Hydaelyn Role-Players
Squeenix Customer Support? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Squeenix Customer Support? (/showthread.php?tid=4898)

Pages: 1 2

Squeenix Customer Support? - Sev - 10-03-2013

Well eh.. Has anyone had experience in dealing with them before? I'm having some strange issue where my one-time password is somehow invalid (Suspect my account was compromised and the device changed). Having tried to figure it out for a few days and failing, I sent off an email to support, and after 2 days I got a reply that was clearly an automated response and did not address my problem at all. So, at the bottom there is a line detailing that this email can be replied to for further assistance, and I did... Only 4 days later, I have yet to receive a reply, despite their 48 hour reply promise. 

This has gone on for over a week now, happily munching into my remaining subscription days and honestly getting a bit miffed. I understand there must be a lot of tickets out there being so close to launch and the bot epidemic... But getting an automated reply and pretty much ignored leaves a bad taste - it's almost as bad as Blizzard support.

I've never dealt with Squeenix support before, so, is stuff like this normal or am I just unlucky?

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - LiadansWhisper - 10-03-2013

Check your spam filter, because it might be there.  Barring that, you need to call them.

Their support number is (310) 846 - 0345

It's not toll-free, so be warned.

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Sev - 10-03-2013

Aye, have been keeping an eye on the spam box, but there is nothing there. If I don't get a reply in the next 2 days I probably will call them, but I'm highly apprehensive of doing so due to international call rates, suspicion I'll be put on hold for 40 minutes racking up a huge bill, and the awkward timezones.

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Nimarhie - 10-03-2013

Good luck with that... I filed a ticket three weeks ago and have only got their notice that it was recieved. Mine could have been resolved in a couple minutes with either a yes or now answer... but nope...

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Sev - 10-04-2013

(10-03-2013, 10:47 PM)Nimarhie Wrote: Good luck with that... I filed a ticket three weeks ago and have only got their notice that it was recieved. Mine could have been resolved in a couple minutes with either a yes or now answer... but nope...

Wellp. This is going to be a long wait. *Puts feet up and twiddles thumbs*

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Corelyn - 10-04-2013

They can't fix token stuff over email. I've been locked out of the game for the last few days (though this is my fault as I'd not saved the reset password and wound up needing to replace my phone).

I got an email back just now telling me that it's a matter that cannot be handled via email, rather by chat or phone. It went on to suggest that I have my ticket number, regardless, to attempt to expedite the process (though I don't see what good that'll do with those methods).

Good luck. Unfortunately, due to work, I really can't do a thing because their hours of operation are nearly exactly what I'll be asleep Friday during the day so I can work overnight. X-D;;

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Aeslyn Grey - 10-04-2013

Sorry you are having this problem. Regarding the cost of calling - I use Google Voice to make international calls from my cell phone and it costs 2 cents per min to call the UK from the US. I have also used it to make calls to Korea last year and I think that was the same rate.

Once you have signed up for the voice service and downloaded the app to your phone you load some dollars onto the account which will sit there as credit if you don't use it all up. It's a hassle you shouldn't have to go though, but once it is set up you will have easy access to cheap international calls, and will know exactly how much it is costing you.

Hope it gets sorted out soon, good luck.

(10-04-2013, 04:53 AM)Corelyn Wrote: They can't fix token stuff over email. I've been locked out of the game for the last few days (though this is my fault as I'd not saved the reset password and wound up needing to replace my phone).

I got an email back just now telling me that it's a matter that cannot be handled via email, rather by chat or phone. It went on to suggest that I have my ticket number, regardless, to attempt to expedite the process (though I don't see what good that'll do with those methods).

Good luck. Unfortunately, due to work, I really can't do a thing because their hours of operation are nearly exactly what I'll be asleep Friday during the day so I can work overnight. X-D;;

Thanks for the heads-up, boy what a mess this is turning in to @_@

Well, I just spent 50 minutes on hold to the CA support center, only to be told my account is a European one which they don't handle... Then proceeded to call the European center and be told by an automated system that they are not taking any calls today and will respond by email or chat. Frustrated

Seriously.. Worst customer support experience I've -EVER- had with anything. Normally I wouldn't be so annoyed but being forced to make international calls and wait around on hold for quite a while is pretty bothersome / expensive.

It would probably have been easier and cheaper just to buy a new copy of the game and start anew by now.

...Sorry, just had to vent a wee bit there.

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Haven's Fox - 10-04-2013

Oh it totally sucks. Don't expect anything in at timely manner as it stands right now. Especially with account compromised things as they have a different team that works just on this bit aside from the normal CS staff.

Sorry nothing really positive to add with my experiences thus far. Just hang in there.

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Nimarhie - 10-04-2013

I still think pwe/cryptic CS is worse, but as it stands, only just barely.

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - LiadansWhisper - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 02:41 PM)Nimarhie Wrote: I still think pwe/cryptic CS is worse, but as it stands, only just barely.

EA/Bioware is the worst I've ever experienced, but SE's forum mods are nazis.  >.>

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Nimarhie - 10-04-2013

During the "were trying to launch" week, when everyone was trolling the tech support forum like crazy, I was trolling the trolls sometimes, and didnt get banned by the forum nazis... maybe my troll-fu wasnt strong enough to trigger the ban hammer. lol

EA/Bioware I didnt have any trouble with... of course I only emailed them once to get the key thingy removed from my account. That got taken care of pretty quickly.

(10-04-2013, 05:39 PM)Nimarhie Wrote: During the "were trying to launch" week, when everyone was trolling the tech support forum like crazy, I was trolling the trolls sometimes, and didnt get banned by the forum nazis... maybe my troll-fu wasnt strong enough to trigger the ban hammer. lol

EA/Bioware I didnt have any trouble with... of course I only emailed them once to get the key thingy removed from my account. That got taken care of pretty quickly.

Counter-trolling is best trolling.

RE: Squeenix Customer Support? - Val - 10-04-2013

I can't really speak on SE's support, but I haven't heard too many good things.

I can say, however, that NOTHING is as bad as Razer. Their support is horrendous and, honestly, I'd tell pretty much anyone to avoid buying products from them.

The first issue I had with one, the agent stopped responding to me in the middle of our conversation (e-mails). I sent several more and nothing. Called and was told that the information I gave was wrong (read the case number directly from the e-mail) and.. well. It was a horrid experience. Took me six months to get a replacement.