Hydaelyn Role-Players
Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Are there gun wep models in game for players? (/showthread.php?tid=5020)

Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Zope - 10-11-2013

I thought I saw one in someone's wiki screenshot. A pistol sorta weapon. Do these exist in-game for us to use? And if so, are they limited to a specific class?

...On that note, are -any- weapons/gear limited to what class you have active?

Thanks for any help.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Ildur - 10-11-2013

There are no pistols nor guns yet, though this might change once the Musketeer class is implemented.

And yes, weapons are limited to certain classes. Only Arcanists and the related Jobs can use books, and only Marauders can use axes, for example.
Armor has also restrictions. Marauders and Gladiators wear the bulkier armors, though they share some with Lancers, too. Archers and Pugilists use light armor, and all magic classes wear clothes/robes.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Zope - 10-11-2013

Darn.

I maybe misunderstood/worded wrong. I'm aware that certain classes use different weapons/gear but are you still able to equip non-class items for the sake of roleplay when not in that class? Or do you have to go into that class to be able to equip them?

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - LandStander - 10-12-2013

So far the only people who seem to have access to guns are the Garlean captains, and Merylwyb is the only person not a Garlean who has a gun.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Nox - 10-12-2013

(10-12-2013, 12:16 AM)LandStander Wrote: So far the only people who seem to have access to guns are the Garlean captains, and Merylwyb is the only person not a Garlean who has a gun.

That's actually not true. At the bottom of the MRD Guild in Limsa, there are 2 Yellow Jackets practicing their aim with pistols. So, I suppose there are one or two models.

(10-12-2013, 12:29 AM)Nox Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 12:16 AM)LandStander Wrote: So far the only people who seem to have access to guns are the Garlean captains, and Merylwyb is the only person not a Garlean who has a gun.

That's actually not true. At the bottom of the MRD Guild in Limsa, there are 2 Yellow Jackets practicing their aim with pistols. So, I suppose there are one or two models.
Ooooh, I'll be damned. I did not know that Big Grin.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Navisse - 10-12-2013

If my brain is not failing me (though it is possible) the original starting quests in Limsa in 1.0 involved your character being given a flintlock pistol and asked to shoot at a target. It was only present during a cutscene though.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - Lost River - 10-12-2013

When the class comes up (or job) It'll have it as a mainstay. I do believe when you get Lightning's FATE, you get her gunsword too with either her outfit or Snow's outfit (if you're a gent.)

(10-12-2013, 01:10 AM)Lost River Wrote: When the class comes up (or job) It'll have it as a mainstay. I do believe when you get Lightning's FATE, you get her gunsword too with either her outfit or Snow's outfit (if you're a gent.)

I didnt hear anything about a gunsword, but I do recall the outfits. That would be interesting though :o.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - iannesh - 10-12-2013

(10-12-2013, 01:10 AM)Lost River Wrote: When the class comes up (or job) It'll have it as a mainstay. I do believe when you get Lightning's FATE, you get her gunsword too with either her outfit or Snow's outfit (if you're a gent.)

I did like her gunsword design a lot...

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - LiadansWhisper - 10-12-2013

(10-11-2013, 09:50 PM)Zope Wrote: Darn.

I maybe misunderstood/worded wrong. I'm aware that certain classes use different weapons/gear but are you still able to equip non-class items for the sake of roleplay when not in that class? Or do you have to go into that class to be able to equip them?

The act of equipping the weapon puts you into the class that weapon is associated with.

RE: Are there gun wep models in game for players? - LeCard - 10-12-2013

(10-12-2013, 12:38 AM)LandStander Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 12:29 AM)Nox Wrote:

Ooooh, I'll be damned. I did not know that Big Grin.
I think her second in command person (or who ever the Hyur with the tricorner hat is) has a pistol on his hip as well.