Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-05-2015

And it's over! Leanne Delphium takes home her third Grindstone title!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Edda - 04-05-2015

Yeesh Leanne, take it easy.

This now makes three bears I have to wrestle into submission before I can properly ask for her hand...

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 04-05-2015

Ah, wish I took some screenshots but just to give a low down.  Had a void touch show up after Howl and Warren left.  He was eye Leanne and his presence has gotten John on edge.  Yeah, I think John might have gotten involved with the fight if he didn't feel like he might have been in the way of the other fighters (also Sis came home early from her shift with county and went to bed early to attend Church with her best friend).  So don't be surprise if you get a PM from him, Warren about what happen.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-05-2015

He's a known entity. I'm fairly certain he knows not to start anything during the actual event. Whatever happens after the Grindstone's over isn't my business or prerogative!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 04-05-2015

Kei and Matthrian handled it while Sounssy whispered Kei about how she wants to take on several fighters at once after watching the fight.

Bri of course got a punch on the guy but she can't see him so it was complete luck. However, there was a certain individual lurking about that may have been the puppet master. *COUGH*

Also, Bri got to break someone's ankle at the Grindstone. So all in all it was another good day!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 12:38 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: He's a known entity. I'm fairly certain he knows not to start anything during the actual event. Whatever happens after the Grindstone's over isn't my business or prerogative!
Oh, I know that.  This is just going to be Character building for John.  He may be a healer but he also want to protect those that he cares about.  This could be use to get him into one of the other martial classes.  Not sure which one, character wise, he would fit into, through I do have Rogue open on him.

Also, John remember him from one of the first times he heal at the Grindstone but hadn't realize at the time what he was sensing from the entity.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aris - 04-05-2015

Would you consider one week hosting the Grindstone earlier so EU players could come along? Not a regular thing, just a EU-friendly special. Wink

Hm. It's what, 4am for our EU folks? I'm not sure how much earlier it would been to be to accommodate them.

I will admit, personally, that it would feel strange to change the timeslot, but if people are agreeable to it and there's a large enough call for it, I don't see why it's not a possibility.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aris - 04-05-2015

Yeah, sadly. Just a one off, definitely not a regular thing, I know most wouldn't be happy if that happened. Tongue I'll spread the word and see how much interest there is - I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to come along. Thank you for considering, it isn't a small ask.

No problem. I don't see a reason why we couldn't do one at like, 1PM EST or something? That'd be slightly early for my PST folks but it'd be evening across the EU.

Definitely worth considering if there's demand.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nirri - 04-05-2015

As a EU player I wouldn't be against having a EU-friendly grindstone here and there.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Martiallais - 04-06-2015

Adding this to my FC's event calendar. Hopefully we can get back into showing up for these!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 04-06-2015

(04-05-2015, 03:34 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: No problem. I don't see a reason why we couldn't do one at like, 1PM EST or something? That'd be slightly early for my PST folks but it'd be evening across the EU.

Does this mean there will be two or the entire thing moving to 1? If there is two I will be glad to help oversee the EU one since I want bri to fight in the evening one.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 12:45 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 03:34 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: No problem. I don't see a reason why we couldn't do one at like, 1PM EST or something? That'd be slightly early for my PST folks but it'd be evening across the EU.

Does this mean there will be two or the entire thing moving to 1? If there is two I will be glad to help oversee the EU one since I want bri to fight in the evening one.

...I don't know! I'm open to suggestion, I might float it at the next even to get a feel for who people attending feel. I wouldn't mind running one big one early on. Two Grindstones in a weekend would be a lot of stuff to track.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 12:47 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 12:45 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:

...I don't know! I'm open to suggestion, I might float it at the next even to get a feel for who people attending feel. I wouldn't mind running one big one early on. Two Grindstones in a weekend would be a lot of stuff to track.
Definitely alot but I am more then willing to help out. Just let me know.