Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ (/showthread.php?tid=5491)

Pages: 1 2

Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Edgar - 11-14-2013

As I discovered, the Lightning event can be a little confusing. So, here's a guide to help out.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

FAQ:

Can I still get parcels if I complete the first quest?
Yes. You can go back and grind for more parcels.

Can I still complete the first quest when the second quest is unlocked?
Yes. You can even wait until the fourth quest unlocks to do the entire questline. Just know you have until 12/9 to complete the quests, as that's when the event ends.

How many weapons can I get?
All of them. Yes, really.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Zope - 11-14-2013

Thanks for the guide! Quick question though: I probably won't be 46+ by the time the event ends, for a few reasons. Can I still get the weapons, though? (Mainly the gun blade...)

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Edgar - 11-14-2013

(11-14-2013, 04:44 PM)Zope Wrote: Thanks for the guide! Quick question though: I probably won't be 46+ by the time the event ends, for a few reasons. Can I still get the weapons, though? (Mainly the gun blade...)

Yes. Just grind the FATE I mentioned for parcels, and you can get all the weapons.

AWESOME. WOO. Thanks!

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - S'anhu - 11-14-2013

(11-14-2013, 04:24 PM)EVGSovereign Wrote: What other FATEs drop Parcels in Quest 1?
The only FATE I know of that drops Parcels is Sister Crustacean in Middle La Noscea (15,12). If anyone knows what the other FATEs are, please post them on this thread
I've also heard (haven't been in-game today) that this FATE here will also award parcels. It's the one where you fight a big Dodo.

EDIT: The name's Tender Buttons.

Thanks man. Updated.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Brave - 11-14-2013

Well I've got all but three of the weapons now.  Thanks for making this guide!  It definitely saved me the trouble of running around trying to find which FATE had Lightning in it.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Siha - 11-14-2013

Question, is anyone else using a PS3 and is it lagging horribly bad despite having an excellent connection? Like to the point where you can't get gold because you can't fight any of the enemies.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - ansemaru - 11-14-2013

I just tried to participate in the FATE and it crashed my game. I don't think I'll be able to get gold this early on, unless the crowd seriously thins out.

(11-14-2013, 07:28 PM)Brave Wrote: Well I've got all but three of the weapons now. Thanks for making this guide! It definitely saved me the trouble of running around trying to find which FATE had Lightning in it.

You are welcome, sir! Stay tuned for further updates as the event continues.

(11-14-2013, 08:54 PM)Moxxi Wrote: Question, is anyone else using a PS3 and is it lagging horribly bad despite having an excellent connection? Like to the point where you can't get gold because you can't fight any of the enemies.

(11-14-2013, 10:09 PM)ansemaru Wrote: I just tried to participate in the FATE and it crashed my game. I don't think I'll be able to get gold this early on, unless the crowd seriously thins out.

I've gone through some serious lag on the FATEs themselves because there's usually a hundred or so people at each site, standing, waiting, and I'm using a PC!

Honestly, I just think it's because of how much shit is going on at once when the FATE kicks in! I had to deal with game crashes as well, but I still managed to get enough Parcels to get all the weapons. I'd suggest turning off effects from other users. Hell, turn off most of the display if you have to. I don't know for sure how much it'll help, but it's a start, I guess...

Is it possible to get gold and not get anything? because that's happened twice for me. The music changes, the font is different and silver, and I got gold credit both times but no parcels.

(11-14-2013, 11:14 PM)Zope Wrote: Is it possible to get gold and not get anything? because that's happened twice for me. The music changes, the font is different and silver, and I got gold credit both times but no parcels.

That's...I don't know. I've never heard of that happening. Every time I got gold rank when Lightning showed I received 2 Parcels.

Same for everyone who I worked with. The only time they didn't get anything is when they didn't qualify for a rating e.g. didn't kill anything.

I'm stumped. Huh

Have you initiated the first quest of the event? It may be that you need to start that quest before the FATEs drop Parcels, but given that was not the case in past events, I'm probably horribly wrong.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Zope - 11-15-2013

Yeah, I've done everything I should up until the actual fate part. The last one she actually appeared and talked AND I was in a group AND still nothing. xD I did have a game crash on 3 out of the 4 times I've attempted it, so that may be it. I always crash at the end. 

I went from the crabs to the dodo boss, maybe changing the fate will help.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Edgar - 11-15-2013

Make sure to double-check your inventory. If you crash at the end of the FATE, sometimes you'll still get the rewards when you log back in.

This happened to me about 3 times, and each time I got my Parcels regardless of the crashing.

RE: Lightning Event Guide/FAQ - Zope - 11-15-2013

Yeah, I checked bags, special items for quests, currency...nothing. xD But we'll see if dodo boy makes any difference. 

I'm just not lucky today, I suppose. Cut my hand in the shop, burned my same hand hanging lights, got in a fender bender, and now no parcels. Thor is mad at me, clearly.