Hydaelyn Role-Players
New user here! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New user here! (/showthread.php?tid=5214)

New user here! - Khuja'to - 10-23-2013

Okay, so I just recently started playing this game (About two weeks now), and decided now was a good time to finally post something on this website and become active in the RP community instead of side-lining it.

A little about myself:

While I am new to the game, (And Final Fantasy in general, truthfully) I am not new to roleplaying. I have ~7 years worth of experience under my belt in various types of RP. These are, but not limited too, Para-Roleplaying, Free-form Text Based such as chatrooms and what-not, and MMORP. Under MMORP I have roleplayed in such games as World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and Aion.

Introductions aside, I have high hopes for the RP community in this game from what I've seen. It's refreshing to see so many people willing to extend a hand to new people and veterans alike and really bring people together. Don't think I haven't been creeping on this site since day one of playing this game. ;D But in all-seriousness, if you see me in-game, absolutely feel free to approach me if you can worm it in IC'ly. I'll gladly accept any practice I can get in learning the ropes of the lore and mechanics of RPing on ARR! If I can only manage to figure out the mechanic for free-form emotes, I'll be well on my way!

I hope to see you guys in Eorzea!

(I almost completely forgot to mention my characters name. @_@ Khuja'to Moshantu. If it's missed next to my post. >.<)

RE: New user here! - Vashies Alexander - 10-23-2013

Welcome!

RE: New user here! - Khuja'to - 10-23-2013

Thank you!

RE: New user here! - Olofantur - 10-23-2013

Hello and welcome to the RPC Khuja'to

Sounds like you have a solid mechanical background to work off of which is more than many started with! as a note about "free form emotes" the command is "/em <text>" which will appear as (for example) "Quarimar Baenund <text>" in the light blue that denotes the standard emotes.

You mentioned lurking which is an excellent way to learn, I hope you've had the chance to see some people in game that you might have learned about here. You can of course pester us on the Linkshell posting themselves if you want to get to know anyone or group in particular more.

For a general overview of Roleplaying, look no further than the RP handbook made by Eva on the front page, a wealth of knowledge without much equal.

Hope to see you around in Eorzea, please ask any questions you might have and i'll do my best to address them!

RE: New user here! - Khuja'to - 10-23-2013

Thank you Olofantur! I was trying /e actually (old habits die hard), but that little snip-it of information was greatly appreciated! I definitely have been checking out Eva's handbook and various postings. She's been a great boon in dusting off some old skills and guidelines I had worried I would forget! The offer to answer questions is appreciated too, and if I run into any snags I may very well take you up on that!

RE: New user here! - Olofantur - 10-23-2013

Not a problem, here to help.

You can reach me here of course or send me a tell in game if you prefer discussing things there.

Good luck and good hunting!