Hydaelyn Role-Players
Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot (/showthread.php?tid=5257)

Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Cota Orben - 10-25-2013

(This is a restructuring of my previous thread, designed to be significantly less obtuse. If a mod wouldn't mind deleting the pre-existing thread, I'd be very grateful.)

Essentially, I'm looking for a character to play the "fiancee" of my Lalafell character, for a plot line I have planned for sometime in the nebulous future. 

There's still some stuff to wrap up with other plots, but if anyone wants to discuss potential past RP over Skype or instant messenger, I'd love to arrange something like that.

The bare-bones requirement is a female Lalafell (Either Dunesfolk or Plainsfolk works). This character would have had a shared history with mine, further details will be revealed upon request (Though they're listed at length in the original thread.)

I think a little bit more context is in order.

Annin's "fiancee" is a slave he met during his own period in bondage at the manse of a fairly affluent Ul'dahn merchant. Essentially, a slave in everything but name, unpaid labor with harsh corporal punishment for dissent. Their engagement was more of a promise made in their early teens. Long story short, Annin escaped - she did not, and much of his motivation for the past decade or so has been rescuing her and laying low the person who caused the two of them so much grief. 

This has necessitated the adoption of a complete tonal shift in terms of personality and motivations - so he's obviously not going to be the same person she knew him as. But then again, the same could be said of her. 

Essentially, until a rescue is mounted there isn't a need for her to exist in the physical game. However, if someone would like to roleplay some scenes from their joint pasts beforehand, that would be great as well.

This does not have to be anyone's main character, though if anyone does main a female Lalafell they feel like volunteering for this, all the better. 

Again, if anyone's interested be sure and let me know. I promise I don't bite... much. Tonberry (Adorable Tonberry Interlude ™ )

RE: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Claris - 10-26-2013

Hey Devin!

Depends on what you mean by "fiancée", I suppose! Clalaris's father has introduced a bunch of beaus for his future Sultana to marry, but she's turned them all down.

If that little plot point interests you and you want to discuss further, please let me know. There's also Lalatte, her sister, who is.. uh... well... more or less inclined to the cruel and evil-ish side. Smile

RE: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Cota Orben - 10-26-2013

(10-26-2013, 02:04 AM)Claris Wrote: Hey Devin!

Depends on what you mean by "fiancée", I suppose!  Clalaris's father has introduced a bunch of beaus for his future Sultana to marry, but she's turned them all down.

If that little plot point interests you and you want to discuss further, please let me know.  There's also Lalatte, her sister, who is.. uh... well...  more or less inclined to the cruel and evil-ish side.  Smile

Hey Claris! Thanks for the reply. Just so the thread doesn't get overly long, I sent out a quick PM with some more details.

RE: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Cota Orben - 10-26-2013

Of course, this doesn't mean that the thread is closed! If anyone else has a character that they think fits this scenario, please let me know and I'll provide further details.

RE: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Lament - 10-26-2013

Welp, here's a different take on it:

I have a sort of prissy Lala from a well-to-do Ul'dahn family, Nanaya. She recently left (read: stormed out of) home to study archery in Gridania. It could very well be due to rebelling against an unwanted engagement.

RE: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Cota Orben - 10-27-2013

I think a little bit more context is in order.

Annin's "fiancee" is a slave he met during his own period in bondage at the manse of a fairly affluent Ul'dahn merchant. Essentially, a slave in everything but name, unpaid labor with harsh corporal punishment for dissent. Their engagement was more of a promise made in their early teens. Long story short, Annin escaped - she did not, and much of his motivation for the past decade or so has been rescuing her and laying low the person who caused the two of them so much grief. 

This has necessitated the adoption of a complete tonal shift in terms of personality and motivations - so he's obviously not going to be the same person she knew him as. But then again, the same could be said of her. 

Essentially, until a rescue is mounted there isn't a need for her to exist in the physical game. However, if someone would like to roleplay some scenes from their joint pasts beforehand, that would be great as well.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

RE: Re: Looking for a Fiancee for an Upcoming Plot - Lament - 10-28-2013

It does! You should probably put that in your first post too.