Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Nikolai - 09-02-2010

Haha, here I voted for Mysidia back when it and Besaid were tied and Lindblum was far off in the lead, thinking I could avoid the spillover server being Besaid >_> Guess I was wrong!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

Well, only 1/5th of our total registered users have voted so far. I say it's still too early to tell when the vote won't even be closed until tomorrow night.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Bindusara - 09-02-2010

My vote was for Figaro from the beginning, not only because of my love for 6 but also I think server choice is going to be a huge popularity battle with later entries into the franchise taking more votes. (7+)

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Siben - 09-02-2010

there's 3 other communities positioning to take Figaro already. It'd be in our best interest to stay away from it.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - ArmachiA - 09-02-2010

Most of my guild hasn't voted yet but we are set on Besaid or Lindy it seems

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - foxfirestorm - 09-02-2010

Mys looks like it is starting to pick up steam.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Verence - 09-02-2010

Withholding vote until I know which endgame community is shaking out where. Don't really want to share a server with potentially elitist OOC communities... x.x

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Satisiun - 09-02-2010

For what it is worth, I'm not too concerned about "elitists" on certain servers. In the end, every server is going to end up with at least a couple of linkshells, guilds, or whatever you want to call them, that will rub the community the wrong way. I am sure all of you who played FFXI can think back on at least one on your own servers you hailed from. Some just happen to have a bit more PR around the 'net, and their exploits take on a life of their own.

Besides, this being FFXIV, there is not going to be any sort of all-purpose or general "chat room" in the zones or areas, like the case of WoW, or Aion, or other games. This actually is a pretty big thing (a positive, if you will), since oftentimes the haterade that RPers get comes from those server-wide or region-wide channels, which ultimately degenerate in to bickering, trolling, and the like (and RP becomes a flash point all too often).

Anyway. Just rambling. In the end, I tend to take big, bad, elitist groups in stride. I did when on Gilgamesh in XI, and don't see any reason not to now. Smile

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - RcknShdw - 09-02-2010

Verence Wrote:Withholding vote until I know which endgame community is shaking out where. Don't really want to share a server with potentially elitist OOC communities... x.x

I'm less worried about the elitist communities (those exist everywhere) and more worried about what server the Goons roll on :X

^ Figaro so far. doesn't look like that's changing either

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Blade - 09-02-2010

Siben Wrote:there's 3 other communities positioning to take Figaro already. It'd be in our best interest to stay away from it.

Personally I don't mind going to a place where there is going to be other communities. I like to do other things than just RP. But I think dreaming that we are going to get a server to ourselves without any other communities is unrealistic. No matter where we go there are going to be people that don't take to us well.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Cid_Mercer - 09-02-2010

I actually RP around Goons in Champions Online. All you have to do is either ignore them or be willing to have some goofy fun and roll with it, and they're actually a pretty fun bunch of dudes.

I know it's irrelevant here, looking at the poll, but I did want to try and ease some worries about them. Not all Goons are assholes. Smile

vvv And I do agree with the points listed below. Room for more RPers is always good. Hopefully server capacity won't be a huge issue. vvv

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Siben - 09-02-2010

Avina Wrote:
Siben Wrote:there's 3 other communities positioning to take Figaro already. It'd be in our best interest to stay away from it.

Personally I don't mind going to a place where there is going to be other communities. I like to do other things than just RP. But I think dreaming that we are going to get a server to ourselves without any other communities is unrealistic. No matter where we go there are going to be people that don't take to us well.

Not the point I was trying to make. The major bone of contention it seems is people don't want the RPC to end up on a server that's already going to have several MAJOR entities there for the sole purpose that we want "Breathing Room" to accept new RP'ers.

Moving to a server with an already high population and causing it to become locked for new people is counter-productive to the goals of the RP community. Which is why going for Figaro is a bad idea.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Blade - 09-02-2010

Siben Wrote:
Avina Wrote:

Not the point I was trying to make. The major bone of contention it seems is people don't want the RPC to end up on a server that's already going to have several MAJOR entities there for the sole purpose that we want "Breathing Room" to accept new RP'ers.

Moving to a server with an already high population and causing it to become locked for new people is counter-productive to the goals of the RP community. Which is why going for Figaro is a bad idea.

Ah, okay, sorry for the confusion then. Smile

I voted Cornelia, big fan of how it all started.

Cid_Mercer Wrote:I actually RP around Goons in Champions Online. All you have to do is either ignore them or be willing to have some goofy fun and roll with it, and they're actually a pretty fun bunch of dudes.

I know it's irrelevant here, looking at the poll, but I did want to try and ease some worries about them. Not all Goons are assholes. Smile

vvv And I do agree with the points listed below. Room for more RPers is always good. Hopefully server capacity won't be a huge issue. vvv

They can be very cool, I've rolled in their guilds quite a few times. However, one RP elitest will say something and it will turn on their troll-o-meter. Always happens, never fails XD