Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime/Manga General - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anime/Manga General (/showthread.php?tid=4725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Anime/Manga General - TheLastCandle - 08-09-2014

Know who else looks like Noctis/Xydane?

[Image: 176-sasuke-uchiha-1680x1050-anime-wallpaper.jpg]

Fuck da police Anbu.

RE: Anime/Manga General - TheLastCandle - 08-09-2014

(08-08-2014, 01:57 PM)ExKage Wrote: There's a new gundam anime soon. o.o

Also someone on ANN has an article that Miyazaki may make short films.

Yeah, new Gundam will be called Reconguista in G. REALLY looking forward to a new Gundam. This "Build Fighters" crap has gone on long enough!

RE: Anime/Manga General - Xydane - 08-09-2014

(08-09-2014, 02:02 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: Know who else looks like Noctis/Xydane?

Fuck da police Anbu.

Oh gawds, Naruto. All my friends back home watch it but me... I-I can't. Too many episodes, seasons, and movies.

I can't do it. Undecided

RE: Anime/Manga General - Nyx Ashkala - 08-09-2014

I highly recommend Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt...Or Space Dandy. Definitely Space Dandy.

[Image: 131217285998.jpg]

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 08-09-2014

I enjoyed Panty & Stocky a lot

RE: Anime/Manga General - Xydane - 08-10-2014

I just finished Brave 10. Wished there was a Season 2. Oh man, this is why I hate watching anime. Those happy endings and those feelz. They hurt my chest. Frustrated

RE: Anime/Manga General - Hyakki - 08-10-2014

I just finished watching Psycho-Pass which I picked up because an FC member said it reminded them of Judge Dredd.

Save for the guns, there were no similarities and it was more like an anime adaptation of The Minority Report... they even referenced Phillip K Dick in the later episodes.

I loved it.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Zhavi - 08-12-2014

(08-10-2014, 04:58 PM)Xieveral Wrote: I just finished watching Psycho-Pass which I picked up because an FC member said it reminded them of Judge Dredd.

Save for the guns, there were no similarities and it was more like an anime adaptation of The Minority Report... they even referenced Phillip K Dick in the later episodes.

I loved it.

Second season and a movie later on this year!

/soexcite

RE: Anime/Manga General - Melkire - 08-12-2014

(08-09-2014, 02:02 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: Know who else looks like Noctis/Xydane?

Fuck da police Anbu.

This is an insult.

...Xydane actually has a brain, and uses it. Meanwhile EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES.

Man, I only just saw that this thread is alive and kicking again. It lacks some manga recommendations. I'll be back later today with some.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 08-12-2014

I don't remember if I've mentioned them before but...

Yakitate!Japan and the mangaka's medical manga is nice too.

HunterxHunter Kurapica's got a better take on the EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES EYES schpiel.

Give me any of Adachi Mitsuru's manga to read.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Zyrusticae - 08-12-2014

So okay, guess I'll talk about this.

If you haven't already, you really should watch Gundam Unicorn. EVERYONE should watch Gundam Unicorn. Doesn't matter if you're a mecha fan or not, this is the magnum opus of the entire Gundam franchise and is easily required viewing for anyone interested in Japanese animation in general. Incredibly detailed, high-budget animation, a gripping story, looaaads of fanservice (the GOOD kind), and more mecha-on-mecha battles than you can shake a joystick at. It's set in the Universal Century timeline as well, which means you can expect a level of believability in the combat and setting that you don't usually get in the genre.

Oh, and did I mention that the soundtrack is god-tier? Listen to this stuff, just try and tell me it does not capture your imagination:

Same guy that composed the soundtracks for Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Kill la Kill, and Guilty Crown, among others. Also now composing for Aldnoah.Zero. It's good stuff, and consistently good all the way through. Love it.

But, okay. That's just one series. What else do I recommend?

Hellsing Ultimate's already been mentioned. Violent and crazy as all hell, it's perfect turn-off-your-brain entertainment. Prisma Illya was a big surprise for me last year, and this is all you need to see to know why:

There's more I could talk about, but I haven't even read the entire thread yet and I need to get back to work. Chao! Cactuar

RE: Anime/Manga General - Kage - 01-20-2015

Giving this a necro bump after being sadly late to this news.

The singer for the Ghost in the Shell SAC anime passed away from lung cancer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-18/ghost-in-the-shell-singer-origa-passes-away/.83416

[youtube]YQIqgxeNtl0[/youtube]

RE: Anime/Manga General - Cliodhna Eoghan - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 12:45 AM)Kage Wrote: Giving this a necro bump after being sadly late to this news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-18/ghost-in-the-shell-singer-origa-passes-away/.83416

m-my feels.....her music was so pretty ;n;

RE: Anime/Manga General - Erik Mynhier - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 01:04 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 12:45 AM)Kage Wrote: Giving this a necro bump after being sadly late to this news.

m-my feels.....her music was so pretty ;n;

I'm really sad over this. GITS is one of my all time favorite anime/manga series. I fell in love with the movie and manga back in the 90s and never let go. Also my older daughter and I bonded over the SAC anime. My daughter when for years saying she wanted to grow into the Major and even thought (by kid logic) that somehow the show writers had seen the future and that the show itself was the story of her personal future. Going so far as to beg us to colour and style her hair to match the main character.
[Image: Mandi%2BHair.jpg]

In short this series is very important to us, especially the music. Origa's music made the show all the better and more so was alone excellent music. Her voice carried the spiritual and futuristic blend that carried the show, but also stood out. Something that you could throw on the stereo and let carry the mood of the house. Even now my little girl asks me to play "Major music" but asking her about it, its not because the music leads her to one of her favorite shows. If you ask her she will say, "Because its pretty and fun". No greater words could be said.

RE: Anime/Manga General - Cliodhna Eoghan - 01-20-2015

i'm still srurpised how well she sat for that when i colored her hair honestly. :T i would have kept up for it (she had that color/cut for almost a year) but had to stop because her school was against it >.> still first anime con we drag her to; i already know she wants to cosplay as ksunagi and where as i'm not encouraging her normal outfit (she's little .__. ) i have no problems with her going in this one.
[Image: motoko-kusanagi.jpg]