Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) (/showthread.php?tid=4983)

Pages: 1 2

A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - Keru / E'ir - 10-09-2013

((Okay this takes place in central shroud around Bentbrach. This is open to anyone and everyone.))

It had been longer than Keru cared to admit, but it was long overdue, after walking outside the city for a bit he noticed that he didn't have a plan in mind but he figured that it would be great to spend a bit of time on his own, he then continued walking.

After what seemed like a while he noticed that he had gotten himself lost, how long did it take? A bell? no seemed shorter. Smiling to himself he stretched a bit and took a look around the scenery was beautiful if he missed anything about the shroud it was the way the trees looked when the sun hit them. Though he was a bit tired that he kept getting himself lost lately he shrugged and decided to walk closer to a nearby stream. He crouched near it and he placed his hand in the water he found more nostalgia in the shroud as of late. Keru enjoyed what free time he had, though he is trying to branch out of his comfort zone but to not much avail.

"Well, I should try to go back but I might get lost again." laughing dryly he just sat by the stream and decided to take a bit to enjoy some time by the water.

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - K'nahli - 10-09-2013

[Image: d8b.png]

The trickling stream glistened magnificently as the sun's rays gently caressed its surface and illuminated the shallow riverbed, revealing numerous, small fish that slowly followed the gentle current as they basked in the penetrating warmth of the day. A gentle, rolling breeze created a sweet and soothing melody as it brushed against the leaves of the forest, added to, only occasionally, by the soft groaning of the tremendous branches from the interlocking canopies overhead.

Andre cupped his hands once more as he reached down into the stream from a hunkered position, collecting a small, swirling pool of fresh, river water. He slowly brought his hands up to his face to take a refreshing sip before repeating the process once again only to this time, use the water to moisten and cool his face. He gently massaged his features before slowly lacing both hands together nimbly with his fingers and dragging his still-wet hands through his bleach, blonde hair.

"..phew.." he sighed in contentment to himself as he gazed across the body of water, enjoying the beautiful scenery around him. It was another simple walk for him around the Shroud, but he would not soon grow tired of the fantastic sights it had to offer.

Turning his glance to the left, he noticed a miqo'te male, seemingly also indulging himself in the beauty of the forest, crouched by the stream a little further up from him. Were he to look Andre's way, he would offer a casual wave as greeting along with a modest nod before returning to his own solitude in the moment.

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - TheBlob - 10-10-2013

Her eyes squinted at the shattered beams of sun that managed to squeeze through the dense canopy above her as she looked around the treetops, trying to grab her bearings again as she stood, dusting off her rear end.  The large bird almost seemed to laugh as it trilled happily, nudging against Rhysa's shoulder.

"Enjoy that, did you? You do realize your kind is edible, hm?"

She pushed the bird away, moving her fingers through her hair in search of and leafy debris. Her tail flipped in irritation as she turned to harness her satchel back onto the chocobo's saddle.

She looked around once more, turning toward the creek, the water's babbling in ear shot. She took hold of the bird's reins, leading the bird aggressively away from the tussled ground, her free hand rubbing over the back of her hip tenderly, "You marmot-brained bird.."

The mount squawked loudly in response and Rhysa sighed, her ears pinning down at the noise and she grabbed for his beak, shushing him angrily.

"Nothing. I want to hear nothing from you."

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - K'nahli - 10-15-2013

Andre casually glanced backwards, taking a turn looking over each shoulder, to inspect the source of what he could only assume was a chocobo and possibly it's rider. A large tree and some low-lying shrubbery, however, obscured his view, preventing him from spotting the woman and her frisky mount. He smiled gently, finding humour in the way the female chose to scold her steed before he slowly reached down towards the trickling water with his cupped hands to take one final, relaxing sip of water.

OOC Note:
Show Content

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - TheBlob - 10-17-2013

Rhysa's hand thumped the bird's beak as it motioned to peak at her shoulder.

"I will eat you..." Her lips curled back into a malicious grin, that broke into an amused chuckle as the bird's head canted to a conceding "Kweh.."

Her head shook as she pushed the brush away, breaking into the clearing with a hesitated step as she saw the hyur knelt at the water. The smile on her lips fading. The bird tugged at her hold on the reins, pulling away and trotting through the flora loudly as he made his way over to the water, showing little regard to the male next to him as his head dipped toward water greedily.

"Sizhan!" Her scold was a quiet hiss as she tamped her foot to the ground, eyeing the back of the hyur's head, her distance kept at the treeline as she fully cleared the brush.

Show Content

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - little-patchy - 10-18-2013

"We need to get a chocobo..." murmured Ame Azalea as she stared at the bird. "If only we weren't so poor."

"Not my fault, though," said her brother Kumo'ya. His brown hair was tussled from crawling through the bushes, and branches and leaves stuck to his scalp. "Are we still hiding from them?"

"Are we hiding? I thought we were just 'observing.'" Ame kept her eyes on the chocobo and the hyur beside it even while rearranging the branches in Kumo'ya's hair to make an organic crown.

Kumo'ya let out a light chuckle -- the characteristic suppressed burst of humor that Ame heard so often; as if an idea formed in his head that, on its way to exit his face, was quickly gated and filtered by years and years of practice. "Are you interested in the chocobo, or that hyur?" he asked.

Ame rolled her eyes and gave him a shove. "You assume too much," she replied. "Mister 'I-somehow-accidentally-ended-up-in-a-brothel-because-I-thought-it-was-a-restaurant.'"

"But I didn't know that it was-- But nothing happened--," Kumo'ya stuttered.

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - Keru / E'ir - 10-18-2013

Keru had been lost in thought staring at the scenery when he finally noticed the hyur in the water, he wondered if the man had been paying attention to him but he offered a small wave and a smile, when he noticed a chocobo going towards the man he got a bit confused but stood and had to decide what to do. 

Thinking briefly he decided to go introduce himself to the hyur and the chocobo, "Is it his?" he mumbled while walking over, realizing he was still in sandals as he walked into the stream it felt a bit cold, he heard a woman calling a name, That must be the owner... he thought to himself as he walked over to him. Keru felt a bit small next to the chocobo but he gave it a smile and a small pat on the head. As he looked at the hyur he began, "Hello there...I'm Keru, is the water good?" 

Keru looked around and wondered how the stream got so...full of life.

Show Content

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - K'nahli - 10-18-2013

Andre stumbled slightly from his hunkered position as he made ready to move out of the chocobos way should it choose it wanted to steal the hyur's spot from under him. Andre let slip a surprised, half-laugh as the large animal suddenly appeared out of nowhere and began helping itself to numerous large gulps of water. He smiled gently as he slowly reached up towards it's feathered wing, chancing his luck by offering the animal a couple of gentle strokes with the backs of his fingers while greeting it in a soft voice. 
Should the beast not respond well, he would quickly withdraw his hand and back out of the way if necessary. Albeit he felt confident enough in the animal's presence, regardless of its temperament.

The aggravated voice of the mount's owner called out from behind soon after, followed by the brushing of foliage and faint snapping of twigs as she cleared through the shrubbery and made her way into view at last.

"An energetic one I see" he jested in a friendly tone, offering the woman a smile and subtle wave with his hand as greeting.

His introduction-of-sorts was cut off there, however, as a masculine voice called out to him from the left. Andre returned his glance up-shore to witness the male miqo'te he had noticed earlier now approaching them with a greeting.

"Superb" Andre answered almost enthusiastically, briefly recalling the refreshing taste of the stream's natural minerals as he rubbed his hands together loosely.

"Not something I was quite accustomed to back in Ul'dah" he added as his eyes drifted across the scenery once more for a brief moment, silently comparing the Shroud with his homeland as a faint smirk grew on his face.

"Ah, and a pleasure to meet you, Keru" Andre spoke again as his eyes darted back to the male before extending his hand toward him politely, almost forgetting to return the introduction.

"Andre Winter".

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - TheBlob - 10-19-2013

Sizhan lifted his neck, canting his head slightly at the touch as water dribbled from his beak and back into the water.

"I don't recommend you drinking from downstream of him..." She sneered, taking only a small step forward. Sizhan trilled, dipping his face into the water and lifting his neck to point his head upward, swallowing again messily.

Rhysa cringed, shaking her head distastefully, "I apologize for that.. him.. interrupting your rest, Hyur."

Her gaze moved to the approaching miqo'te, an ear perking slightly in interest as she peered at him from afar, hoping to distinguish his heritage through characteristic traits. 

Show Content

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - little-patchy - 10-19-2013

Kumo'ya was surprised by the sudden increase in people in the area; what appeared as a Hyur and chocobo duo swelled to a party with the addition of two Miqo'te. "Maybe it's a meeting," he pondered.

"No," responded Ame, her green eyes studying the scene in an offhand, carefree way. "They're introducing each other. I think the Hyur said his name is Andre--" and she glanced over to Kumo'ya, raising her eyebrows "--and the Miqo'te he's talking to is Keru."

"Keru is attractive, too."

Ame scowled and gave Kumo'ya another shove. She then pointed to the ground beside him. "By the way, lil bro, we can't 'hide' with your tail sticking out from the bush and wagging with every bad joke."

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - TheBlob - 10-27-2013

Rhysa shook her head, her curiosity flitting away with a flip of her hair as she moved passed the two and toward the large bird with frustration in her step.

"Let's go, you!" She moved for his reins and the chocobo pulled away from her grasp, offering a tickled trill as it splashed further into the creek, stamping happily in the moving water.

Hand went to her hips as she watched with a narrowed gaze, her ears pinning back. "You foul little miscreant..."

Show Content

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - Keru / E'ir - 10-27-2013

Keru looked over at the woman shouting at the bird, he found it's seemingly rebellious nature to be fun, he couldn't help but laugh a bit as he looked at her, "Miss? Perhaps it would be best if you let it stay drinking it doesn't seen too keen on leaving as of yet, then again I'm not the best with pets or animals." trying to sound as nice as possible.

Looking back at Andre he offered him a smile while putting on his glasses. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Do you know anything about chocobos?" he asked hoping that he could assist ths struggling miqo'te he was not the tallest person so he couldn't really assist much.

Show Content

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - K'nahli - 10-28-2013

Andre's gaze fell upon that of the woman and her mount as she struggled to tear it away from stream. The chocobo itself seemed far too interested in playing about in the water, kicking up glistening droplets as it did so, perhaps simply seeking to relieve itself from the heat of the day.

He let out a mild chuckle as Keru inquired to his knowledge about the beasts, once again drawing his hand out and allowing himself to pet the creature.

"I am not fortunate enough to label myself an expert - though I have plenty of experience with them at least" he answers the miqo'te while drawing nearer to the animal, now gripping it gently with both hands in attempt to both comfort it and display his trustworthiness. Truthfully, seeing the animal made him feel somewhat nostalgic as he briefly thought back to his own chocobo that he had left back in Ul'dah. He stared blankly at the creature for a moment as he idled in thought before snapping back to reality.
He continued petting it, all the while slowly drawing closer to his front end. He softly slid his hands soothingly across its coat and along its ruffled neck before finally bringing them up to meet with the animal's beak as he came to stand before it, stream water gently trickling against his leather boots as he did so.

"Like anything, they all come with different personalities. If I were to guess then I'd say this handsome steed is a little on the mischievous side" he continues while scratching the side of the chocobo's face playfully, bemused by the animal entirely.

"A bit of a handful at times perhaps, but I find such personalities all the more amusing" he adds as he turns his gaze to meet with Keru's, hoping that he had shed some light on the matter before, after a brief pause, looking towards the female, keenly interested in what she might have to say.

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - TheBlob - 10-29-2013

Sizhan watched with a canted head and sideways glance as the man approached from behind and sneakily worked his way toward his font. The mount’s stance shifted from foot to foot as the man’s ands worked to his face and Sizhan shook his head, water from his mouth spraying over anyone nearby as he chirped out an indifferent “kweh” before going back to his business, dunking his head messily in the water before lifting his neck again to let the liquid move down his throat.

Rhysa’s glare rose to meet the hyur’s eyes as she wiped the water from her face, her tail flicking behind her in irritation.

"Well now you’re just rewarding his awful behavior!” She stomped down into the water herself, her hands waving in gesture.

Sizahn turned back at her voice, pulling away from the stranger and stomped playfully in the water to echo her movements, his wings fluttering beside him as he squawked.

“Cute, very cute…”

The small woman grabbed at the reins to her mount, pulling his head down to her eye level. Her free head stretched toward the saddle where she unhooked a medium sized leather pouch from the front of his gear and slid herbbow and quiver from around the horn.

"Enough of you... go! When you are ready to behave like you've any training, find me." 

She tossed the reins to the saddle, wrapping the quickly around the horn before gesturing him off, shouldering her own gear now.  The bird replied with a fluffing of his feathers and an ecstatic series of trills before he turned abruptly,  his hind end knocking into Rhysa and sending her off her feet and toward the water with a gasp.

RE: A Walk In The Shroud or Maybe Not...((Open to All)) - little-patchy - 10-29-2013

"Ah!"

That was what Ame heard from Kumo'ya before seeing him jump from the brush toward the Miqo'te, who from the impact with her chocobo seemed poised to fall into the stream. Ame saw the branches fly from his hair, saw his arms reach out, saw him trip on a rock and fall -- face first -- into the clear water.