Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime/Manga General - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anime/Manga General (/showthread.php?tid=4725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Anime/Manga General - Meghatron - 07-18-2014

(10-09-2013, 01:17 PM)Raccoon Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 03:32 PM)Oroban Wrote: Ughhhh, the new season is starting, with so many delicious new series.
Gundam Build Fighters.
Unbreakable Machine Doll.
Kill la Kill.
Blazblue - Alter Memory.
Yuushibu.

Those are just the ones I'm thinking of picking up right now (In addition to the Gifuu Doudou and Danball Senki Wars I watch every week.), and there's a ton more. Oh jeeez.

Eh, I can't get into a Gundam series that's all about playing with the toys and playing in virtual reality with your cobbled together gunpla, which only works right if you put extra love into its creation. If you put yours together solely for the stats, I'm afraid you can't stand up to those that love their gunpla. Yeeeah....

I'm with you on the rest though.

You mean it's Angelic Layer; the Gundam Series?

RE: Anime/Manga General - Aerghwab - 07-18-2014

(07-18-2014, 08:51 PM)Meghatron Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 01:17 PM)Raccoon Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 03:32 PM)Oroban Wrote: Ughhhh, the new season is starting, with so many delicious new series.
Gundam Build Fighters.
Unbreakable Machine Doll.
Kill la Kill.
Blazblue - Alter Memory.
Yuushibu.

Those are just the ones I'm thinking of picking up right now (In addition to the Gifuu Doudou and Danball Senki Wars I watch every week.), and there's a ton more. Oh jeeez.

Eh, I can't get into a Gundam series that's all about playing with the toys and playing in virtual reality with your cobbled together gunpla, which only works right if you put extra love into its creation. If you put yours together solely for the stats, I'm afraid you can't stand up to those that love their gunpla. Yeeeah....

I'm with you on the rest though.

You mean it's Angelic Layer; the Gundam Series?
Ugh, Build Fighters is the worst. Looking forward to Reconguista in G.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 07-30-2014

To be honest I'm a sucker for the Level-5 anime and games... so I've watched Inazuma Eleven and Danball Senki a -lot-.

Danball Senki is fun.

I started to watch Aldnoah Zero. I like it. A lot. The part I don't like. "Series Creator: Urobuchi Gen"

RE: Anime/Manga General - Zhavi - 07-30-2014

(07-30-2014, 12:25 PM)ExKage Wrote: I started to watch Aldnoah Zero. I like it. A lot. The part I don't like. "Series Creator: Urobuchi Gen"

Let the bodies hit the floor?

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 07-30-2014

(07-30-2014, 12:27 PM)Zhavi Wrote:
(07-30-2014, 12:25 PM)ExKage Wrote: I started to watch Aldnoah Zero. I like it. A lot. The part I don't like. "Series Creator: Urobuchi Gen"

Let the bodies hit the floor?
I foresee heartbreak for me at the end.

Or when a 3rd movie is made.

*coughs*DAMNYOUMADOKAREBELLIONDAMNYOU*coughs*

RE: Anime/Manga General - Arkghyom - 08-08-2014

I was re-watching Monster the other day. Nice manga and decent adaptation!

[youtube]msTB5r8nUHU[/youtube]

RE: Anime/Manga General - Zhavi - 08-08-2014

For those of you watching stuff from this season, give Zankyou no Terror a go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHHMkIbd2wI

Shinichiro Watanabe is directing, Yoko Kanno is doing the music, Kazuto Nakazawa did character designs. Unless the second half really, really sucks, it's going to be something wonderful. Not the strongest thing ever (the way the riddles get solved makes it feel sorta like an afterthought, imo), but still beautiful and fun.

(and no, it's not romance -- that scene might look like romance, but it's not)

RE: Anime/Manga General - allgivenover - 08-08-2014

I'm all over Aldnoah.Zero right now.

[youtube]Ug_waNMjLa0[/youtube]

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 08-08-2014

I was sorta an immature ass one time when Monster was being shown as the pick for a Friday night. Now, we were mostly quiet but we were there to (somewhat) enjoy viewing an anime with friends but...

My suspension of belief could not handle the doctor. I wanted to gripe at him for the first few episodes.

Also that one "evil/bad" kid. >.> The yaoi fangirls who were skyping could not stop talking about it and it led to some people who looked over someone's shoulder to look at the laptop screen (at the very back so we don't interfere with people watching, yay uni class rooms) to giggle incessantly.

I should probably give the series another chance but egads the main protag for awhile... "STOP. BEING. A DUNCE. YER A DOCTOR."

RE: Anime/Manga General - Edgar - 08-08-2014

Studio Ghibli has announced that they will no longer be making feature length animation.

I just felt a part of me die.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Arkghyom - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 11:26 AM)ExKage Wrote: I was sorta an immature ass one time when Monster was being shown as the pick for a Friday night. Now, we were mostly quiet but we were there to (somewhat) enjoy viewing an anime with friends but...

My suspension of belief could not handle the doctor. I wanted to gripe at him for the first few episodes.

Also that one "evil/bad" kid. >.> The yaoi fangirls who were skyping could not stop talking about it and it led to some people who looked over someone's shoulder to look at the laptop screen (at the very back so we don't interfere with people watching, yay uni class rooms) to giggle incessantly.

I should probably give the series another chance but egads the main protag for awhile... "STOP. BEING. A DUNCE. YER A DOCTOR."
Well, it's your typical transition manga. It tries to detach from romantic values trying to be realistic. When I watched it years ago it was ok, but now that I've watched it again I can re-identify certain archetypes and literary devices. I don't want to say it's one of the best anime I've seen in years, but I can cope up with its slow pace and character development. Also, the panoramic devices employed in the anime are really charming. It has that romantic perk I've always been fond of.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Zhavi - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 11:32 AM)Edgar Wrote: Studio Ghibli has announced that they will no longer be making feature length animation.

......When they announced the restructuring I was expecting something bad. This figures.

One way to make Miyazaki retire for good, I guess. Sad

EDIT: WAIT!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11018226/Studio-Ghibli-Miyazaki-may-return.html

. . . I think it might be bad translation again. People thought the studio was shutting down when they announced the restructuring, so this might be one of those things. In the article I linked, it says "brief pause" on the movies.

Hope yet remains.

edit 2 - also this: http://kotaku.com/studio-ghibli-is-not-dead-yet-1615520289

RE: Anime/Manga General - Edgar - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 11:38 AM)Zhavi Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 11:32 AM)Edgar Wrote: Studio Ghibli has announced that they will no longer be making feature length animation.

......When they announced the restructuring I was expecting something bad.  This figures.

One way to make Miyazaki retire for good, I guess.  Sad

EDIT: WAIT!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11018226/Studio-Ghibli-Miyazaki-may-return.html

. . . I think it might be bad translation again.  People thought the studio was shutting down when they announced the restructuring, so this might be one of those things.  In the article I linked, it says "brief pause" on the movies.

Hope yet remains.

edit 2 - also this: http://kotaku.com/studio-ghibli-is-not-dead-yet-1615520289

Come on Miyazaki, don't quit! We need you, man!

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 08-08-2014

There's a new gundam anime soon. o.o

Also someone on ANN has an article that Miyazaki may make short films.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Xydane - 08-09-2014

WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! *Sobs*

Well, I didn't know we had an anime thread so I'ma list the anime that I have watched including my top 3 favorite.

Favorite Top 3:

1) Fullmetal Alchemist (Includes Original & Brotherhood).
2) .hack (Includes Sign & Roots)
3) Brave 10

Other anime I have watched:

1) Utawarerumono: The Beast Within
2) Dragon Ball Z (Includes all Seasons/Series)
3) Sword Art Online (Season 1)
4) Attack on Titan (Season 1)

Speaking of Brave 10, I have just discovered this anime last night while randomly browsing on Google for gawds knows what. I FOUND XYDANE IN AN ANIME. WTFOMFG.

[Image: brave10-episode-12-saizo.png]

Saizo totally looks like Noctis/Xydane and his personality matches Xy's perfectly. Haha, the coincidence is quite amusing.

[Image: Saizo-Brave10-Episode-6.jpg]

[Image: hadena_brave_10_-_01_1280x720_x264_aace3...-31-39.jpg]

[Image: post25.png]