Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! (/showthread.php?tid=522)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Kylin - 09-02-2010

Just so you all know (and so you appreciate this more), there was actually quite a bit of drama in the news room regarding the "tonberry." >.>

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Asyria - 09-02-2010

Yes since we still don't know whether or not they actually exist in Eorzea?
I heard echoes...
It's way too awesome a concept to let that bother us, though.

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Tadir - 09-02-2010

Exactly. Who doesn't love (and who isn't mortally terrified at the same time) Tonberries?!?

Such cute death!

Tonberry Tonberry Tonberry Tonberry Cry Tonberry Tonberry Tonberry Tonberry

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Rikitiki - 09-02-2010

Wow! Very nicely done! :approve:

Looking forward to the first issue. Big Grin

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - ArmachiA - 09-02-2010

hahahaha yeah hammering out the name was FUUUUNN

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Tyriont - 09-02-2010

Looks absolutely fantastic Big Grin

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Qinsakura - 09-03-2010

Very much looking forward to this project!! :cheer:

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Lunaticked - 09-03-2010

...I love seeing efforts like this in any community. Love it.

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Sylian - 09-03-2010

Awesome! Big Grin Great job.. looking forward to the upcoming issues ^^

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - BloodHecate - 09-03-2010

Ah, I am very impressed by the look of that. I love Tonberries and the rustic look of that fits in very proper to the Final Fantasy XIV feel.

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Asytra - 09-03-2010

I'm really really looking forward to this!!!

I'm a sucker for this type of thing. It's why I became an obsessive book collector in Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion, as well as purchasing CEs and coveting manuals that are written more or less "In Character" and tell you things about the world.

Will there be a section where we can write in as our characters and have editor response? That might be fun. Smile

Oh as for the Tonberry, if we find out there are none in game... perhaps that one was the last of his kind? Cry

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Trizzip - 09-03-2010

Great work guys! Looks very professional and very intriging. As for the tonberrys...it's a staple of SE, just like chocobos, just like moogles, just like cactaurs. If they didn't have tonberrys, people would riot.

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Tadir - 09-03-2010

We are currently planning a letters to the editor type section, but it hasn't been though out yet. I definitely think it could be fun. I'm glad you all like it. We put a lot of work into this. There is a lot more to be done and I hope this is the best IC paper you'll ever read.

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Trizzip - 09-03-2010

Oh believe me....ya'll's hard work shows. I'm very confident that ya'll be able to do great things with this. It is probably going to be one of the biggest contributions to this community. I can see it being a pretty big deal.

Re: Introducing the Tonberry's Lantern! - Asytra - 09-03-2010

It might also be neat to have a classified section, as well as perhaps a merchant section where crafters could take out IC ads and have a short description of the wares they specialize in as well as where their market is usually set up.