Hydaelyn Role-Players
A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) (/showthread.php?tid=4600)

Pages: 1 2

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Reppu - 10-21-2013

( If you do not like this, do not RP with it! But, do not give others any hassle about it. As far as I am concerned, -all- of XI:7 are allies of piracy against Limsa Lominsa. Will I ever RP this out? No. Because quite honestly, your Company leader metagamed the entire thing out from under me, and so did everyone else who was present. DESPITE Akiri requesting I play along with her plot.

This entire situation is silly, and I wanted to see if it could be salvaged. But, considering the attitudes still present? You may as well consider it dropped. No one likes consequence in roleplay these days.

But, to those claiming people in XI:7 with 'equal' rank to Reppu in the Maelstrom could 'revoke' the order? No. Evidence proves XI:7 aided a known pirate against the Admiralty. That is treason. Their rank would be revoked until evidence is proven they are not supportive of this, which could have easily been RP'd out. But the stance is 'Don't tell us how to RP' is pretty much what was constantly shoved.

The end result is; There were witnesses. They testified that XI:7 members, admitting who they were, aided in the escape and refused to agree to questioning by a Maelstrom officer. This entire debacle could have been resolved with simple 'Did you know?' 'No.' "Alright then.'

Instead, the members present blew Reppu off, threatened her, and walked off with the 'last word' demanded. Your FC leader took it a step further OOC. That is the situation.

As stated earlier, consider the whole thing dropped. This just seems, to me, a case of no one wanting to either 1) Roleplay consequence, or 2) Be reasonable in any matter. My initial post even stressed ANY members of XI:7 could clarify what happened, why it happened, and the entire situation would be dropped.

No one took it seriously, so I took it as a call of escalation, then THESE posts happen. It's a lame way to go about it, but it's your call. But, like it or not? Next time your FC leader openly threatens a Maelstrom officer, and walks off strutting his stuff after aiding a known pirate against the Admiralty escape being brought in for questioning?

Don't blame the messenger saying your leader represents you. Because they do. )

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Tia - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 01:55 AM)Reppu Wrote: ( If you do not like this, do not RP with it! But, do not give others any hassle about it. As far as I am concerned, -all- of XI:7 are allies of piracy against Limsa Lominsa. Will I ever RP this out? No. Because quite honestly, your Company leader metagamed the entire thing out from under me, and so did everyone else who was present. DESPITE Akiri requesting I play along with her plot.

This entire situation is silly, and I wanted to see if it could be salvaged. But, considering the attitudes still present? You may as well consider it dropped. No one likes consequence in roleplay these days.

But, to those claiming people in XI:7 with 'equal' rank to Reppu in the Maelstrom could 'revoke' the order? No. Evidence proves XI:7 aided a known pirate against the Admiralty. That is treason. Their rank would be revoked until evidence is proven they are not supportive of this, which could have easily been RP'd out. But the stance is 'Don't tell us how to RP' is pretty much what was constantly shoved.

The end result is; There were witnesses. They testified that XI:7 members, admitting who they were, aided in the escape and refused to agree to questioning by a Maelstrom officer. This entire debacle could have been resolved with simple 'Did you know?' 'No.' "Alright then.'

Instead, the members present blew Reppu off, threatened her, and walked off with the 'last word' demanded. Your FC leader took it a step further OOC. That is the situation.

As stated earlier, consider the whole thing dropped. This just seems, to me, a case of no one wanting to either 1) Roleplay consequence, or 2) Be reasonable in any matter. My initial post even stressed ANY members of XI:7 could clarify what happened, why it happened, and the entire situation would be dropped.

No one took it seriously, so I took it as a call of escalation, then THESE posts happen. It's a lame way to go about it, but it's your call. But, like it or not? Next time your FC leader openly threatens a Maelstrom officer, and walks off strutting his stuff after aiding a known pirate against the Admiralty escape being brought in for questioning?

Don't blame the messenger saying your leader represents you. Because they do. )

Wow, did you read anyone else's posts except your own?  No RP consequences?  I guess you failed to see where Akiri updated you.. since she was "ARRESTED"  and was in jail and is now out on conditional release and the whole episode took quite a bit to resolve..And of course you wouldn't have known it but both were severely injured from the fall.

As far as XI:7 is concerned the incident never happened, Akiri and I included it as it was out story line you jumped into.  And I've stated before, if you were to run into one of us ICly then RP could happen.. but I take issue with your trying to control teh fate of a FC  that is not your own.   I know you and Garry talked and that he was extremely frustrated afterwards and the incident was retconned.   

Your not all powerful, l I could RP that a Maelstrom judge befriends Tia and feeling sorry for her strips you of your rank and gives you a dishonorable discharge from the Maelstrom. That is the type of RP power you were attempting to yield and why I called meta-gaming.  

I am all for RP consequences because things have to happen.  When you approached us both Akiri and I sent you tells giving you information as that is what you'd see.  It is a consequence of you moving towards us, but it wasn't a carte blanche invite to utterly hijack  the RP and brand a FC "enemies of LL because they questioned what you were doing.   I love it when people jump into my RP and I encourage it, only issue ever have had has been you for the reasons stated.  

Oh and BTW.. Akiri and Tia are not officially members of XI:7     

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Reppu - 10-26-2013

I'm not surprised they aren't.

And really, if you need to blame someone? Blame Akiri~

Anyway, this thread is 'closed' on my end. No further responses. Have a fantastic... evening? Morning? What have you.

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - Tia - 10-27-2013

(10-26-2013, 08:56 PM)Reppu Wrote: I'm not surprised they aren't.

And really, if you need to blame someone? Blame Akiri~

Anyway, this thread is 'closed' on my end. No further responses. Have a fantastic... evening? Morning? What have you.

Um... blame Akiri.... for what?   being polite and trying to include you into RP when you approached us?

You know what, I apologize.  I am sorry, I'm sorry we tried to be polite and include you into a Rp story line when you engaged us that evening.  And I'm sorry that I failed to make you understand just what the issues were.  My your Rp always go the way you want it.

As Captain John Sheridan said, " As with everything else, it's the thought that counts. "

RE: A notice for the Maelstrom. (Balmung - Maelstrom Affairs - Not Quite Closed?) - AkiriCloudsong - 10-28-2013

Blame me? ...alright, I'm not sure what for though. 
You really should stop acting like I asked you to do any of this or that you're doing me some sort of favor. You came over to RP and we RPd. I didn't ask you to advance any plots, especially since I don't have any. I just roll with what happens.

Did I agree to this RP, yes. But I don't appreciate it being depicted that I coordinated any of this.