Hydaelyn Role-Players
New player, incoming! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New player, incoming! (/showthread.php?tid=5126)

New player, incoming! - Aranya Northbrook - 10-17-2013

Hello! 

I'm currently in the process of downloading FFXIV and will hopefully be joining everyone in game soon. I'll be joining the Balmung server, and since I'm quite a fan of MMOs and RP, I have high hopes for the future. 

A little bit about me: As far as the Final Fantasy game is concerned, I am every bit a noob. I have never played any version of Final Fantasy and to be honest, I don't know anything about the game, the lore, the world, or the genre. I'm coming in completely blind, because a bunch of my friends are playing, and I've been looking for a new game to try out. 

That said, I do have extensive experience with RP and various MMO's. I'm primarily a WoW player, and have also played Guild Wars 2 and Lotro. Prior to that, my RP was done in tabletop AD&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, VtM larp, online chatrooms, forums, etc. 

I love learning and exploring new games, and I can see I have a tremendous amount of reading and catching up to do before I can really test the waters here, in regards to RP. But I love participating in communities and reading other people's stories, so I expect to be scouring these forums in addition to the wiki and other resources I find online. 

I wish I could tell you my name, or what race or class I'll be playing, but I don't know any of that yet! But I'm looking forward to making some new friends in the future here, IC and OOC. Smile

RE: New player, incoming! - Lady Whiteraven - 10-17-2013

Welcome! I'm also a veteran of all of those pc/tabletop/larp games. Big Grin I'm sure you will meet many wonferful rpers, I know I have. Feel free to look me up for rp when you get things worked out for your character.

RE: New player, incoming! - Olofantur - 10-17-2013

Greeting Aureliya,

You mentioned scouring the forums and the wiki which is an excellent start. Please feel free to ask questions and comment, there's usually some one who is willing to discuss what can seem even the most minuscule detail. Which I find heartening.

I'm familiar with having a WoW background, and its nice to see more people who have played AD&D (i'm in a 3.5 kingmaker right now, wheee~). So you'll likely be fairly comfortable with the technical ins and outs.

Hope to see you in Eorzea before too long, you'll have plenty of new things to see and people to meet. This likely sounds trite but please remember not to get swept up in someones pace, things can get a bit rushed and you might end up missing some small bits of the world that (for me) make it flourish.

And with that I go back to fishing Chocobo

RE: New player, incoming! - C'kayah Polaali - 10-17-2013

Did someone mention seafood?

Hi, Aureliya, and welcome! Nice to see another LOTRO/D&D vet. I'll keep an eye out for you on Balmung.Big Grin