Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Undyeable now Dyeable? (/showthread.php?tid=4541)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Undyeable now Dyeable? - LeCard - 09-14-2013

Is it just me or were the Green colored items, such as plundered gauntlets, used to be undyeable right? I just tried dyeing my gear and found out my green colored gear icon was also up for dyeing.

I check the Foestriker set, it is still undyeable, did I just over look things before or did we get more stuff that we can dye?

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Covikt - 09-14-2013

Perhaps the sets that are basic armor "in looks" are dyeable.

I can understand why like the Acolyte's and Foestriker's wouldn't be dyeable, but it would make alot of sense if the basic pieces that are just higher stats are ^^

EDIT: I just looked and Iunno why some are Dyeable and some aren't. I have a robe that looks exactly like a regular robe, but it's not dyeable and a Plundered Haubergeon that is. Undecided Guess it just depends.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Roda - 09-14-2013

It's not the background color of the icon that say whether or not a piece of gear is dyable, it's whether or not there's a tiny dye-color-circle in the corner of the icon.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Darkfae - 09-15-2013

I was surprised to find that the greens that drop out of Wanderer's Palace (particularly, the Warlock set) is dyable. Given that the majority of prior green dungeon sets have not been, I was a bit blown away.

There's a lot of threads requesting/demanding that more items be dyable, including the dungeon sets like Acolyte's and Foestriker's, as well as the AF gear. It will be interesting to see if Squeenix gives in on this.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Clover - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 04:07 AM)Darkfae Wrote: There's a lot of threads requesting/demanding that more items be dyable, including the dungeon sets like Acolyte's and Foestriker's, as well as the AF gear. It will be interesting to see if Squeenix gives in on this.
I'd deffinitely appreciate that. I stopped trying to farm the Acolyte set when I learned that its default green colour was permanent (>_<) (unless I'm mistaking the set and you're talking about a different one *sweatdrops*).

Also... does anyone know if the Coliseum set can be dyed? I was under the impression that it couldn't be, but yesterday I saw a screen of the cloth version in pink colour. That left me wondering.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Uther - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 04:07 AM)Darkfae Wrote:  as well as the AF gear. 

Call me a purist, but this would really upset me. A lot of the AF sets are iconic to the Final Fantasy series. I'd be pretty annoyed to see a red Dragoon set or a green Paladin set. It would ruin the job for me a bit. That's just me though.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Cato - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 04:42 AM)Uther Wrote:

Call me a purist, but this would really upset me. A lot of the AF sets are iconic to the Final Fantasy series. I'd be pretty annoyed to see a red Dragoon set or a green Paladin set. It would ruin the job for me a bit. That's just me though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Some stuff really should remain as it is.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - K'nahli - 09-15-2013

While the thought of a green Paladin is a bit disheartening, I'd much rather put up with poor "fashion" sense than mirror replicas everywhere. I am also quite bewildered that you can only dye one part of an armour as well when, judging from the NPCs, they made it clear that the other parts are easily changeable.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Sini'to Shadar - 09-15-2013

I'm pretty liberal, everyone should be able to do what they like. Poor fashion sense... personally, i dont care if others decide to have green paladin gear or pink dragoon, that doesnt affect me. Maybe i want a blue paladin gear, which could still look decent, but isnt possible. :/

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Naunet - 09-15-2013

PURIST!

I jest.

But in all honesty, this is a place where I think the ability to customize one's look should trump any "iconic" claim. This is an MMO, not a single-player RPG, and being able to individualize yourself in-game is of paramount importance. We've got an MMO releasing in 2013 with customization options that are worse than an MMO that released in 2011. You can't even dye primary and secondary colors on the gear you can dye! *tosses hands up into the air helplessly*

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Nimarhie - 09-15-2013

*agrees with Naunet*

This shouldn't even be an issue, it should just be a staple of MMOs nowdays. If this was a 1P game with only multiplayer support, I don't think anyone would really care, because you are the "special snowflake" of that game. In mmos that doesn't really work because everyone ends up being homogenized and bland, you don't look iconic, you look like a carbon copy of every other player of the same class.

It's boring and uninteresting.

If they have half a brain among their decision-makers, they will put in some sort of transmogrification or appearance tab. That way those that want to be "iconic" can run around in their AF armour, and those that don't can run around with the look of something else over the top of the "iconic" armour.

As for the dying of only one part, I'm relatively happy with how it dyes stuff. In Rift, you could dye multiple parts, but you were lucky if you could tell which parts were being dyed sometimes. You might just be wasting several gold on a dye that only colours a tiny strip on the back of the jacket, or the tiny buckles on the boots (I'm not exaggerating). At least in this game you can tell whats being dyed, when you can.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Sini'to Shadar - 09-15-2013

I found the Dye system in guildwars2 best so far. You "unlock" dyes, you have to buy a dye on one char only once and use it, then that char can use that dye forever. Armors had several parts which could be dyed and you could dye around as often as you liked with the 100+ colours you could get. You could experiment!

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Rinh Hallani - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 01:18 PM)Sini Wrote: I found the Dye system in guildwars2 best so far. You "unlock" dyes, you have to buy a dye on one char only once and use it, then that char can use that dye forever. Armors had several parts which could be dyed and you could dye around as often as you liked with the 100+ colours you could get. You could experiment!

Yup, definitely loved how dyes were implemented in GW2 as well. Would like to see that much freedom in this game.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - FreelanceWizard - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 11:46 AM)Nimarhie Wrote: If they have half a brain among their decision-makers, they will put in some sort of transmogrification or appearance tab. That way those that want to be "iconic" can run around in their AF armour, and those that don't can run around with the look of something else over the top of the "iconic" armour.

The devs have confirmed an appearance tab is in the works, possibly for the first big patch (2.1). The design will let you display any equipment you can normally wear for your class (so no plate for casters Smile ). I wish I had a link for the Yoshida interview reference where he describes it, alas.

RE: The Undyeable now Dyeable? - Roda - 09-15-2013

*cough cough*

Show Content