Hydaelyn Role-Players
Taijha Tayuun - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Taijha Tayuun (/showthread.php?tid=4536)

Taijha Tayuun - Nimarhie - 09-14-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Taijha Tayuun, Paprika Rika and K'anika Mahji (Gilgamesh)

• Primary character: Taijha Tayuun

• Linkshells: Intermission 1 (or is it 2?)

• Primary RP linkshell: Still looking

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I love being IC as much as possible, except when doing dungeons or doing something really out of character for Taijha (like battles); though I have in past-games done IC stuff and just had them be dreams. I don't care for ultra-serious RP all the time, I tend to like light-hearted themes, or just casual banter. That's not to say that I don't want to get involved in any deep storylines or anything.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I tend to dislike RP combat because it usually ends up in drama-whoring. If it *has* to happen, I want clearly defined rules and as little bitching as possible. lol Injuries are fine, and death is *only* an option if the involved parties agree to it. You try to murder my character without my say-so, I put you on my blacklist. End of story. I don't spend hours and even days making my character for some halfwit mouthbreather to come along and end her life. >.<
    /endrant

• Views on IC romance:
    I am a big hopeless romantic, I have always thought it would be fun to get involved in a romantic storyline (guy or girl, I don't care). I like my erotica single-player (lol), so I don't get involved with it. But stuff like kissing and hugging, and flirting in public areas is not ERP, and I am perfectly fine with that. I am single IRL, so I don't have to worry about the "other person" getting upset that my imaginary character is having an imaginary romance. Tongue

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I love mundane RP, rarely does anyone want to play that... everyone seems to want to be some sort of dramatic character, or evil psychopath. I am happy running about the world playing as a nobody healer or whatever, a traveling merchant, or just some shy bookworm that runs a bookshop or something like that.
    Taijha has a whole NPC village that I think would be really freaking cool if I could get other players to be a part of. She has a long-lost sister named Masikha that hasn't been seen in 10 years.  I would be more than happy to rename the NPC if someone wanted to play her sister, the only requirement would be that she has the surname of Tayuun (since Moonkeepers are matriarchal). Her mother (Jhili) is still alive, but getting on in years, and her father (Lhei'a Nelhah - they never married), is presumably still alive, but he's a traveling merchant, so she hasn't seen him since the Calamity.

• Views on lore:
    I love the lore in this game, it's so interesting. But the in-game setting is somewhat limiting now. The zones are tiny and there's freaking invisible walls around the most irritating places possibles (docks, ledges, tops of hills, wells, window sills...). So I ignore part of the in-game world in regards to locations. Such as Taijha's home village of Narrow Cleft, which does not exist in lore or in-game, but it's in Eastern Shroud on the shore of the ocean (couldn't make out the name of the bay or the ocean though). I've always promoted the idea that the real Twelvewood and the villages and towns would be far larger than they are shown to be. Farmsteads would exist, houses and other shops would exist in the in-game towns like Bentbranch or that village where the Floating Cork Inn is.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say is IC for me. Always. Linkshells if specifically tagged as being IC, are IC for me, though I will use brackets for OOC. Party chat and whispers are OOC for me... unless you are standing right next to me and noting that you're whispering in /say, it seems rather screwy to be claiming you're whispering from the next town over...

III. Other Info

• Timezone: EST

• Contact info: Here... or in-game; K'anika and Corriander are on Gilgamesh.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~