Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin (/showthread.php?tid=529)

Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Vareal - 09-03-2010

So, by now people in Gridania have completed their 'The Color of Sin' quest and have already gone through the hair pulling of trying to figure out which emote to give each kid before you take them out into the forest. IF you haven't done that part of the quest yet (I've done it twice now because I re-rolled on Besaid) then here is a list of the NPC's and which emote to throw their way:

There is no particular order in which to give the emotes, just target them as you can. (each emote can be done through the chat window by using a / before the emote. exampe: /surprised so there's no need to shuffle through your emote window)

Ryd = Surprised

Sansa = Bow

Powle = Cheer

Nicoliaux = Clap

Elyn = Lookout

Aunillie = Beckon

So, just so the rest of you don't have to pull your hair out and you can help the other's around you.

Not sure if this topic is Pin worthy, but if they don't fix the descriptions on what emote to give, someone might want to make this topic easy to find.

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - EDEN - 09-03-2010

AWWWW where were you when I did this quest that was the most infuriating little mini quest ever!! They all did the same action XP and the emotes you were supposed to do didn't match up with what they were saying at all!!

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Rhio - 09-04-2010

Thank you! I desperately wish this had been there as I stared at Ryn, wondering what he was looking for in terms of "joy" that /joy failed to convey. Apparently, it was surprise.

For a brief moment I had the sneaking suspicion that I had somehow stumbled into a different game, the sort of adventure game that was all the rage back in the day. The kind where "logic" had no real place to solving the theoretical logical puzzles, where instead you had to follow some insane thread of disconnected ideas that marked what the programmers decided was the "right" process, where you can't use Dynamite to open a door because the Dynamite is used in a different puzzle. I'm not totally sure I was wrong.

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Kejira - 09-04-2010

EDEN Wrote:AWWWW where were you when I did this quest that was the most infuriating little mini quest ever!! They all did the same action XP and the emotes you were supposed to do didn't match up with what they were saying at all!!

ohh yes took me well over half an hour to complete this little quest...but i like the reward, 20.000 gil isn't bad at all, so i didn't mind having done it after that ^-^

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - foxfirestorm - 09-04-2010

*bumps this*

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Vareal - 09-05-2010

I would have gotten it up sooner, but I d idn't think about it the first time I did it, nor the second time... It wasn't until the third time I decided: "Hey, might as well write it down and share!" Glad it's helped some of you.

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Vond - 09-05-2010

This guide saved me. I get the impression that the children are SUPPOSED to perform the action that they want from you, as in, play the animation, and you figure out what it is from that as opposed to the dialogue. Problem is, they don't actually do that. If they did, the quest would make much more sense.

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - falcolas - 09-05-2010

There's nearly an identical quest for Ul'Dah. What The Frank is up with these - are they some kind of sick joke? I'm frustrated enough to throw my mouse right now.

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - Freyar - 09-05-2010

At least the one in Ul'dah, you can see what she's doing.

Re: Gridania ~ The Color of Sin - falcolas - 09-05-2010

She only did it on the first one, not the 6 that followed. And there's nothing to cue you when you get to the miners themselves. A few result in responses, but most don't get anything in return.

And talk about a hissy cat emote. Lost all respect for Miqo'te on that one. Big Grin