Hydaelyn Role-Players
Allies Needed (RP Party wanted) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Allies Needed (RP Party wanted) (/showthread.php?tid=5166)

Allies Needed (RP Party wanted) - Prosopeio - 10-19-2013

A Lalafell in mage robes sits quietly within the Quicksand, his blank eyes unfocused as he stares straight ahead. Leaning against him is a rather tall wooden sign, the words 'Help Wanted, Sit Down To Inquire Further' written in a slightly glowing script.
Many of the regulars give the odd Dunesfolk a wide berth, mostly ignoring him, though a few cast shifty glances towards him every so often. Curious as to what kind of help would be needed, as well as the possibility of payment, an Elezen Gladiator takes a seat. The moment he does, the Lalafell's gaze quickly turns to him and the mage suddenly seems to come to life. 

"This one greets you." He says in a soft, monotone voice, his facial features lacking any sort of expression as he speaks. "You who have come forward, this one requires aid... This one has need to practice the arcane craft, yet doing so alone has become increasingly difficult. As such, this one seeks those willing to distract enemies so this one may destroy them with his arcane craft." Tilting his head to one side, the lalafell blinks, before letting out a soft sigh. "This one sees you require a more concise description of this one's needs. Very well. This one is in need of a meat shield to distract monsters. You shall be compensated with an equal share of any rewards found in the time we are together, as well as a pledge to keep you from dying too much. This one believes the exchange is fair and..."

Suddenly, the mage's face twists in anger as he slams both hands onto the table loudly, standing up in his seat like a shot. Turning to one side, the mage glares at something the gladiator cannot see. "Twelve take you for a fool, Nana! Can't ya see yer scarin the cub?! Who d'ya think has ta stitch the lad up after he's done playin tag with the fiends, eh?" Turning back to the now startled elezan, the mage tries to soften his features a bit into what should have been a calming smile... though it looked rather strained, as if the mage was ill used to making such features. "Sorry about Nana, he means well but when it comes to anything outside of black magic, he's a bit of a dunce. Listen, I'd REALLY appreciate it is ya helped us. Without someone to intercept foes, anything we do is kinda... dangerous. In a big way. The Catastrophe kinda messed with us kinda fierce so we kinda hafta start from the beginning again. Re-establish our knowledge base, touch base with the centers of learning, re-learn our spells, that kinda thing.. and for that, we kinda need someone like you ta help us out. Can't guarantee the work'll be easy, but I swear I'll do my best ta keep ya from kickin the big one."

The slightly twitching smile suddenly turns calm, the blank eyes becoming gentler as he once more takes his seat. "My my... We simply cannot see the issue. Had we started in Limsa Lominsa like we had originally suggested, then we would not be in this situation, do you not agree, Nana? Momo? We would have had the ability to re-establish ties with Carbuncle and simply called upon our adorable little guardian to take the blows for us, no? Instead, we sit here like some broken wretch, begging for alms and assistance from any passer by as if we had no pride or skill of our own." Chuckling softly, the mage bows slightly to the elezan. "No offense, but we are far more trusting of a magical being than a sellsword... not only do we not have to share wealth, but their loyalty is guaranteed."

Face twisting in anger once more, the mage looks to his right and slams a fist against the table. "Shut UP Lele! We AREN'T in Limsa Lominsa, and even then only YOU can summon anything! Don't think I'm givin up control to the likes of you just cause you can call upon some stupid glowing mutt!"

"... this one..."

"So angry, Momo. If you keep that up, our face will be twisted that way permanently. That would be a problem for us, since we prefer to smile at others instead of looking like some crazed beastkin ready to slay whomever crosses our path. And you consider yourself a healer?"

"... perhaps this one should..."

"Why the heck do ya always refer to yerself as 'we' and such?! Makes people think ya speak for all of us instead of just yerself!"

"... listen..."

"Tis the ROYAL We. We are, after all, among the few who call upon the elemental might of the Spirits. If you wish to make more of yourself, surely you can do the same, no?All you can do is nurse cuts and scrapes with your paltry white magic."

"... he left..."

"I'll show YOU paltry ya two-gil aristocratic... huh?" Blinking in confusion, the mage looked about, only to find the table abandoned and everyone in the Quicksand going about their own business once more, doing their utmost to pretend the mage wasn't there. "See what ya did? Ya scared him off!"

Crossing his arms, the mage snorted and looked away. "Tis no matter... another shall come along."

Sighing, the mage sat back down, muttering softly to himself.. before once again taking on a lifeless stare, holding onto the wooden sign tightly.

(Server: Gilgamesh. Name: Kiroro Manaro. Skype: unco.joe
Looking for people to party with, whether it be a regular random group of people, a link shell or even a full on Free Company ^^ Looking to master the three Magic Types. Looking forward to meeting you all!)

RE: Allies Needed (RP Party wanted) - Michikyou - 10-20-2013

[[This is excellent. If you were on Balmung i'd love to party up! ;-; ]]

RE: Allies Needed (RP Party wanted) - Prosopeio - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 01:20 AM)Naih Wrote: [[This is excellent. If you were on Balmung i'd love to party up! ;-; ]]
((If Balmung ever opens up, I'll remake him there. For now I was lucky enough to have Gilgamesh in rotation)

RE: Allies Needed (RP Party wanted) - Lament - 10-21-2013

Balmung's always open late at night/early in the morning.