Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the community (/showthread.php?tid=5466)

New to the community - Poet - 11-12-2013

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and community. 
I am an odd one and I rather endure that. I look forward to being able to make my character profile and role playing in the community!

I hope you find me just as interesting or fun to be around too.

MMORPG background

It's been so long since I've gotten around to remembering my first MMORPG.. I believe it was Everquest.. If I remember correctly. I've been playing MMO's for quite sometime so.. it's nothing special!

RP experience
      I have a wonderful role play history. I've been at this old pup for twelve years. It hasn't gotten old and I adore all types of role plays. Please... get you head out of the gutter D:

Silliness aside, my roleplay experiance over those long twelve years has be phenomenal. I've grown and expanded my way of roleplaying since then. I feel like it's been apart of my life and makes me less shy than I usually am outside the screen and keys. 

Character ideas/info
         I'm currently working on this.. So Very little can be said. 

How did you learn about the coalition?
     I'm not supposed to tell anyone. But, they made me drink the punch.. The rest was a fuzzy memory.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I'm a detailed writer when it comes to role play. I adore Heavy to Medium styles and I try to avoid being a novella.. It scares the children.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
      I can proudly say I'm a College student of five years. A degree in graphic design and soon to be a Social Service Worker with Children and Families. So, it's super exciting.

RE: New to the community - Tobias Nightbringer - 11-12-2013

Bright blessings and welcome to the RPC! I am sure you will have a great time here Big Grin

The people here are amazing and very friendly! If not a touch crazy Tongue But that is a good thing, right? I'll be sure to send you a tell in-game if I ever catch you roaming around Eorzea!

RE: New to the community - Poet - 11-12-2013

(11-12-2013, 07:47 PM)Tobias Nightbringer Wrote: Bright blessings and welcome to the RPC! I am sure you will have a great time here Big Grin

The people here are amazing and very friendly! If not a touch crazy Tongue But that is a good thing, right? I'll be sure to send you a tell in-game if I ever catch you roaming around Eorzea!

Why thank you for the blessed welcome. A warm and humble one indeed. A touch of crazy has never harmed one for; has it? Though, I do await a tell in the near by future! I'll hold you too it.

RE: New to the community - LandStander - 11-12-2013

Don't give her bright blessings! You'll scare her away. You can't just go around shining things at things that wander in here.

*Holds a hand out.* Come here Poet, yes, I won't bite. I promise. That is a good Poet.

Welcome Big Grin. If you want someone to just RP with and help you flesh out your character (as I find out that practice is where you start to really hammer their personality down well) feel free to poke me!

RE: New to the community - Poet - 11-12-2013

(11-12-2013, 07:55 PM)LandStander Wrote: Don't give her bright blessings! You'll scare her away. You can't just go around shining things at things that wander in here.

*Holds a hand out.* Come here Poet, yes, I won't bite. I promise. That is a good Poet.

Welcome Big Grin. If you want someone to just RP with and help you flesh out your character (as I find out that practice is where you start to really hammer their personality down well) feel free to poke me!

Oh me oh my! Always good to see helping hands.. Unless they get grabby..I extend the invitation out to you as well. If you fancy a role play session, feel free to poke me too! I'll even provide the poking sticks!

RE: New to the community - Faye - 11-12-2013

Hello there and welcome to the site! It's good to have you here! Big Grin I'm always happy to role-play, so come say hi if you see me around in game!

RE: New to the community - Navisse - 11-12-2013

Welcome Big Grin

RE: New to the community - Poet - 11-13-2013

(11-12-2013, 08:52 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there and welcome to the site! It's good to have you here! Big Grin I'm always happy to role-play, so come say hi if you see me around in game!
 Thank you very much~ I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you!

(11-12-2013, 09:09 PM)Navisse Wrote: Welcome Big Grin
Thank you :3

RE: New to the community - Olofantur - 11-13-2013

Greetings and welcome to the RPC Poet,

Before I go into the usual pre-amble, I enjoyed Everquest a lot, while it did certainly have its flaws, its been a long time since i've seen something like it. Has your roleplay been primarily in games or do you have some offline as well? Either way, I have found roleplay an excellent way of flexing the mental muscle.

If you'd like a small introduction to the RPC you can find one at the following link, it also outlines a few of the tools we have here for everyone to use.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/misc.php?page=welcome

I'll skip the Roleplay hand book, but if you'd ever like to take a look, its on the front page, in the center, you just click the tile "RP Handbook" then the central image if you're unfamiliar.

I'd also suggest joining in one of the OOC coordination linkshells, they help(ed me) meet up with all sorts of people and make connections fairly easily.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1902
Is one of the big ones, but there's also "Europa" for EU players, and "The seekers" A simple message on their linkshell page, or an in game tell will get you invited in most cases.

There's also a RPC skype channel if you'd like an invite, though I can't for the life of me find the thread at the moment, its just chatter, usually not about any one thing.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have, raise any concerns, voice an opinion or two, maybe indulge in some shennaniganz... Good luck on your journey, no matter where it takes you! Chocobo

Oh! and don't tell me what I can and can't do with my mind, maybe its better in the gutter, maybe I put it there for a time out!

(11-13-2013, 12:08 PM)Olofantur Wrote: Greetings and welcome to the RPC Poet,

Before I go into the usual pre-amble, I enjoyed Everquest a lot, while it did certainly have its flaws, its been a long time since i've seen something like it. Has your roleplay been primarily in games or do you have some offline as well? Either way, I have found roleplay an excellent way of flexing the mental muscle.

If you'd like a small introduction to the RPC you can find one at the following link, it also outlines a few of the tools we have here for everyone to use.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/misc.php?page=welcome

I'll skip the Roleplay hand book, but if you'd ever like to take a look, its on the front page, in the center, you just click the tile "RP Handbook" then the central image if you're unfamiliar.

I'd also suggest joining in one of the OOC coordination linkshells, they help(ed me) meet up with all sorts of people and make connections fairly easily.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1902
Is one of the big ones, but there's also "Europa" for EU players, and "The seekers" A simple message on their linkshell page, or an in game tell will get you invited in most cases.

There's also a RPC skype channel if you'd like an invite, though I can't for the life of me find the thread at the moment, its just chatter, usually not about any one thing.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have, raise any concerns, voice an opinion or two, maybe indulge in some shennaniganz... Good luck on your journey, no matter where it takes you! Chocobo

Oh! and don't tell me what I can and can't do with my mind, maybe its better in the gutter, maybe I put it there for a time out!
Thank you kindly for the valued links. Yes, Everquest was a a diamond in the rocks for sure. As for role play out of MMO's, yes. I have done several form role plays as well as larping and DnD nights. This is where the term dork comes in real handy. 

I have been exploring the site so I've stumbled across most of the informants that could possible guide me to a bit more understanding of how the community is. Thus far, a pleasant sight. 

So far I've had the pleasure of indulging myself into some roleplay! Successful as well. So, it was really a happy medium.

And the gutter, is a home to all. But, wouldn't putting your mind in the gutter as a method of time out.. be kind of pointless? Unless you find it to be a torment.

RE: New to the community - Olofantur - 11-13-2013

Ah DnD, good times, any particular edition? I'm playing mostly Pathfinder these days with some Call of Cthulhu on the side.

Good to hear that you've had the opportunity to become familiar with the RPC, as well as meeting some people in the wild. The taverns in the main cities are logical hot spots, as well as pretty much anywhere with "seating", i'm a fan of using the small set of tables in Ul'dahs airship bay as a small meeting point before venturing out of the city.

The gutter and I have a love/hate relationship, normally I wouldn't have much to cringe from, but if I leave the mind in their long enough, and let it "wander" it can reach some revolting concepts or mental images. Works been flaky, so I haven't had something to keep it consistently busy lately.

RE: New to the community - Lutra - 11-13-2013

Welcome to the community. (:

I also have a degree in graphic design. Artist high five~! o/

If you ever see me or my fellow AWers in game, please feel free to come RP with us. We always love to meet new people and great characters.

Cheers~

(11-13-2013, 12:47 PM)Olofantur Wrote: Ah DnD, good times, any particular edition? I'm playing mostly Pathfinder these days with some Call of Cthulhu on the side.

Good to hear that you've had the opportunity to become familiar with the RPC, as well as meeting some people in the wild. The taverns in the main cities are logical hot spots, as well as pretty much anywhere with "seating", i'm a fan of using the small set of tables in Ul'dahs airship bay as a small meeting point before venturing out of the city.

The gutter and I have a love/hate relationship, normally I wouldn't have much to cringe from, but if I leave the mind in their long enough, and let it "wander" it can reach some revolting concepts or mental images. Works been flaky, so I haven't had something to keep it consistently busy lately.

Oh my! The current Edition our groups been playing with is the fourth Edition. I heard Pathfiders is good. Haven't looked into my self yet.. 

Surprisingly, it wasn't at the tavern. Though, the mentioning of 'the wild' instantly made me think of pokemon. Why? because a wild (Insert rp'er) has been spotted! Once I get around to leaving the starting area, I will surely look for you! :3

(11-13-2013, 12:50 PM)Lutra Wrote: Welcome to the community. (:

I also have a degree in graphic design. Artist high five~! o/

If you ever see me or my fellow AWers in game, please feel free to come RP with us. We always love to meet new people and great characters.

Cheers~
Why thank you very much! 
And yesh, more Graphic Designers! ARTISTS UNIT!!

I'll defiantly keep a sharp eye out! Though, I might be shy in doing so..