Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime/Manga General - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anime/Manga General (/showthread.php?tid=4725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Anime/Manga General - N'rahmean - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 01:07 PM)cuideag Wrote:

I want this to play at my wedding and my funeral, I don't even care. JOJOOOOOOOO

[youtube]7ziYoFqEPZY[/youtube]

RE: Anime/Manga General - TheLastCandle - 05-17-2015

Lately I've been watching World Trigger and Gintama(YAY IT'S BACK!) while pining for moar Space Brothers. Hopefully it comes back sooner than later.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Sailor July - 05-19-2015

So, we've just started watching Pokémon! (It's my first time, Jen's watched a bit in the past.) I'm excite because I know I'll have my OC trainer eventually. I'm eagerly awaiting an Eevee (my fav.) 

[Image: tumblr_nagwo0dhCI1rsrk2xo1_r1_500.gif]

I will say that I don't like Misty, though. Not yet anyway.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Mountie - 05-19-2015

And you never will.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Gegenji - 05-19-2015

I like Eevee well enough but, if we're talking the show (I rather like Shedinja in the games, it's so gimmicky!), then I'll have to say I have a soft spot for classic Electabuzz.

Show Content

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 05-19-2015

One of the best pokemon episodes will always be the Town with Electabuzz and Scyther gangs.

I need to get into some other new ones but I've been back into my gintama love.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Mountie - 05-19-2015

It's all about that Electrode.

[Image: 14sia7r.jpg]
My feels T.T

RE: Anime/Manga General - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-11-2015

Heyooo bumping this.

I've been reading more mange lately, and this one is pretty good:

[Image: C2DE1S4.jpg]

[Image: 6S1UWUH.jpg]

It's pretty standard 'Trapped in an MMO' story, but the twist is the main character spawned as a class that can only use a shield. So he has to gather a group of allies to help him fight.

The Manga is at about 15 chapters, but the light novel is completed.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Aaron - 09-11-2015

I recommend the Fate series! Fate Zero, Fate/stay night & Fate Unlimited Bladeworks

Of a Toradora, I never liked romance/drama animes but Toradora was perhaps the best thing I've ever seen in that genre. Everything was just amazing.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Pastry Army - 09-11-2015

(05-17-2015, 08:10 PM)N Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 01:07 PM)cuideag Wrote:

I want this to play at my wedding and my funeral, I don't even care. JOJOOOOOOOO

[youtube]7ziYoFqEPZY[/youtube]
[Image: 72c85148-987c-44bc-845d-b49f788f17aa_300.jpg]

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 09-11-2015

Re-watched Girls und Panzer.

Eagerly awaiting the 2nd season of Haikyuu!

Read through what was released of Uchuu Kyoudai.

Also started various MMA or boxing manga.

Finished Claymore.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Caspar - 09-15-2015

Space Bros is good, but it's sooooo loooong. I don't know if I can watch it all.

Garupan is up there among my favorite shows. I'm something of a WW2 nerd, so it was very gratifying to me.

I remember liking a semi-recent show, Gugure! Kokkuri-san. I can't recall if I recommended it before, but I had a lot of fun watching it.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 09-15-2015

(09-15-2015, 10:48 AM)Caspar Wrote: Space Bros is good, but it's sooooo loooong. I don't know if I can watch it all.
I marathon many things so I marathon'd the anime after I marathon'd the manga.

I wish Piano no Mori had an anime series, not just a film.

I also would like to get into Saint Young Men Laugh

RE: Anime/Manga General - Aldotsk - 09-16-2015

Mangas: - 2015
  1. Rise of Shield Hero Chronicles
  2. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
  3. One Piece
  4. Prison School
  5. Heavens Judgement
  6. World Embryo
  7. Danmachi
  8. I am inside Mari
  9. Re:Marina
  10. Domestic of Girls
  11. UQ Holder
  12. Romance of Three Kingdoms
  13. New Hero Saga
  14. Stronger New Saga
Anime: - 2015
  1. Expelled from Paradise
  2. Shimoneta
  3. Naruto (hurrrr durr again - felt like watching again)

RE: Anime/Manga General - 13uddy - 09-22-2015

(09-16-2015, 11:36 AM)Aldotsk Wrote:
  1. Expelled from Paradise

I actually am planning to watch that this week.  I was going to watch it before, but I kept getting distracted by either something I liked leaving, returning to or getting more episodes on Netflix.

The two most recent anime I've seen were Samurai Flamenco and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, both which I liked a lot more than I expected to.  

Samurai Flamenco appealed to me on a few fronts, but the biggest draw is because I'm a big fan of Japanese superheroes like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and stuff like that.  It was so ridiculous at times, but I think that just made it all the more appealing to me.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, though, I had no real clue what to expect other than a post apocalyptic sci-fi element and giant robots.  I really expected this would be a series I would only half-watch, but I was a bit surprised I got sucked in and enjoyed the story.  It was interesting to watch the main character evolve from this brainwashed soldier to an individual who thought for himself.