Hydaelyn Role-Players
Icolo seeking rpers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Icolo seeking rpers (/showthread.php?tid=5234)

Icolo seeking rpers - cefosterjr - 10-24-2013

Icolo is .hack rp FC seeking more RPers. I understand this is a FF platform and I do my best to respect the FF lore rper's and not push my love for the .hack series anywhere it is unwanted. Why .hack rp you may ask? Well the series is the SOLE reason I know what an MMO is. I just thoroughly enjoy the concepts of the story. Upon launch I figured if I liked the series this much someone else might too. So I began to search in-game to see if there were any other's out there like me. To my pleasant surprise I found quite a few! We now have a community LS thats thriving with people who enjoy the .hack series but most of them are not rpers. My actual FC recently had all our rpers but 2 go inactive. It was a really fun experience while it lasted. So I'm here today restart my search and see if any of you might be interested. I understand that non Lore RP might be a turn off for a lot of you, I just really enjoyed what my small group has accomplished so far. We use the FF platform as the future setting of .hack.

Here is a backstory I came up with from Icolo's forums on proboards. One of my LS mates not in Icolo read it last night and suggested that I share it here due to it catching his interest. (if you haven't followed the .hack series it probably will be confusing to you) but thank you for your time!:

(Unknown Narrator): Heroes are always found during a time of crisis. The server crisis of "The World" R:2 the players suffered was no different. AIDA, Artifical Intellgent Data Anomaly, is the name GU(response group) gave this "force" that was slowly taking over the game servers of "The World" and comatosing its players. However, 8 special PC's (player characters) had the ability within them to counter-act the power of AIDA. These 8 powers, or Morganna Factors, were thought to be lost in the fire that destroyed the orginal game servers. But eveidence was found out that the "Morganna Factors" cannot be destroyed, but rather they took refuge deep within the world, of "the World". These 8 unique factors gave the players controlling them the ability to summon beings called Epitaphs. Ironically, these 8 Epitaphs were the ones comatosing players in the first version of the game. They were together called the "Cursed Wave" and were the servants of Morganna. Morganna was designed by the creator of "the World" to complete the Ultimate AI, Aura. But when Morganna realized she would obsolete, she chose to detstroy "The World", rather than give it a protector. TO combat the cursed wave a player, Kite, was given and bracelet by Aura. This bracelet gave him the ability, data drain, ability to rewrite data. User versions of the Epitpahs also shared this ability. Due to Kite not playing "the World" R:2, this was the only protection we had. Now that you have a general understanding, I can tell you about the Gestalts without you being totally lost.

During the R:2 Era, the AIDA server crisis happened. AIDA copied the server of "the World", and made its own identical server. AIDA also copied everyones PC data and trasnported everyone to its server where they could not log out. Now after a short period the GU team destroyed the AIDA server and everyone was transported back to the real game servers. But somehthing else was born out of this crisis as well the Gestalts. When AIDA copied and produced all the data from the real game server, 12 new Epitaphs were born out of the shadows of the other 8. Also, Lycoris, the orginal being that was supposed to be in Aura's position was released from deep within "the World". Lycoris was thought to be deleted way before the Era of Aura and Morganna. Lycoris knew she was a part of Aura, but an incomplete version. But they both could not exist in this world. Or could day? Lycoris speculated that if they could co-exist, so could new epitpahs. So she hid herself deep within the game server to be awakened at the right moment. When awoken a link between her and Aura was instantly established. Aura was also thought to be lost in this time period. Aura quickly filled Lycoris in on the current situation, and then went back into her isoloation. Lycoris knew she was short on time and desperately looked for a trustworthy PC or piece of an Epitaph. To her surprise she found a familiar face, Cjaye. At first, Lycoris thought Cjaye was Albireo due to their uncanny physical resemblence. But then she realized the eyes weren't quite the same, at least not yet. Cjaye's PC had already had an encounter with Haseo, the user of Skeith. Since the Gestalts were born out of the shadows of the Epitaphs, this in a way made him Haseo's opposite. A perfect Gestalt canidate. But like Epitaph users, the users can't be chosen. They have to be psychologically and physically able to bear the usage of these powers. And the "being" has to accept them. Otherwise the user will either go insane or into a comma.

While subtley directing one of the Gestalts she thought would be compatitble, Rhalgr, Lycoris distracted Cjaye with conversation of all the previous events that was just told to you. Similtaneously the Gestalt began the bonding test to see if Cjaye's PC was compatible. Rhalgr, showing no signs of disgust, hid himself deep within Cjaye's PC and subconsiousness. Lycoris informed Cjaye of what she had just done but didn't tell him Rhalgr's name. He would have to discover that himself. Lycoris called these new "Epitaphs" Gestalts, because joined with the Inifiny 8 both would be complete. She told him that he would one day have to step up and take a part in helping save "the World" of the future. That the remaining legendary .hackers of R:1 and the inifinity 8 of R:2 would need him and the Gestalts for new abilities to combat new enimeies. He was also told that he would need to gather the remaining 11 Gestalts, and join with the other heroes. When he accepted this without hesitation, she new Rhalgr accepted him. Now she could go back into rest at ease for a little while longer. As she faded with the words,"You have his eyes." Cjaye was left slightly confused. Now as the "unofficial" leader of the new generation of .hackers Cjaye set off to train, and find the remaining 11...

RE: Icolo seeking rpers - cefosterjr - 10-24-2013

Also this is a sample of my character's bio also from Icolo's forums

The World:ARR Name: Cjaye
In-Game Gender: Male(RL)
Job: Dragadin
Guilds: Icolo(ARR)/Twilight Knights(R:X)
First Appreance: The World R:2
Age Stages: R:2(18)/R:X(20)/ARR(23)
Gestalt: Rhalgr, The Destroyer of Shadows

Personality/Appearance
In real life Cjaye's player is a college student-athlete living in USA. Being a natural competitor explains his love for Player vs Player combat. Cjaye is often taken as an underdog, which often allows him to catch people off-guard in real life and in-game. Sometimes without trying to be, he is also a natural leader in real life and in-game. Cjaye has a very welcomeing and caring personality. He does all he can for his friends and teammates. However, Cjaye has always had a strong, unswaying personality. He is uninfluenced very little if at all. These traits are how Lycoris knew Rhalgr would accept Cjaye's PC and as a user. Cjaye is also viewed as Haseo's opposite. After all, Rhalgr was born out of the shadow of Skeith. Apperance wise Cjaye's PC is often mistaken for the R:1 player Albireo. When Rhalgr accepted Cjaye's PC, without him knowing, it changed all of his PC data. Including his appearance. Cjaye won a Beta key before the launch of R:X. Lycoris made sure he recived one. When uploading his save data from R:2 he noticed his image was changed, and he was unable to fix it. Like Albireo, his right eye is blue and his left is yellow. But Cjaye's wave symbols are white and on this sides of his face, while Albireo's are green and on his forehead.

R:2 Era
Cjaye is one of "The Twelve". Back during the AIDA server crisis of R:2, Cjaye was chosen by Lycoris to be the user of Rhalgr, the Destroyer of Shadows. Lycoris told him that 11 other Gestalts would be born like Rhalgr, and he would have to find and assemble them. Thus, making him the unofficial leader of the new "Chosen Ones". He was also told about all the events of R:1, the Infinity 8, and their current battles. After being returned to the real game server, Cjaye has been on a mission to find his counterparts and prepare for the on-coming calamity. Cjaye also got heavily into the Arena Palace during this Era. He used this as a training method and also took on PKs whenever he could.

R:X Era
During this Era Cjaye joined the Twilight Knights founded by Kite. After learning about Cjaye's story he was found by Albireo and trained in the way of the lance. During this Era Cjaye spent majority of his time trying unlock his Gestalt powers. Though unsuccessful, he was able to find Kayne, Gestalt User of Thaliak, the Scholar. Cjaye and Kayne found they were a lot alike and became great friends. Kayne was the only person Cjaye would hang with if he wasn't training with one of the legendary .hackers. Cjaye's great increase in battle skills since R:2 got him noticed by Antares, Alkaid, and Sirius, the founders of Icolo. At the end of R:X he was chosen as the new Guildmaster of Icolo. The older group felt it was time for the younger generation to uphold the standards they built.

The World:ARR
Normally Cjaye plays Knight-type classes, understandably they fit his personality. But he became so proficient with a Lance that a special type class was made for him. With Rhalgr being in his PC, it allowed for Lycoris to override the system in some cases. With Rhalgr being a Knight type Gestalt, Cjaye was able to unlock the "Dragadin" class. The combination of Paladin and Dragoon classes of the World:ARR. In this Era Cjaye is finally able to summon his Gestalt. As now the leader of Icolo Cjaye is determined to find the other 9 Gestalts and any of the other legendary .hackers who join the cause for peace. Since the Twilight Knights disbaned, Cjaye now has the burden of leading the .hackers, old and new. To be continued...

[url=http://icolo.proboards.com/attachment/download/15][/url]