Hydaelyn Role-Players
A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) (/showthread.php?tid=4600)

Pages: 1 2

A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Reppu - 09-18-2013

Attention to all Maelstrom officers, be on the look out for wanted criminal 'Akiri Cloudsong', guilty of crimes of piracy against Limsa Lominsa and La Noscea. Suspected to be related to one 'Captain Cloudsong', captain of the active, but currently missing, piracy ship "The Sunset".

As you know, pirates who are not within active and constant conscription in The Maelstrom are to be treated as enemies of Limsa Lominsa. On top of her recorded actions, 'Akiri Cloudsong' is also guilty of further charges of resisting arrest, and fleeing from an officer.

Additionally, members of the Free Company, "XI:7", are confirmed to be housing her, and aided in her defense when an arrest was attempted. They are now to be considered to be harboring and aiding a known pirate, and may also be harboring 'Captain Cloudsong' and 'The Sunset'. This is not confirmed at this time.

As well, members of "XI:7" drew arms against Lominsan officers attempting the arrest. Members of "XI:7" are to be brought to Maelstrom Command and questioned for their involvement in active piracy, and harboring of wanted criminals of Limsa Lominsa.

They are considered to be armed and dangerous, but force should only be exercised in self-defense, on chance their involvement may be accidental, and not intentional. 'Akiri Cloudsong' is to be apprehended, with force as necessary, as soon as possible.

Should any members of "XI:7" come to her defense with this information presented, they are considered to be traitors of Limsa Lominsa, and may be dealt with accordingly. Ensure to remind them at least that 'Akiri Cloudsong' is, in fact, a wanted criminal.

An up-to-date picture and criminal log of 'Akiri Cloudsong' is available, and all officers should have their records updated as soon as possible. A list of signed members of the Free Company, "XI:7", is being gathered, and will be given to active Maelstrom officers as soon as possible.

Grand Company support of "XI:7" will be suspended on confirmation in their involvement with active piracy, thus consider this mission of standard priority. Any members of "XI:7" wishing to explain the actions of the Free Company, are welcome to come, unarmed, to Maelstrom Command to do so.

Remember, pirates not conscripted in the Maelstrom, are enemies of Limsa Lominsa. Let "XI:7" nor any others, fool you otherwise. Those not sworn to our Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn, are seeking our destruction.

Till Sea Swallows All.

- Report documented and delivered by Maelstrom Second Lieutenant, Reppu Hijiri. Confirmed by Maelstrom Command.

( I could not find 'The Assembly' post described in the rules to see if this was legal, so do feel free to nuke this as needed. It's just a bit of Balmung Open RP shenanigans.

This is not a strictly 'closed' event, but is mostly for XI:7 to either clear their name, or totally bork themselves. And also to further amuse Akiri.

All information presented was granted by Akiri, to be used if I desired to see this through. The charges against XI:7 are due to their direct invention during the RP event took place September 17th. Members of XI:7, for the sake of actually 'explaining themselves', may post here, or simply opt to get in contact with me in-game. Finally, although it should not need to be said, avoid drama and take this seriously, folks! Well, as seriously as RP can go.

This has been posted on the RPC for any Maelstrom officer roleplayers to do as they wish. This scenario has presented in a manner to easily clear XI:7's name if they so desire, with out any 'permanent' repercussions.

Keep in mind, permission was granted by Akiri to go along this storyline, and is only in an attempt to further her character. She was also alerted to the potential of this post being created, as well as XI:7 leader Garryson being informed as well. )

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - LandStander - 09-24-2013

((I really really like this idea. There are lots of mercenaries and bounty hunting characters. I think stuff like this will give some RPers a chance to actually play out their characters "job". If this is posted to the public as well I will definitely go poke Akiri. :3))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Ciara Snow - 09-24-2013

((wewt wewt! Mackaylas out to get you now!))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - cuideag - 09-24-2013

(( Actually kind of curious to see if someone might consider poor Jajara to be 'armed and dangerous' @__@ ))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Sulie Spellouise - 09-24-2013

(( Sulie Has Akiri's Back....well at least until someone tries to throw her in water.))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Reppu - 10-06-2013

(( Belated response, but yes. This would be public in Limsa Lominsa for all with XI:7's refusal to cooperate. Enjoy! They're all 'wanted' now. ))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Levy - 10-06-2013

(09-24-2013, 10:56 PM)cuideag Wrote: (( Actually kind of curious to see if someone might consider poor Jajara to be 'armed and dangerous' @__@ ))

((Jajara is too cute for me to consider armed and dangerous. Maybe dangerously cute but yea. lol))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Tia - 10-14-2013

(10-06-2013, 02:44 AM)Levy Wrote:
(09-24-2013, 10:56 PM)cuideag Wrote: (( Actually kind of curious to see if someone might consider poor Jajara to be 'armed and dangerous' @__@ ))

((Jajara is too cute for me to consider armed and dangerous. Maybe dangerously cute but yea. lol))
This Tongue

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - AkiriCloudsong - 10-17-2013

((Akiri was arrested. After a stay in the jail she's currently on conditional release.))

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Reppu - 10-19-2013

( Keen! Although seeing how no one from XI:7 bothered to step up to this challenge, I would still issue all members are currently considered to be enemies of Limsa Lominsa, and arrested on sight. Or, well, they can continue to shrug this off. Their call! )

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-19-2013

(I'd like to see someone try to arrest her around the Grindstone. D:<)

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Reppu - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 08:42 PM)Siobhain Wrote:

(I'd like to see someone try to arrest her around the Grindstone. D:<Wink

( Well, the whole 'aiding in resisting arrest' thing is why this post was created in the first place. The mentality of 'LAW ENFORCEMENT IS EVIL' is kind of amusing in that regard.

None of this would have happened if things just played out in a more... I guess I'll try the term, 'realistic' manner. I'd strongly suggest just, well, NOT getting in the way. She'd get her name cleared instead of having legitimate charges! )

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Tia - 10-20-2013

(10-19-2013, 08:41 PM)Reppu Wrote: ( Keen! Although seeing how no one from XI:7 bothered to step up to this challenge, I would still issue all members are currently considered to be enemies of Limsa Lominsa, and arrested on sight. Or, well, they can continue to shrug this off. Their call! )

ok I have issue with this.. while there was some RP and mainly interaction between you Akiri and myself adding in some XI:7 members into it as it progressed.. how could any RP let one person state that an entire FC is "enemies of Limsa Lominsa"  to me this is metagaming.. and the reason why the FC in question did not "step up to the challenge"  as you put it.  It would be like  a police officer accosting a couple Chicago cubs baseball players over something that was NOT illegal then finding one had an arrest warrant and some other players stepping in to find out wtf was going on.  The one with the warrant bolts in panic dragging the other teammate with them and said officer tries to arrest the entire Chicago Cubs franchise over over the incident.  

While the encounter was interesting and helped further Akiri's personal storyline along.  Your one character should not have the power that you claim to posses and wield.  If so then you could go up to anyone in LL and arrest them for rules you made up.  And any objections by a FC member plants their entire FC on the lam... does that seem "fair and balanced" Rp to you?  

Now if you have a RP bone to pick with Akiri or Tia.. hey.. they fled the scene.. and RP's is RP's

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Sulie Spellouise - 10-20-2013

(10-19-2013, 08:41 PM)Reppu Wrote: ( Keen! Although seeing how no one from XI:7 bothered to step up to this challenge, I would still issue all members are currently considered to be enemies of Limsa Lominsa, and arrested on sight. Or, well, they can continue to shrug this off. Their call! )

There are quite a few players such as myself who are NOT members of XI:7 but allies of XI:7 and who will step up to the challenge IF and ONLY IF there is no Metagaming involved. Lets face it; you wouldn't want me claiming just because I have a max rank member of the Maelstrom that I control the policing of the entire city of Limsa and therefore have a right to claim every member of XI:7 (not sure how you would know who was a member or not unless they voiced it) or any other FC for that matter; as being an enemy to the whole city.

I have XI:7's back on any and all characters that have rped with them; therefore should they in fact decide to throw the proverbial glove at you and your supposed "power" over who is an enemy and who isn't; I am  more than happy to tag along.

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - cuideag - 10-20-2013

(( There are a lot of things about this whole thing that didn't sit so well with me, and I suppose in a way I am somewhat relieved that nothing seems to have come of it. I certainly never heard of anything IC - nothing about members of XI:7 being enemies of Limsa Lominsa, nor of them being under suspicion of anything by anyone, much less an officer of the Maelstrom itself. My character has practically been living in Limsa for some time now and is quite open about being XI:7, but... nothing. It isn't, ahem, shrugging anything off if there isn't anything happening. Your attitude here is no more helpful than your reputation in-game, 'Princess' Reppu.

I do have to echo some of the others here and wonder how the in-game rank of a single player could condemn an entire FC worth of people as being criminals? Never mind that the FC in question stands at sworn with the Maelstrom in-game. Does the rank of an individual outweigh the reputation of a free company? How should we interpret the discrepancy? If there are XI:7 with the same rank as yours, can they effectively revoke your 'order'?

I like to think I can be reasonably flexible with certain aspects of meta-gaming if there is going to be some potentially interesting conflicts, but there's only so much one can throw out there before folks decide it isn't worth taking too seriously.

Honestly I do like what you tried to do, but I definitely disagree with how it was handled.

In the future, please remember that nobody owes you any RP, especially RP stemming from an unreasonable situation to begin with. ))