Hydaelyn Role-Players
So, ah.. Hey there! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: So, ah.. Hey there! (/showthread.php?tid=5076)

So, ah.. Hey there! - Viking Hans - 10-15-2013

[Image: tumblr_lmt3llB3Og1qafrh6.gif]

I'm never very good at these things, namely because I get extremely nervous and forget everything I was about to say. So I ramble! Like this! It typically gets me going. On that note, hello! Feel free to call me Hans, or whatever tickles your fancy really. I'm an old, old veteran to RP -- And I'm a veteran FFXI RP'er, as well! That said, while FFXIV is really quite familiar to me because of this, I tend to forget things quite easily and that includes lore. I know some lore, not a lot of it sticks. I apologize in advance if this causes any issues!

Let's see.. I'm 22, I'm a Web & Graphic Designer, and I've been writing and drawing nearly all my life. I grew up on a computer--so I like to say--and I type at over 100 WPM with zero errors, perfect grammar, and perfect spelling. Now when I say that I love to write and RP-- this is by far an understatement. I'm always-- ALWAYS up for writing, and so please, please don't be afraid to pull me away from what I'm doing for RP! Or just start RPing with me, I'll never reject it!

Auhhh.. Huh. Not sure what else-- OH. Oh, yeah. I was actually pretty uncertain about joining up here, namely because I'm going to be moving soon and I don't know if/when I'll have internet at my new place when I do! I'd really hate to get involved and then just leave people hanging, y'know? But then I thought, 'y'know, even if I do drop off the face of the earth at least I'll have some foundation to come back and stand on if I return sooner than I think!' and thus this is here.

Not sure what else to add, so I'll go ahead and mention that my Main RP character is Victoir D'coeurl on the Balmung server, and I've already had a wee bit of RP with the characters Ethne Lancaster and Ashleigh Grey! Really good people, they were very friendly! I don't know if they're apart of this community, but.. Y'know, random shoutout! Victoir's basic story, since I suck at lore, is that Victoir originated in Gridania where he lived as an actor on stage and in many cultural plays. Going with his small troupe to Limsa Lominsa to perform there, his ship was struck by an abrupt and terrible wind-storm that seemingly came out of nowhere! Well, after the airship went down somewhere over the sea near Limsa Lominsa, Victoir was picked up by a 'spice' ship departing for Ul'dah to drop off a shipment there. Victoir was also deposited there, and suffering terrible amnesia to boot! Now he lives somewhere on Pearl Lane, and does some freelance almost-mercenary work to get by. He doesn't know who he really is, so he lives out the life of the last character he played-- Victoir D'coeurl, a popular modern-folktale character! To this day he wears the white facepaint, even if he no longer remembers why he wears it. He has trouble remembering the names of things still, but he's wonderful at remembering faces. He's neither 'good' nor 'evil', persay.. He mostly works off of impulses and instinct!

I live in California, and I tend to log on around 2:00 PM my time, and I can go as long as 12:00 AM before I really, really have to crash. And-- Oh! To sorta say 'hey, here's a welcoming.. thing... tada!' I went ahead and drew Vic. I can't afford to do free art right now, but I can do really cheap character tokens like this once I've moved and settled down again! And, maybe, some free art too if everything works out.

Show Content

And an in-game screenshot of my Miq-boy, so you know who you (hopefully) are looking for!

Show Content

It's a pleasure to be here, and if life doesn't implode while I'm trying to get my Chocobo in a row, hopefully I get to be here for a long while yet! (Crap. I jinxed myself.)

RE: So, ah.. Hey there! - Val - 10-15-2013

Hello! Nothing wrong with simply getting started out and getting a feel for things, even if you end up having to vanish! Considering the popularity of the game and the RP in it, I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon! Plus, a lot of people like to RP outside of game via Skype/Enjin/whatever messenger is available at the time.

I suppose what I am responding to say is simply, "Welcome to Balmung!" I hope that you manage to have a wonderful time. I'm not entirely sure if Val and Victoir would get along, but you're more than welcome to add me and run me down for some RP sometime! I would be more than thrilled to do so! RP is very plentiful, but it never hurts to have more people to play with!

RE: So, ah.. Hey there! - Vito - 10-15-2013

Welcome!
The RP community on FFXIV is awesome. People are really friendly and willing to work with you. I haven't even seen much griefing from non-RPers either. Your character's backstory sounds really interesting and I think it's pretty cool that he's an actor. It would actually be hard for me to play a character like that.

I'm sure we'd all love to see more of your fanart too.

RE: So, ah.. Hey there! - Viking Hans - 10-18-2013

(10-15-2013, 02:00 PM)Val Wrote: Hello! Nothing wrong with simply getting started out and getting a feel for things, even if you end up having to vanish! Considering the popularity of the game and the RP in it, I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon! Plus, a lot of people like to RP outside of game via Skype/Enjin/whatever messenger is available at the time.

I suppose what I am responding to say is simply, "Welcome to Balmung!" I hope that you manage to have a wonderful time. I'm not entirely sure if Val and Victoir would get along, but you're more than welcome to add me and run me down for some RP sometime! I would be more than thrilled to do so! RP is very plentiful, but it never hurts to have more people to play with!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Getting along or not, I'd love to RP with you sometime! Balmung really is looking like a great place to be, even if I'm not able to be on very long. And likewise, feel free to hunt me down for RP anytime you like. Conflict can be fun sometimes! (Eventual rivals, maybe? Y'never know!)

(10-15-2013, 02:45 PM)Vito Wrote: Welcome!
The RP community on FFXIV is awesome. People are really friendly and willing to work with you. I haven't even seen much griefing from non-RPers either. Your character's backstory sounds really interesting and I think it's pretty cool that he's an actor. It would actually be hard for me to play a character like that.

I'm sure we'd all love to see more of your fanart too.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like Victoir's backstory-- It came to me after I did some questing in Gridania and learned about the theatric stage there. And the amnesia... That's just my lame attempt at covering my noobish amount of FF knowledge until I can hopefully learn some more. As I learn, he learns. XD 

And thank you, again! If I get the chance, I'll definitely draw some more stuff. Not just of Vic, either. Hopefully we get to RP sometime!