Hydaelyn Role-Players
Aumeric Chassebel - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Aumeric Chassebel (/showthread.php?tid=5459)

Aumeric Chassebel - ansemaru - 11-12-2013

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Aumeric Chassebel
  • Primary character: Aumeric Chassebel
  • Linkshells: Lansquenet, LFRP
  • Primary RP linkshell: Lansquenet

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium, I believe. I'm not always going to be RPing or seeking RP, but I do like to participate frequently, and I'm looking to expand my interactions beyond my current boundaries. If I'm online and someone wants to initiate RP with me, more often than not I will agree to it.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • My character isn't primarily combat-oriented, and as such I don't expect to put him in many circumstances where he'd have to fight someone. I don't seek out fights, but if physical danger arises as a result of an RP scenario, I am willing to roll with it- and I don't expect Aumeric to come out of it better off than anybody picking a fight with him. I can also roll well enough with injuries- I've got a character with scars, and if he ends up with a few more, that isn't the end of the world.

• Views on IC romance:
  • I'm open to it. I've RPed IC romance before in other games, and I've got a character who's young, naive, and open-hearted. If someone wants to woo him, or if he finds himself smitten with another, I'll gladly RP that scenario. Just no crossing the IC/OOC barrier, since the player behind the character has no interest in starting a relationship when he's already in one. And I'd appreciate people being open OOC if they have ulterior motives IC for pursuing a relationship- if someone is taking advantage of my character IC, I'd prefer to know about it beforehand. I'm not going to get him entangled in multiple relationships at once- it would be OOC to play him as non-monogamous- and I suppose it's worth mentioning that I have no interest in RPing heterosexual romance. Aumeric isn't one for the ladies.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • I'm in favor of it, though family plays a fairly big role in Aumeric's ongoing backstory/character arc, so some coordination would be required if anybody wanted to play a relative of his. Friends and enemies are always welcome, of course.

• Views on lore:
  • I'm not going to be ridiculously hung up on every lore detail, since I'm still getting the hang of it, but I expect a certain basic level of respect for the lore of the game. It's there as a shared setting/basis for the world we function in, so blatant violations of common sense and widely-accepted canon will shut down my interest right away. I'm okay with people playing with the social rules of Seekers of the Sun, I'm not okay with people bringing in ideas that are wholly alien to the setting (like someone playing a Guado in Gridania.)

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • I'm alright with using /say for IC interaction, though it's *public* and as such should probably be interactions that the participants should understand run a risk of being overheard or interrupted by outside parties. /linkshell communication obviously depends on whether a particular LS is IC or OOC- and IC ones should be treated as actual linkshells in-universe, in my opinion. /tell is good for more private interactions. Linkshells are also useful for more privacy than /say, but /tell is something I'd use for private communications that are conducted in-person but are too sensitive/secret for /say. The only other channel I tend to use is /fc, which is OOC.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:Eastern
  • Contact info:PM me, or pester me over AIM at "kamen mist".

RE: Aumeric Chassebel - Anstarra - 11-24-2013

In addition to the above, I would like to mention that Aumeric is an absolute sweetheart.

RE: Aumeric Chassebel - Isarmont Sorel - 11-24-2013

Aumeric seems like he would be a fun character to interact with.  I sent you a PM, Ansemaru!