Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime/Manga General - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anime/Manga General (/showthread.php?tid=4725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 10-26-2015

Keep in mind that Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) is a different series from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

2003 was made in a time when the manga was still early development so for the first 10 episodes ish the 2003 anime and Brotherhood anime are almost exactly the same. After that, the 2003 anime deviates very far from the manga as it had outpaced the source material.

Both are good but Brotherhood is better in my opinion.

Inuyasha and Naruto are very long series (150+ episodes each to say the least) so I wouldn't focus on them.

I personally would skip Rosario + Vampire.

Arpeggio is very very much "OK". It is mildly interesting but also not particularly great. It's only 12 episodes so technically if it's a waste, you're not wasting much time.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Sinjo - 10-26-2015

Here's a list of all the things I've watched. Though I'm probably missing some. Just in case you're curious about an Anime or what.

Naruto gets way better and way shorter if you skip all the filler. It basically cuts 400+ episodes in half.

That said, I'd recommend One Piece and Kill la Kill if you ever get the chance.

RE: Anime/Manga General - SicketySix - 10-27-2015

"Kill La Kill" is there on Netflix, but not "One Piece"

RE: Anime/Manga General - Sinjo - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 10:56 AM)SicketySix Wrote: "Kill La Kill" is there on Netflix, but not "One Piece"

Aye. Sadly it isn't. But, Gurren Lagaan should still be up there and it's really good too. For both series, no matter how much you don't like them. Stick it out till about six or seven episodes in. They both take a little bit to get into it.

RE: Anime/Manga General - McBeefâ„¢ - 10-27-2015

If you want a good ship anime watch space opera. 

For whatever reason all the bluewater ship animes are about weaboo waifu girl ships.

Battleship Yamato/Crest of the Stars/Legend of the Galactic Heroes are all really good. The new Battleship Yamato is fucking amazing and I'm surprised more people haven't seen it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: yamato_by_tristtrist-d6bciko.gif]

[Image: Space-Battleship-Yamato-2199-animated-gif-5.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mqxaycscKi1sajcjoo4_400.gif]

RE: Anime/Manga General - Ashe - 10-27-2015

I stopped watching anime...
But I work on manga for a living...so. I read a lot of manga. 
Like all day every day. 
Except Saturday and Sunday...that's my vacation from manga unless I want to get ahead on weekly chapters xPP

RE: Anime/Manga General - Vyce - 10-27-2015

duplicate

RE: Anime/Manga General - Vyce - 10-27-2015

PANTY AND STOCKING WITH GARTERBELT

[Image: panty-and-stocking-o.gif]
[Image: w1xgbkh.gif]
[Image: e7069cd570d31568f56c6401a68e199280fe7a8a_hq.gif]
[Image: g9VAXHa.gif]
"Die, motherfucker!"

RE: Anime/Manga General - Sinjo - 10-27-2015

Never really got into PSG.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 11-04-2015

IT'S TAKEN A FEW DAYS BUT I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS GONNA BE A SEASON 4 OF FULL METAL PANIC AND I CAN'T CONTROL MY EXCITEMENT.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-24/full-metal-panic-novels-inspire-new-anime-adaptation/.94580

RE: Anime/Manga General - Caspar - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 12:40 AM)Kage Wrote: IT'S TAKEN A FEW DAYS BUT I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS GONNA BE A SEASON 4 OF FULL METAL PANIC AND I CAN'T CONTROL MY EXCITEMENT.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-24/full-metal-panic-novels-inspire-new-anime-adaptation/.94580
I'm super happy for that news. I heard about it a while ago. ^_^
I've been meaning to watch the recent Yamato anime, but it keeps getting pushed back behind others. I'm already falling behind as it is November and I should be writing...

The anime is at least 4 years in the making (since the Light novels ended in 2011) or 10 years because TSR came out like 10 years ago D:

RE: Anime/Manga General - Caspar - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 12:54 AM)Kage Wrote: The anime is at least 4 years in the making (since the Light novels ended in 2011) or 10 years because TSR came out like 10 years ago D:
That makes me feel really old...
I enjoyed TSR, but I actually never completed the first FMP anime. I should get around to wrapping up those last couple of episodes. I've got a lot of series I've never really finished because of other distractions.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Sylentmana - 11-04-2015

I've been into anime and manga since I was kid (back in the early 90's). I like a lot of the new stuff you can find these days. I'm especially fond of Little Witch Academia (in case that wasn't obviousBig Grin), but I forever hold a special place in my heart for the older stuff, back when it was done without all this fancy computer stuff.

I've been re-watching some of the classics: Dragon Ball series, The Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Neo Genesis Evangelion, etc. There is just something special about the older stuff that fills me with the warm fuzzies.Laugh

(11-04-2015, 10:07 AM)Sylentmana Wrote: I've been re-watching some of the classics: Dragon Ball series, The Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Neo Genesis Evangelion, etc. There is just something special about the older stuff that fills me with the warm fuzzies.Laugh

[youtube]c1_6OdRBWds[/youtube]
[youtube]MNRFOiqksNI[/youtube]

Fun fact: For like 4+ years my University's anime club had this annual running OP/ED contest. Song, lyrics, animation are -supposed- to be considered...

Record of Lodoss War kept winning. So much. Or 2nd place. It was only when I was an alumn or senior year did it lose.