Hydaelyn Role-Players
Badger's here! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Badger's here! (/showthread.php?tid=4802)

Badger's here! - Badger - 09-27-2013

Heya folks. I just joined and thought I’d post a littlesomething about myself. My name is Bert and I'm a graphic designer living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I’ve been a role-player since my first original D&D game in 1976, and even ran a game storefor a few years in the 80s.

I’ve also played MMOs since EQ in 2000. I'm a vet of DAOC, SWG, EQ & EQ2, WoW, DDO, PBS, CoH, Champions Online, DCUO, SWTOR and TSW. I've played some FFVII and FFXII, but never finished them. I’ve also been a comics fan since the Stan and Jack days of Marvel. 

Just for the heck of it, here’s a list of the pen & paper RPGs I’ve played over the years…

Star Wars(West End ant the first d20 one)
Savage Worlds (many different genres, and my favorite)

Ghostbusters
Paranoia
Space Opera
Aftermath
Wild West
Boot Hill
Gangbusters
Gamma World
Top Secret
007 RPG
Villains & Vigilantes
Traveller
Space Opera
Golden Heroes
Warhammer
Champions
Danger International
Justice, Inc.
DC Heroes (one of my favorite)
Marvel Superheroes
Indiana Jones RPG
Man, Myth & Magic
Rolemaster
MERP
Call of Cthulhu
Stormbringer
Heroes Unlimited
Chaosium's Superhero game (forgot the name)
GURPS Autoduel
- Supers
- Horror
- Fantasy
- Pulp
- Swashbucklers
Space Ace
Chill
Time Masters
Star Trek RPG
Dr. Who RPG
7th Seas
Feng Shui (another one of my favorite)
Dread
True 20
d20 Modern
D&D (1st, 2nd, 3rd & 3.5...ignoring 4th)
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Sailor Moon RPG (ran it for my daughter, honest!)
Iron Heroes
Mutants & Masterminds
Sidewinder: Recoiled
Deadlands
Octane

Alma Mater

...I'm sure a few slipped through the cracks.

I’m thinkI’ve found a decent group of RP'er here, and hope to get some good gaming done.

My main(Badger) is currently on Lamia, but I'm hoping to move him toGilgamesh when the transfers become available. 

RE: Badger's here! - elisan - 10-01-2013

Welcome to the game! That's a mighty fine list you have there - I'm quite familiar with a large number of them, which may date me a bit...or I just have a thing for albatrosses. 

Jump in, have some fun! You know you want to!

RE: Badger's here! - Olofantur - 10-01-2013

(09-27-2013, 04:58 PM)Badger Wrote: Aftermath
Space Opera
MERP
Call of Cthulhu
GURPS Autoduel
- Supers
- Horror
- Fantasy
- Pulp
- Swashbucklers
d20 Modern
D&D (1st, 2nd, 3rd & 3.5...ignoring 4th)

Space Opera AND Call of Cthulhu?! (Also have you tried Pathfinder? I was kind of hesitant of moving from 3.5, but i'm starting to like it...)

I know you're going to a different servers but can we be best friends? We can start as "Beard buddies" (its like best buddies but with facial hair and high fives.) and work our way up, I can be flexible.

On a slightly less serious note, welcome to the RPC, please feel free to peruse the Wiki and ask all manner of vague, and answerable only with opinion questions you have.
For example!
I think Lemon Meringue is the best pie.

Now make a SAN roll and get in here!

RE: Badger's here! - Badger - 10-01-2013

<rattle, rattle> 98! Damn...

Can't believe I left Pathfinder off the list. Then again, the GM who ran that wasn't very good so perhaps I blocked it out. 

Hopefully the transfer will happen soon  and I'm a Key Lime guy Smile

RE: Badger's here! - K'dath - 10-01-2013

(09-27-2013, 04:58 PM)Badger Wrote: Call of Cthulhu

I like you already. Sure you don't want to come hang out on Balmung and weave dreadfully psychologically damaging horror stories with us? We can sip brandy and watch The Dream Quest for Unknown Kadath while drawing horrible monsters!