Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ (/showthread.php?tid=5087)

Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - little-patchy - 10-15-2013

Hi there! I’m new to roleplay in games (I do like to draw and write stories, though). Also, I’m somewhat new to MMO’s, with Aion being my other MMO, in which I only made it halfway through. I hope to find a welcoming group(s)/linkshell(s)/free company here to enjoy FFXIV (from roleplaying to dungeons to PVP) to the endgame and beyond!

I made some characters with a story in mind for each; for the moment, though, I overwhelmingly favor playing as Ame, partially because I don’t have much time to play during the weekdays.

The art and stories on this site are amazing! The roleplay story threads are so fun to follow, and I so envy CassandraJean’s lineart skillz.

By the way, I may be a “weebo.” Is that a negative term (´・_・`)? Well, maybe (●__●) I’m guilty of overusing emoticons (T▽T)( ≧Д≦) and of referencing otaku culture...baka desu baka desu aishiteru watashi ga ばか desu ne…

See you in Eorzea!

RE: Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - Olofantur - 10-15-2013

/salute

Greetings!

Welcome to the RPC, you've mentioned sleuthing around so i'll skip that part. I'd recommend taking a look at the linkshell directory to get an idea of who you might run into.

Please let me know and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Side note, The weeb is strong here, feel free to take a look at the "anime/manga general" post. I myself favor light novels, visual novels, some manga and rarely anime, but I make a point of watching anything I think was well done in other media, or is particularly eye catching/ interesting. Sadly I didn't do so well on my last JLPT but i'm trying to study on my down time T_T..

Hope to see you- !! stole my line. Ah well, Good luck and good hunting!

RE: Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - little-patchy - 10-15-2013

Hey there Olofantur! Thanks for the welcome and advice. And good luck on your next JLPT. I'm only taking 2nd level Japanese at my local community college, but it's already a headache for me to wrap my head around the language.

RE: Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - Shae'ra - 10-15-2013

Howdy and I welcome you with dance times:
Show Content

Most people seem to be inviting for new roleplayers and willing to help, if you enjoy writing stories: roleplaying takes that to a whole new level so I certainly hope you enjoy your time and can find a good bunch of people to both learn from and roleplay with.

Questions are always a good thing if you aren't sure of something and a good majority of the community is more than willing to help.

RE: Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - Tobias Nightbringer - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 11:30 PM)Shae Wrote: Howdy and I welcome you with dance times:
Show Content

"Let me show you the dance of my people!" xD

And hi there Little Patchy! *gives the Weeb hat to put on* Tongue Feel free to toss me a whisper here on in-game. Always up for meeting new people!

RE: Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ - little-patchy - 10-16-2013

(10-15-2013, 11:59 PM)Tobias Nightbringer Wrote:
(10-15-2013, 11:30 PM)Shae Wrote: Howdy and I welcome you with dance times:
Show Content

"Let me show you the dance of my people!" xD

And hi there Little Patchy! *gives the Weeb hat to put on* Tongue Feel free to toss me a whisper here on in-game. Always up for meeting new people!

Ahaha, maybe one of FFXIV's 15 meter tall raid bosses will do that dance! Thanks for letting me know that weebos are OK here. Laugh