characters, nor should you expect them to be. Just because your character may be involved in some form of relationship, whether good or bad, that doesn't mean the relationship translates over to the player.
  • HAVE FUN! This group is meant to be fun for all who are involved. If you start treating the game too seriously, the forum will likely become unfun. Come talk in the game. Make friends. Grab a drink. Stay a while. Don't get too rowdy. We're all family here.

IC RULES
"As dictated by Ross Lynn"

These are the rules, spoken out to recruits upon meeting them. They are simply guidelines that reflect some moral standings.

• Don't be a DOOFUS or a general twat. We're here to help people! If you can't get that through your thick skull, then don't bother joining us.
  • NEVER turn away someone in NEED unless there's someone in greater need.
  • MIND YOUR BUSINESS when you can. We're not officially recognized by any of the alliance. So, if people from the territory we're in, especially law enforcers, are dealing with a situation, let them deal with it. We don't want trouble. We want the opposite of it!
  • DON'T PICK FIGHTS and never throw the first punch. We're suppose to be the good guys. If someone wants to start a fight, wait until they hit you or someone else. The only acceptation to this rule is if them hitting you would be lethal or debilitating or if they're about to destroy something precious to someone.
  • NO KILLING unless someone's life is in danger. Even then, we don't approve!
  • BURY YOUR DEAD means to preform last rites on anyone who dies. Never leave a body without doing so, even if you just found it in the forest.
  • DON'T TAKE GIL for your services. We are not mercenaries for hire.
  • THE RULES are made to be broken if the situation calls for it.

RE: Adventurers' Call - Jin Kayoroqua - 09-12-2013

ONE OF US 
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Laugh Wink
Jokes aside, definitely hit us up, guys. We're a friendly bunch of people (and obviously goofy too). ^_^

RE: Adventurers' Call - abnormalDeity - 09-17-2013

I don't have the game just yet, but can I sign up for this when I do? Looks really interesting, and I think it'd fit my character pretty well!! :o

RE: Adventurers' Call - Kalato - 09-18-2013

(09-17-2013, 08:28 PM)abnormalDeity Wrote: I don't have the game just yet, but can I sign up for this when I do? Looks really interesting, and I think it'd fit my character pretty well!! :o

Of course! Feel free to contact the names above or you could even message me in game for our OOC linkshell. Be sure to sign up on the website too!

RE: Adventurers' Call - HellishFae - 09-18-2013

Waaaah tried messaging the usernames in game but I didn't get anyone~ I'll try again tomorrow! <3 This looks great ^^

RE: Adventurers' Call - Kalato - 09-18-2013

(09-18-2013, 02:37 AM)HellishFae Wrote: Waaaah tried messaging the usernames in game but I didn't get anyone~ I'll try again tomorrow! <3 This looks great ^^

Really? That is weird because we are all on right now. Unless you mean no response then they may be afk.

RE: Adventurers' Call - Jin Kayoroqua - 09-18-2013

(09-18-2013, 03:42 AM)Kalato Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 02:37 AM)HellishFae Wrote: Waaaah tried messaging the usernames in game but I didn't get anyone~ I'll try again tomorrow! <3 This looks great ^^

Really? That is weird because we are all on right now. Unless you mean no response then they may be afk.

Yar. We were on in-game! :O

My characters name is Turk Kalahai and Jin Kayoroqua 

I had just logged off since the game was too lagy. >_< I'll be on again tonight, though. I have access rights to invite you to the OOC pearl, but the IC pearl will have to be done by Ross or Mal. =)

Oh! Forgot to mention! Hit the up the website and register! =) You can post in the Introduction forum and uh...introduction stuff. XD

http://adventurerscall.enjin.com/home

RE: Adventurers' Call - sparky_ff7f - 09-22-2013

Well it says the last post was done this month. So i guess you can't add a person if they are offline. I attempted to add Ross and Malk so i knew when they were on. But it said no one existed by that name. I'm in desperate need of an IC LS/FC. I'm a veteran roleplayer, but new to the FF world. I played FF 11, but only to about level 10. The Xp drain on death was too much to handle haha. I'm familiar only with little things that are shared between the FF games, such as GF's, spell names, moogles and such. But my knowledge of the actual LORE is a blank slate. I have been in search of deep RP for years on various MMO platforms, but have found it to be difficult, and frustrating; thanks to a large troll community on all MMO's. I fancy the asian background RP most, due to my interests in philosophy and history studies. But i am attempting to break away from that for FF. I spoke with a few people in USH, but they are a mixed group of RPers/Non-Rpers, and i don't like environments like that. Not to mention the classroom environment is made for all characters. Please feel free to contact me any time i'm on. I used to be on late night, but have since changed my schedule a bit. I'm on now from morning to about midnight, almost everyday. Both of my characters would be interested in the IC LS. Thank you!

Cornelius Vittarius, Von'jir Tia

RE: Adventurers' Call - Kalato - 09-23-2013

(09-22-2013, 10:17 AM)sparky_ff7f Wrote: Well it says the last post was done this month. So i guess you can't add a person if they are offline. I attempted to add Ross and Malk so i knew when they were on. But it said no one existed by that name. I'm in desperate need of an IC LS/FC. I'm a veteran roleplayer, but new to the FF world. I played FF 11, but only to about level 10. The Xp drain on death was too much to handle haha. I'm familiar only with little things that are shared between the FF games, such as GF's, spell names, moogles and such. But my knowledge of the actual LORE is a blank slate. I have been in search of deep RP for years on various MMO platforms, but have found it to be difficult, and frustrating; thanks to a large troll community on all MMO's. I fancy the asian background RP most, due to my interests in philosophy and history studies. But i am attempting to break away from that for FF. I spoke with a few people in USH, but they are a mixed group of RPers/Non-Rpers, and i don't like environments like that. Not to mention the classroom environment is made for all characters. Please feel free to contact me any time i'm on. I used to be on late night, but have since changed my schedule a bit. I'm on now from morning to about midnight, almost everyday. Both of my characters would be interested in the IC LS. Thank you!

Cornelius Vittarius, Von'jir Tia

Welcome to the LS! For everyone else thinking of joining I wanted to post a few more names you could contact in order to get into the LS. It's weird people are having trouble getting in when we are a very active LS.

Names: Jin Kayoroqua, Kalato Pilato, Turk Kalahai

You can also head to our website http://adventurerscall.enjin.com/ . You can also go to this link http://adventurerscall.enjin.com/forum/m/16954044/viewthread/8820176-thinking-joining-look-here/post/last#last. There you can post and we can contact you if you prefer it that way.

RE: Adventurers' Call - Jin Kayoroqua - 09-25-2013

Unfortunately, Ross has been MIA for a bit now. =\

Due to this, we've repurposed the shell and changed its name and domain. 

New website is http://spiritls.enjin.com

Sorry for the confusion. Dazed

I was originally just going to be the background site nerd, but I'm stepping up to help out Mal lead this RP/OOC LS to many fun adventures and happies. 

Don't worry, no more no shows. Mal and I have known each other for YEARS. We keep in contact on and off of the game and gossip as it is. I'm not sure what happened with Ross, but hopefully its just simple disinterest and not something ill out of the game. She'll be welcomed with open arms if she pops back in again, thats for sure! She's cool peeps. ^_^

RE: Adventurers' Call - Frozte - 09-26-2013

I have some questions.

1. how active are the membersw?

2. how much do you guys meet up(events or fun)

3. can a person be member of a RP ls and still join this one?

RE: Adventurers' Call - Kalato - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 05:32 AM)Frozte Wrote: I have some questions.

1. how active are the membersw?

2. how much do you guys meet up(events or fun)

3. can a person be member of a RP ls and still join this one?

1. We are very active in all phases of the game. Most of the people are starting to hit the level 35 mark and a few are 50. There are also a few level 50 crafters/gatherers. RP wise last night was our real first night RPing and it was GREAT! Five of us showed up and I laughed a lot.

2. Like above, we just started RPing. We wanted to start earlier but our leader was waiting on transfers to start for a character but since that got pushed back we went ahead and started. We plan on having events once a week or every other week I believe. We have to learn everyones schedule and stuff till we start really planning all those things and how often. We have an IC linkshell which will always be used so if not always face to face there is that. Of course we will RP outside events!

3. I don't see why not! Make sure it makes sense though! For example joining a ls that is about people scared of the world and never leave town, then joining our ls which is the total opposite.

Here is the new website if you decide we are the ls for you! http://spiritls.enjin.com/home

RE: Adventurers' Call - Kalato - 09-30-2013

Wanted to update everyone! The FC is really rolling now, if you happen to see the FC or even myself be sure to say hi!

RE: Adventurers' Call - Leencat - 10-10-2013

I'd love to join a guild like this. I'm also curious what kind of activity the guild has very late at night, because that's when I mostly get to be online.

RE: Adventurers' Call - twigginssawyer - 10-16-2013

can i get a invite Smile