Hydaelyn Role-Players
Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - BloodHecate - 09-25-2010

Eh, forgive my ignorance that used to be in this post. I sleepiness is clearly getting to me.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kurb - 09-26-2010

Yes it is odd.I was hopeful of getting on the server at the start myself.Back when I stupidly thought the RP community would be small.When I saw that population table my jaw dropped.Considering beta and CE players and the release date is on 30/09 or 09/30.Wow :oops: .Looks like you lot will have lots of RP on the server though that's always good

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kiarra - 09-26-2010

Besaid creation is working for now at least as my boyfriend finally created his character on there.
I've seen a whole lot of bad names on there taking up space for rpers though, and was very disappointed. Honestly when I first created my character there I saw so many I went to three other websites and this one just to make sure I had the right server.
I have only seen anyone rping one time yet. I hope it picks up when the official launch happens.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Noelle - 09-26-2010

Kiarra Wrote:Besaid creation is working for now at least as my boyfriend finally created his character on there.
I've seen a whole lot of bad names on there taking up space for rpers though, and was very disappointed. Honestly when I first created my character there I saw so many I went to three other websites and this one just to make sure I had the right server.
I have only seen anyone rping one time yet. I hope it picks up when the official launch happens.

A lot of the names people have chosen are just rediculous. It completely kills any immersion that I have when I see someone called "Redbum Spanksalot" run past (I hope I made that one up).
You can turn the names off with /names, but then you can't see whom you're nearby, and I'm always on the lookout for names I recognise from here.

I Think a lot of people are still trying to get their bearings in the game, learning how it all works. It is brand new afterall. So I'd wager that RPing will pick up soonish.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - DAISHI - 09-28-2010

Roleplayers will always be the minority, so don't be surprised by the oddball names. Frankly, some of them are hilarious.

"Kuiosity Kildacat"

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Xzenivar - 09-28-2010

Some names might be silly and appear as out of game at first, but some of those could also be looked at as nick names. My character did some business with a nice gentleman by the name of Fiddler Crab last night.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tadir - 09-28-2010

He's on these forums actually. Seems like a nice guy.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Asyria - 09-28-2010

I saw a Lalafel girl, walking around all cute-like called Sumthinfishy Goingon. Tongue
I eyeroll when I see Gandalph's and the likes, but some of those names are just plain funny and make me smile.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tagyr - 09-28-2010

So far for names.

Bam Bam - blonde haired lalafel - marauder
Adolf Hitler - Another lalafel

Some are funny, some are just sad.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - DAISHI - 09-30-2010

Kuriosity Kildakat.

Final Fantasyxiv.

Kitty Katslave.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Verence - 09-30-2010

Bwuce Wiwwis, Chick Norris, and Who Dat. Three names that made me chuckle.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kurb - 10-01-2010

Insane question but did the server pop finally reach it's cap?
((feel free to move the post if needed))

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Magnus - 10-01-2010

Kurb Wrote:Insane question but did the server pop finally reach it's cap?
((feel free to move the post if needed))

Good question... because Besaid and Limblim, totally not on my server selection list.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kurb - 10-01-2010

>< thought it was just me well ok I'll make an alt here later I suppose

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Gossamer - 10-01-2010

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will likely switch between available and unavailable from time to time. I know we had this problem during beta as well. Sometimes a server would be unavailable for a while before it opened back up again.