Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 03-13-2016

(03-07-2016, 12:47 AM)StoleTarts Wrote:
(03-06-2016, 10:58 AM)Aaron Wrote: That guys glowing shirt just took all the spotlight from Elf.

That Miq knew damn well what he was doing when he got in that picture.

My total bad.
Hmm? Oh nah I was trying to be funny lol.

(Just saw this srry)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 03-13-2016

I apologize for not posting the update last night slash this morning, but the Grindstone ran until after 3AM and I was just completely bushed. Yeah so what it was because of DST?

Grindstone #128! 48 fighters! 47 losers! 1 winner!

Flameson Kidd Hammersmith?!

[Image: 0xmz5RG.jpg]

The big grouch's apprentice did something he never could do, and that was secure a victory over all comers at the Grindstone. On her debuting night, no less! See? It's not just a doofy catch-phrase: Every night really IS anyone's night at the Grindstone!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Steel Wolf - 03-13-2016

Congrats to the winner! Big Grin

Maybe someday Steel will make an appearance in an effort to help further craft a Roelady Fighting League. <3

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 03-20-2016

Tonight! Grindstone #129! Finished before 1AM! 52 fighters! 3 healers?!

Tonight was another fantastic night at the Grindstone. It's also another notch in the Harbingers of Dawn record book as Neheon Wolfsbane takes home the crown!

[Image: xC0KdTn.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Togy - 03-21-2016

Looks like the wash finally has a winner.. bout time!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 03-27-2016

Easter Saturday?! 42 fighters for Grindstone 130, and it was a hell of a night. Once more the finals came down to two women striving for their bestest, and tonight out winner was the one and only Cherry Hylhota!

[Image: Rd4a2gi.jpg]

Edit:

Cool fight scene!

[Image: GZSCMMK.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Roe Dad - 03-27-2016

WOOOO good job Cherry!
*waves giant foam finger around*

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-03-2016

Grindstone number 131!

57 fighters assembled in Central Thanalan tonight for glory and riches! Also, my power went out around 11ish and kept me offline for a bulk of the tournament. However, the crack team of amazing talented attractive overseers and healers didn't let a beat get skipped, and the tournament continued! As an aside, this makes me super proud that the machine can move regardless of which cogs fall out from time to time.

ANYWAY NO ONE WANTS TO SEE ME TALK ABOUT FEELINGS, SO HERE IS YOUR WINNER: CHECHELUN KAHKOL'NAR!

[Image: KcAJ53A.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-10-2016

So as the winter ends and green returns to the world, so doth fighters seek the sun and sand to pummel each other for coin and glory. Tonight we saw 63 62 fighters (including at least one celebrity chef) make their way out to Fesca's Wash.

Despite the mix of fresh and returning faces and the Grindstone's tendency to have newcomers sweep the competition, the final came down to two regulars duking it out. Only one person can win, though... And that person was Turik Flarewyng!

[Image: CrmF57x.jpg]

I'd like to especially (once again!) thank all of the people who make this thing what it is week in, week out, from the fighters to the crowd to double-especially the healers and overseers who handle all of the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Finally, next week there will be a special BONUS PRIZE for the winning participant! Aaron Frostheart has graciously and kindly offered to award the winner with a Fenrir Pup; his pupper's got a sister that Aaron can't keep, so he's looking for a righteous champion to take the girl home.

If no one wins we're just tossing it in the Wash. PREVENT ANIMAL ABUSE, CHOOSE GRINDSTONE.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 04-10-2016

If no one wins I'll have to sell it to Lolorito.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Steel Wolf - 04-10-2016

I had an absolute blast and really REALLY hope to get to compete again. Thanks to all of those who fought with me, and congrats to Turik on the win!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 01:36 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: If no one wins we're just tossing it in the Wash. PREVENT ANIMAL ABUSE, CHOOSE GRINDSTONE.

You can freely throw it at the Wash Overseer. Thumbsup

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-15-2016

I tend to only bump this after the event itself, but I wanted to remind everybody that if you don't fight this weekend we will kill a defenseless fenrir puppy by drowning it. Or the winner can take it home I guess.

Compliments of Aaron Frostheart!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Virella - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 01:59 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I tend to only bump this after the event itself, but I wanted to remind everybody that if you don't fight this weekend we will kill a defenseless fenrir puppy by drowning it.

Compliments of Aaron Frostheart!
Shit now I got to show up this weekend

Curse you EU timezones and resetting my sleeping pattern to normal people times ;_;

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 04-15-2016

I probably won't be able to make it to GS, so I gave it to Jancis to give to you in my absence Warren. 

Enjoy everyone lol