Hydaelyn Role-Players
Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) (/showthread.php?tid=475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Aveline - 08-27-2010

From their Twitter account:
The FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test begins on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT)! We hope to see everyone participate!

There is also a new trailer up at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_n-2xacjVw

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Veedo - 08-27-2010

Veeeery nice.

It makes me wonder now if the male hyur who appears in FMV style cutscenes will be some sort of Protagonist, rather than just an example of how a Hyur can look.

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Shamadconde - 08-27-2010

Gimme now! That trailer gave me goosebumps!

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Folken - 08-27-2010

Bothers me that SE won't let us be part of the Garlean Empire.

Would have way more fun on that side =/

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Veedo - 08-27-2010

Hey, it only took them 10 years to let us be ShinRa. I'm sure it won't be that long before other continents and alliances are available.

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - ArmachiA - 08-27-2010

I joygasmed at that trailer.

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Lukoya - 08-27-2010

How do we participate in the Open Beta then?

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - RcknShdw - 08-27-2010

Lukoya Wrote:How do we participate in the Open Beta then?

It's still invite only, or if you have a previous beta key SE will send you a new one before the open beta starts. It's not a mass demo either, it just means the NDA is no longer in effect (for such things as videos and whatnot that were still banned in phase 3).

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Lukoya - 08-27-2010

RcknShdw Wrote:
Lukoya Wrote:How do we participate in the Open Beta then?

It's still invite only, or if you have a previous beta key SE will send you a new one before the open beta starts. It's not a mass demo either, it just means the NDA is no longer in effect (for such things as videos and whatnot that were still banned in phase 3).

Well thats dissapointing, I was hoping to give it a try thinking they would have changed how you got in it. Maybe ill send another application in when it starts. Frustrated

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Sylian - 08-27-2010

Wish I could get in too.. can't wait to give it a try! Hoping I'll be invited..

Whats in a name - Valsegul - 08-27-2010

Quote:Transferring Character Names to the Official Release

Players will be able to transfer their character names from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test to the official release. As long as the Worlds selected in the open beta test and the official release are the same, the character name used in the open beta test will be usable in the official release.

If a different World is selected, the player will be unable to transfer the character name, and possibly unable to create a new character with that name.

Please note that only the character's name can be transferred. Other data such as physical levels and items cannot be transferred.

*Upon the transfer of player character name, both selection of the world and character name input need to be done properly. Please make sure to remember both the world you belonged to and the name of the character you used during the Open Beta Test.
*With the character name that has been determined to be improper by Square Enix, the transfer may not be done.
*After the open beta test has concluded, the character names still existing on the account will be transferrable.

Examples:
---------------------World in the Open Beta -----------TestCharacter Name-------------World in the Official Release
Transferrable:--------------AAA--------------------------------Ccc_Ddd----------------------------------AAA
Untransferrable:------------AAA--------------------------------Ccc_Ddd----------------------------------BBB
*Even if a character name is untransferrable, as long as another player is not using the name, Ccc_Ddd will be usable in World BBB.
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12179-new-ffxiv-trailer-open-beta-date-keep-your-b-name/

Server names may stay the same as they are now. If this happens to in fact be true, according to the server selection process posted we are headed for Jecht?

Re: Whats in a name - Kylin - 08-27-2010

Go to Jecht on open beta start (if they keep the villain names). But be prepared to reroll shortly after. Our vote begins probably on the 31st. The original 10 servers will likely be added to and I'd rather hold off the vote until then.

RPC Council people, start preparing to mobilize your members for the vote :cheer:

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Gavriel - 08-27-2010

Oof, I need to get in THIS time...

Open Beta - foxfirestorm - 08-27-2010

I am not sure if anyone saw the news or not over on August 31st. I am guessing some did, but I thought I go ahead and bring it up. Though I will be hiding the details within Spoiler boxes. I am not sure if this will break the "Rules" or not, so gonna play it semi safe.
But how can i not tell you guys about this (at least the ones who /don't/ know).

Show Content

Also, off the spoiler.
They gave us a ton of list of Text Commands now (yay!)
Apparently some which are still in testing, a few of theses commands are (cause i have to note them)
/check - It returns!

/friendlist (/flist) - Yes, we do get one!

/emote (/em_ <message> - WOOT! Yes, works the same way that all /ems do. Big Grin

/sit <subcommand>- This, one is awesome. This is what THEY say (oh, we Roleplayers have been heard <3)
Certain emotes have special sitting equivalents. Also sits your character in a chair if the chair is nearby.
>>Subcommands:
on Switch to a sitting position.
off Switch to standing position.
Toggle between sitting and standing when no subcommand is specified.

and ofcorse, all emotes are no / commands as well, like /poke, /admireself, all that fun stuff!

Ok, I'm done now, you may return to your normal broadcast. XD

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 - Renaise - 08-27-2010

Shamad Conde Wrote:Gimme now! That trailer gave me goosebumps!

Same, seriously for all the issues and stuff some people are having with some of the mechanics, SE has created a world I will be happy to spend time in, even if its standing on the side of a lake or a road next to a cliff staring into a ravine, I really can't wait.