Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nobility in RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Nobility in RP (/showthread.php?tid=5023)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Nobility in RP - Azureus Scipio - 10-12-2013

(Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but meh)

Does any nobility, or wealthy family, lords/ladies Rp ever go on, I know in coerthas they have the "Houses" which is in lore, but what about in RP?

If not, why? Is it possible to work with it, while still being Lore-friendly, if so, does anyone wanna help me arrange some noble houses of our own in some quiet corner of Eorzea, (Perhaps different houses/families of different races). That would bring some Politics to Rp  since you would marry of your eldest daughter to the heir of another noble house, or you would forbid your Miqo'te daughter from fraternizing and seeing that darn son of those Rogedyns.

I think it would bring people together and make more realistic RP.
 I would try and arrange it all myself, but i'm bad at trying to fit things within the boundaries of lore.

What do you lot think?Huh

RE: Nobility in RP - LandStander - 10-12-2013

Pokey, poke, poke. Are you on Balmung :o?

Yeah, I was also unsure of how to approach this. I made an alt and she is basically a lady in her late forties who came from a rich merchant family, but they have fallen from grace. I didn't want to play an actual noble character because I am unsure how they are handled. I am pretty sure I heard some mentions of them, something, something, about the Sultana in Ul'dah. I could be completely off though.

RE: Nobility in RP - Azureus Scipio - 10-12-2013

(10-12-2013, 01:42 AM)LandStander Wrote: Pokey, poke, poke. Are you on Balmung :o?

Yeah, I was also unsure of how to approach this. I made an alt and she is basically a lady in her late forties who came from a rich merchant family, but they have fallen from grace. I didn't want to play an actual noble character because I am unsure how they are handled. I am pretty sure I heard some mentions of them, something, something, about the Sultana in Ul'dah. I could be completely off though.

yes, I am on Balmung, and if more people were interested we could sort something out.  and if you want a good Idea on how they act, watch downton abbey :3

RE: Nobility in RP - LandStander - 10-12-2013

Oh, hahaha. I mean I didn't know how they were handled in game. I know Seohyun was playing a noble. I may have to hunt her down in game and ask her questions as I don't think she visits the forums very often.

Edit: Speaking of Seohyun. I was able to scour this up. http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/printthread.php?tid=2368&page=2

(10-12-2013, 01:47 AM)LandStander Wrote: Oh, hahaha. I mean I didn't know how they were handled in game. I know Seohyun was playing a noble. I may have to hunt her down in game and ask her questions as I don't think she visits the forums very often.

Edit: Speaking of Seohyun. I was able to scour this up. http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/printthread.php?tid=2368&page=2

Thats quite intresting, gotta look more into it. I'm just glad there are other people who RP as rich and prospective, noble ect,

Just gotta find the right People I guess

RE: Nobility in RP - Faye - 10-12-2013

On Balmung as well! My character is nobility; she's a "Lady" from a wealthy, high society family, and it would be fun to get to RP that aspect in something other than her scoffing at other people's bad manners. It'd definitely be cool to work something out and I suppose get some "lore" of our own set up! 

I think it's easy to work with, but you have to take race and location into account in terms of believability and staying true to what lore the game has already established. I.E. While some Miqo'te bloodlines may be more respected than others, the idea of a tribal society like the Seekers of the Sun, at least, having "noble" families seems rather strange.

(10-12-2013, 02:22 AM)Faye Wrote: On Balmung as well! My character is nobility; she's a "Lady" from a wealthy, high society family, and it would be fun to get to RP that aspect in something other than her scoffing at other people's bad manners. It'd definitely be cool to work something out and I suppose get some "lore" of our own set up! 

I think it's easy to work with, but you have to take race and location into account in terms of believability and staying true to what lore the game has already established. I.E. While some Miqo'te bloodlines may be more respected than others, the idea of a tribal society like the Seekers of the Sun, at least, having "noble" families seems rather strange.

The actually character I would have role playing as nobility, is actually Hyur , I only rp miqo'te with my sister, then we're twins who are part time hunters and sellswords.
But we should work something out together

(10-12-2013, 02:27 AM)WraithorBobby Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 02:22 AM)Faye Wrote: On Balmung as well! My character is nobility; she's a "Lady" from a wealthy, high society family, and it would be fun to get to RP that aspect in something other than her scoffing at other people's bad manners. It'd definitely be cool to work something out and I suppose get some "lore" of our own set up! 

The actually character I would have role playing as nobility, is actually Hyur , I only rp miqo'te with my sister, then we're twins who are part time hunters and sellswords.

My character is a Hyur as well, Midlander Big Grin

(10-12-2013, 02:29 AM)Faye Wrote:

So is my Hyur Big Grin
this is too awesome, so what should we have them as? Siblings, friends, cousin,

(10-12-2013, 02:44 AM)WraithorBobby Wrote:

So is my Hyur Big Grin

Friends/acquaintances, or distant relatives could work Big Grin As per Faye's backstory, any of her close family is dead.

(10-12-2013, 02:58 AM)Faye Wrote:

So is my Hyur Big Grin

Friends/acquaintances, or distant relatives could work Big Grin As per Faye's backstory, any of her close family is dead.

Friends/acquaintances it is it is then Tongue

How old is your character IC, Mine is 17. He's the youngest of seven and the only son, and he likes to dress up as a common worker and go wander around outside his families home.

Gotta work on a proper backstory, he is a relatively new character.

RE: Nobility in RP - Rosekitten - 10-12-2013

I know a few people from my FC are noble's or brought into the families. One was adopted into one of the four houses in coerthas, another is a sultan born. I don't play noble myself though as far as my character goes he has a bit of a history. Family wise his folk worked for one of the four houses up in coerthas and later he was a assistant carpenter as he worked for a wealthy merchant family in the Ul'dah region. 

I could track down both the house member and the merchant's daughter if you wanted to try and connect this idea of yours more ^^ I can't offer much as far as a family name or status as my characters a commoner to say the least Tongue

(10-12-2013, 03:09 AM)WraithorBobby Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 02:58 AM)Faye Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 02:27 AM)WraithorBobby Wrote: The actually character I would have role playing as nobility, is actually Hyur , I only rp miqo'te with my sister, then we're twins who are part time hunters and sellswords.

So is my Hyur Big Grin

Friends/acquaintances it is it is then Tongue

How old is your character IC, Mine is 17. He's the youngest of seven and the only son, and he likes to dress up as a common worker and go wander around outside his families home.

Gotta work on a proper backstory, he is a relatively new character.

Faye is 24, so a bit older Smile

RE: Nobility in RP - K'nahli - 10-12-2013

One of my hy'urs plays as the son of a wealthy family so he is considered noble, yes. His father even used his connections and wealth to guarantee him a place among the Sultansworn once he reached the appropriate age and completed sufficient training and time as a simple Immortal Flame. I didn't want to delve too much into the details though so it didn't tamper with any lore or other RP. I figured Ul'dah would have many rich families so it wouldn't be highly rare.

He was also set up for a "sort of" arranged marriage with the daughter of another wealthy family, again, someone I didn't go into much information with but might RP at some point. Albeit, that was before he disappeared.

RE: Nobility in RP - SessionZero - 10-12-2013

My main character Llaine is the Ul'dah nobility rosekitten mentioned. She doesn't act like it now, as she leads an order of Knights out of Coerthas, but she is still very much a member of her house and technically nobility. So if you're looking for nobility RP, I would be more than happy to provide some - Llaine is very much capable of setting aside her sword to play high class sophisticate for a little bit.