Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime/Manga General - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anime/Manga General (/showthread.php?tid=4725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Anime/Manga General - SicketySix - 09-24-2015

I don't read manga/anime (I don't hardely read at all) nor have I watched any until a little while ago.

I've only watched Sword Art Online and am now half way through the 2nd season.
The first season I thought was awesome and somehow it helped my in immersing myself into games a lot more. The 2nd season however, snooze fest and I've since lost interest.

What would y'all reccomend as some must watch anime that's on Netflix?

RE: Anime/Manga General - Eses Fafa - 09-24-2015

Lessee...I've been watching a lot of Gangsta lately. The western sort of theme and the tackling of serious issues like drugs, crime, corruption and prostitution in a classier light appeals to me a LOT. Though it's not too realistic luckily, so I still get teleporting super soldiers. Woo!

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 07:26 PM)Casden Reeves Wrote: I don't read manga/anime (I don't hardely read at all) nor have I watched any until a little while ago.

I've only watched Sword Art Online and am now half way through the 2nd season.
The first season I thought was awesome and somehow it helped my in immersing myself into games a lot more. The 2nd season however, snooze fest and I've since lost interest.

What would y'all reccomend as some must watch anime that's on Netflix?
First, what are you interested in? It's easier to make recommendations on what type of series you might be interested in.

Do you like drama? The shounen stuff like SAO? What grabs you?

Bear in mind, these are general suggestions and I don't remember if they are fully on Netflix or not.

Seirei no Moribito
Gurren Lagann
Samurai Champloo
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works
Deadman Wonderland

RE: Anime/Manga General - SicketySix - 09-25-2015

I actually do not have much a preference at all. Even with movies, tv shows, videogames, there's not really genre in particular that'd I'd prefer one over the other

So basically, I guess, what do you people find good?

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 10-12-2015

One Punch Man is a great action series. Plays with a bit of tropes and whatnot.

The series originally started as a webcomic (ongoing) by ONE who cranks out snippets in his free time.
[Image: IUQAKRN.jpg]
To the left is the original by ONE and to the right is the redraw by Yusuke Murata.

Yusuke Murata collaborated with him for a bit before starting to adapt and illustrate it for manga publication. Murata is known for illustrating Eyeshield 21. From what I can tell, barring small publication specials, Murata is completely following the flow, story and pace of the original.

[Image: 415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif]

I've said before in other places that I take things and myself too seriously... but the humor in One Punch Man is great. I would like to liken it to Gintama's sense of humor if I had to.

Take a look at this Opening here
[youtube]HcpVSbmphSQ[/youtube]

I enjoy it but the releases seem sporadic. Sad

RE: Anime/Manga General - Caspar - 10-13-2015

I like Osomatsu-san's first episode. I hope it continues to be funny.

It's always entertaining when they take an old franchise and try to update it for modern audiences. The rate of success can be rather mixed, but I think Osomatsu is very self-aware as a show from the sixties that it is horribly dated, and takes good advantage of that.

RE: Anime/Manga General - -no longer matters- - 10-13-2015

I really got into Rokka Braves Of The Six Flowers, and God Eater recently.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:32 PM)Dinah Wrote: I really got into Rokka Braves Of The Six Flowers, and God Eater recently.
I got into the anime and then I realized that the series is more about X question problem than about anything else. I barely know anything about the world or its story. Always about the fucking extra.

Then I looked into some light novel translations and I realized I started into a train wreck. :/

Show Content

RE: Anime/Manga General - -no longer matters- - 10-14-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:39 PM)Kage Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 12:32 PM)Dinah Wrote: I really got into Rokka Braves Of The Six Flowers, and God Eater recently.
I got into the anime and then I realized that the series is more about X question problem than about anything else. I barely know anything about the world or its story. Always about the fucking extra.

Then I looked into some light novel translations and I realized I started into a train wreck. :/

Show Content
Yeah but it's fun putting the clues together, and figuring out who it is. I figured out who the first 7th brave was, using the clues the show gave. I enjoy things like that. I'm avoiding light novel spoilers because I want to figure out the next one too on my own.

I have some ideas.

I also just stared Brave 10 last night. I'm digging it so far (only 2 eps in though.) I <3 Crunchy Roll

RE: Anime/Manga General - Caspar - 10-14-2015

Show Content
I think its a kinda interesting approach to fantasy story, like a whodunit

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 07:37 PM)Caspar Wrote:

Show Content
I think its a kinda interesting approach to fantasy story, like a whodunit

It'd be much more interesting of an approach if it wasn't around 4 years / 6 novels worth, but at this point I'm more interested in something other than another take on "who's the spy" and finding out more about the demons and the Demon god with a little more than just a few stuff about the different factions.

RE: Anime/Manga General - -no longer matters- - 10-15-2015

I personally love the mystery of it. We have so many team gathers to beat the big bad, this is kind of refreshing to me.

I just started "Brave 10" I'm only 2 episodes in so far but it seems promising.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Caspar - 10-16-2015

This season, i like Mr. Osomatsu, Utawarerumono 2, (i was fond of the first back when I was in school.) Comet Lucifer, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans. I also am curious about Perfect Insider, since it's Notamina and I've no idea what sort of show it will become.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Aaron - 10-16-2015

Noragami season 2 is out.

RE: Anime/Manga General - SicketySix - 10-26-2015

So I went on Netflix add added some anime shows that I thought looked interesting.

Keep in mind I've stated before that I don't really know much about the anime genre and have only watched SAO thru the first season. SO I'm not really sure what to tell you my taatse are, or what I prefer.

I added the following:

Expelled from Paradise
InuYasha
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist (there where several of these, but from what I can tell this is the first)
Moribito
Attack on Titan
Rosario Vampire
Freezing
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Noragami

Any comments? Anything to add/remove from this list?
Anything to watch first? etc etc