Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rusty Gil Co. (Inactive) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Rusty Gil Co. (Inactive) (/showthread.php?tid=4945)

Rusty Gil Co. (Inactive) - Az'to Jinjahl - 10-07-2013

[Image: wlCYqDj.png]

Quote:An article excerpt from Tonberry Lantern, a Eorzean newspaper.

The Rusty Gil Company, a private trading group based in Ul'dah has been the subject of recent rumours pertaining to business practises some may consider unstable to the local economy. Supposedly backed by the fearfully spoken of Syndicate, in the space of a past few printings of your beloved newspaper, they have wrought a near monopoly on general goods and the alchemical markets specifically. We caught up with the face of the company, Mr Jinjahl at their Sapphire Avenue headquarters for an interview.

Upon entering Gil Co HQ we were swamped by the heady scent of galago mint & lavender, a popular incense being sold on the marketplace, (and one of the Gil Co's more profitable incomes this reporter was told). Passing through a security check, no less than three double sets of doors, two flight of stairs, another security check and the receptionist to whom we had to present our summons letter, I couldn't help but feel this was either a performance intended to impress or paranoia has become commonplace in this house of business. Regardless, we finally met our quarry: Az'to Jinjahl, entrepreneur and philanthropist (his words).

He greeted us with a vigorous hand shake

"Welcome! I am so very glad you could make it today. I have been looking forward to this piece of printed publicity for some time. Can I offer you anything? A drink? A massage?"

Chuckling, he'd gesture to a rather unfitting addition to the room, one we had yet to notice. For skulking back in the shadow of the office stood a bronze skinned sun seeker woman. Her facial markings described her as a hunter, no doubt of the employ to Mr Jinjahl as some sort of bodyguard or contractual muscle. She didn't seem to obliged to the offer. We moved to sit, him sat at higher ground to the desk than I. Pressing him, I asked for the history of the company.

"History is what we'll be making here at The Rusty Gil Company, in the short space of time that we have been open for business, Sapphire Avenue has truly earned it's name sake. The stalls are now a veritable goldmine with our rigorous and selective business acquisitions we've reformed a significant quantity of day to day trade under our name."

I told him that some might see this extreme rate of growth as unnatural. And that the Syndicate may have had a hand to play. As I did so, his expression grew somewhat sour.

"Such rumours are unfounded and I would advise those spewing such baseless accusations to silence themselves. I take no pride of place to state I am with this 'Syndicate', if the group even exists. But if it did, I would find myself pleased to be among its members rather than ostracised for it."

Apologising first, I then enquired as to the naming of the company, why when profits were in good taking, refer to themselves as 'Rusty'.

"I'm afraid that I don't have the time right now to go into the full story, but suffice it for me to say that among the markets here in Ul'dah, a piece of rusty gil given in payment is seen as bad luck, or an ill omen of sorts. Playing on this piece of superstition as a small amusement to myself, I named the company after it. Seemingly the nonsense has had good luck for myself if anything. Funny, that. Now do excuse me, my associate has been waiting for some time now. I hope the article reflects positively."

He spoke those last few words with a gleam in his eye and dismissed us with a wave of his hand. Deciding to do some quick research upon exiting the building, I asked a few of the merchants in Sapphire Avenue as to the meaning of the Rusty Gil omen. As I did so, a mammet marched up and handed me one.

I can't help but feel those who saw went silent.

- Emoni Rouse, Reporter for Tonberry's Lantern

About Us:

[Image: wlCYqDj.png]

The Rusty Gil Company (Rusty Gil Co.) is a FFXIV ARR RP FC on the Gilgamesh server. It would be best to describe the FC as medium-core as the members are not expected to primarily put RP before other aspects of the game. That said, events will be held regularly after the formation and public posting of the company on the HRC website. These events will range in scope from server wide to smaller advertised D&D style narrated adventurers for those both in the company and out.

As an aside, the leader of the company is an avid PVE player and those joining may put to him interest in joining an EU raid team should they desire.

We are currently seeking more members for the company. If you character is a merchant, trader, mercenary or someone you think can work with the business, please contact Az'to Jinjahl in game or send him a message on the forum. Thank you

OOC PVE members considered on an individual basis.