Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 03-08-2015

Another Grindstone in the books! We had a hell of a crowd show up again tonight, 24 fights and maybe another dozen or two spectators, fans, friends and on-lookers! Hopefully everyone who came to watch walked away entertained.

This was probably the most tense Grindstone I've seen, and not for the reasons you'd think! Multiple outside storylines threatened to spill over onto the dust and there were at least three factions eeking out a fragile peace. Thankfully, zero body parts got lopped off this week!

Rolls-wise, this one was a bit crazy. We saw our first-ever /random for 0, which happened in a thirty-minute-tied-at-two ironman match between Reiner Dorn and Kyuu'sae Yuusatsu. The two exchanged horrible rolls and constant defenses until finally, Reiner went down in a heap. There were also multiple times where someone would roll a terrible two-digit number, only for their opponent to then roll a worse one! I say it every week, folks: Every night is anyone's night!

Our finals this week saw a determined Iskander Ionius make it to the end to face a back-to-the-finals Sounsy "I wrote the history books" Mirke. After another tense struggle, the loremonger was able to overcome her own history and take home the championship title!

Sadly, tonight marks the end of an era. We're remiss to confirm that Cyneler Fenrir has publicly retired from the Grindstone. He may be gone, but he will certainly not be forgotten.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 03-08-2015

[Image: joker.gif]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cynel1 - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 02:29 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Another Grindstone in the books! We had a hell of a crowd show up again tonight, 24 fights and maybe another dozen or two spectators, fans, friends and on-lookers! Hopefully everyone who came to watch walked away entertained.

This was probably the most tense Grindstone I've seen, and not for the reasons you'd think! Multiple outside storylines threatened to spill over onto the dust and there were at least three factions eeking out a fragile peace. Thankfully, zero body parts got lopped off this week!

Rolls-wise, this one was a bit crazy. We saw our first-ever /random for 0, which happened in a thirty-minute-tied-at-two ironman match between Reiner Dorn and Kyuu'sae Yuusatsu. The two exchanged horrible rolls and constant defenses until finally, Reiner went down in a heap. There were also multiple times where someone would roll a terrible two-digit number, only for their opponent to then roll a worse one! I say it every week, folks: Every night is anyone's night!

Our finals this week saw a determined Iskander Ionius make it to the end to face a back-to-the-finals Sounsy "I wrote the history books" Mirke. After another tense struggle, the loremonger was able to overcome her own history and take home the championship title!

Sadly, tonight marks the end of an era. We're remiss to confirm that Cyneler Fenrir has publicly retired from the Grindstone. He may be gone, but he will certainly not be forgotten.

its for the Best I observe from now on. (i couldn't get used to this Type of battle.)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 02:29 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Our finals this week saw a determined Iskander Ionius make it to the end to face a back-to-the-finals Sounsy "I wrote the history books" Mirke. After another tense struggle, the loremonger was able to overcome her own history and take home the championship title!

LOL greatness. Sounsyy will be back next week to break the winner's curse! Come see history in the making!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kishi - 03-08-2015

Grats to Sounsyy for winning! Though sorry at the same time. I don't have any pictures from your winning week Sad, they decided not to save last night.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 03-08-2015

Yeah, there were some great matches last night.  Might actually have gotten some character growth with John....or at least his head on straight about why these Matches were taking place.  If Kyuu is there next week, John might be bringing some papers that his parents have been holding on too, perhaps holding infor on his 'birth' family.

After the match, John hung around to give congrats to Sounsyy, and then follow the group back to the Quicksand where he then perform the trick 'Insert foot into mouth' with Cliodhna by being too familiar and shortening her name.  Poor Kit (usually it loosely since he's 21) lit up like a red christmas tree light.  If I hadn't realize that it was so late at night/early in the morning (3:30 am because of time change) I might have stay on long to get him really good and embarrassed.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 02:20 PM)Star Lin Wrote: After the match, John hung around to give congrats to Sounsyy, and then follow the group back to the Quicksand where he then perform the trick 'Insert foot into mouth' with Cliodhna by being too familiar and shortening her name.  Poor Kit (usually it loosely since he's 21) lit up like a red christmas tree light.  If I hadn't realize that it was so late at night/early in the morning (3:30 am because of time change) I might have stay on long to get him really good and embarrassed.

she just has a slight discomfort with people not familiar using it is all.

still overall we had a nice party to celebrate sounsyy winning and surprisingly no one got wasted to the point of needing to be carried home xD

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 02:43 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: still overall we had a nice party to celebrate sounsyy winning and surprisingly no one got wasted to the point of needing to be carried home xD

5am came too soon. Like an hour too soon.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 02:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 02:43 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: still overall we had a nice party to celebrate sounsyy winning and surprisingly no one got wasted to the point of needing to be carried home xD

5am came too soon. Like an hour too soon.

for reals ._____.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 03-15-2015

Well thanks to my dumbass internet and the fuggin maintenence I can't even log back in for the final match.

Wonderful timing internet. Just wonderful.

Grats on your win by default Sounsy .

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Berrod Armstrong - 03-15-2015

My internet gave out on me right as it was about to start. It's back now but I can't log in anyway. Ah well -- I hope you guys are having a blast!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 01:10 AM)Frostheart Wrote: Grats on your win by default Sounsy .

You were missed! ; ; I won't spoil anything... but there was no win by default. ;P

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 01:43 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: My internet gave out on me right as it was about to start. It's back now but I can't log in anyway. Ah well -- I hope you guys are having a blast!

i put stickers on your afk face to cheer your scowl up some :3 and gs was soo much fun tonight. Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 03-15-2015

It's Sunday morning! Time to recap the Grindstone!

I've been thinking of editing the main calendar post. While the actual event doesn't get started until 10PM EST, last night there was roleplay out at the rock around 7:30 or so. It's ridiculous! You are all ridiculous.

23 of Balmung's finest lined up last night to see who would ultimately take home the top prize for the week. At first it was a strong showing by Aaron Frostheart, who completely gutted his side of the bracket in what might have been record time. On the other side of the gathering, Sounsy Mirke was proving last week wasn't a fluke as she dispatched previous Grindstone winner (and someone who'd defeat her in the finals some weeks ago!) and newcomers alike, going to far as to skewer Val "Mister Four Million Gil" Nunh to make her way to the finals.

But then, disaster! The ongoing maintenance left us alone for the most part, but a combination of that and pigeon internet left us without a contender at the very last moment as Aaron got Sneak Attacked by the red dot monster. With a former champion bristling at the idea of breaking the Winner's Curse and a crowd of folks wanting to see one more match, a deal was struck. Sounsy's title would have to be earned by going through the Arbiter himself!

...but anyone who has ever seen Warren fight at the Grindstone should have known how that would go. In a duel to disarm your opponent, it was Mirke's shield versus Warren's sword, and after a very tense series of exchanges the highlander was forced to release his weapon. Another week, another Mirke win! She was on fire last night, having rolled 600+ for seemingly every encounter.

Now it's time for a picture dump!

Show Content

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - ProvaDiServo - 03-15-2015

Zonked out on the rocks pls forgive >.<