Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC on Bluegartr - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: RPC on Bluegartr (/showthread.php?tid=550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RPC on Bluegartr - Zane - 09-04-2010

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98210-RPC-Votes-Besaid-As-Role-Play-Server

Thread about the RPC on Blue Gartr.

Be Forewarned: If you intend to post, I would recommend against it unless you are familiar with the forums. Not to sound elitist, but it's probably best left for people who normally post on Bluegartr to post since it is different from practically any other FF forum you will find out on the Web, and the mods will ban you for what seems like arbitrary reasons - especially if you have a low post count.

Also, hope you don't mind the nod in the thread at you, Kes. I just felt I had to dispel the RPers don't do endgame myth.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Trizzip - 09-04-2010

Holy smokes.....there is so much ignorance all over that thread. Thanks for clearing things up Zane. The whole fact that RP creeps ppl out has always confused me. I wish I could just sit down with one of these bigots and get inside their head so I could see whats going on in there.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - UnbeknownstGhost - 09-04-2010

I agree with Brin there. And also, I seem to have missed all these myths about RPers...

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Trizzip - 09-04-2010

How can a youth that tries to shove their progressive propaganda down my throat everyday of my life be so intolerant of RP'ers? That is the ultimate example of 'Hypocrite'.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Tagyr - 09-04-2010

Nice to know RP is seen as some kinda retard repelling magic to some of them. Too bad it doesn't work on all.

But to be frank, this kind of stuff has been going on since Roleplay hit the gaming world. They think of us as weirdos and we think of them as morons. Despite the vast majority of either being decent people with just a few standouts making a bad name for the rest.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Mycroft - 09-04-2010

You know ever since the day I first braved the wilds of the Internet, my ability to put up with general ignorance has been tested to it's limit, more or less everyday.. But this.. This takes the cake. (Except I'll take it back, they do not deserve my cake)

On the other hand it's nice to see that the RPC is generating so much attention, even if this (being an extreme example of it) is ultimately pure negativity.. With some flickering lights of positivity here and there.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Arzy - 09-04-2010

Bluegartr kinda reminds me of 4chan...

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Mycroft - 09-04-2010

You too, eh?

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Kejira - 09-04-2010

Just looking over other threads in there, make me feel so scared that i don't want to look at the thread about the RPC. *lays her ears down and Shivers* uhhh

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Arzy - 09-04-2010

Malrend Wrote:You too, eh?

You've not heard anything from me, got it? |Holds a puppy over the edge of a volcano|

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Kylin - 09-04-2010

Quote:"To all FFXIV would-be trolls: Your easy targets are gathering on the Besaid server. This has been a Public Service Announcement."

I love how so many people completely underestimate us as "easy targets." As if we don't know how to call a GM and get a griefer's account banned. Rolleyes

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Tagyr - 09-04-2010

Its always a little confusing as to what we represent to some people. We are children since we play a game differently to others. Yet people enjoy coming to our communities even if they don't RP due to the maturity that we bring. Huh

As to that troll comment, I wonder if there is a simple ignore feature in FFXIV for that. That way we can say so much for one of the so few character slots available for people who want to waste time in such a fashion.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Satrina - 09-04-2010

Kejira Wrote:Just looking over other threads in there, make me feel so scared that i don't want to look at the thread about the RPC. *lays her ears down and Shivers* uhhh

The FFXIV section is more akin to old Allakahzam with the amount of whining, trolling and idiots.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Asyria - 09-04-2010

I actually like most of the responses there.
Some idiot thinks its kiddies who RP.. obviously they're unaware that most RPers are adult as kids these days refer shooting games and stuff (even the younger RPers here would agree, I think!).
Some idiots think they can roll a catgirl and have people give them gil (we RPers -hate- beggars, don't we?).
On the other hand, some seem to have a decent grasp of what RP is or not care about it at all, some actually have an interest and some mentioned that retards would go "ewww RP" and stay the hell away.
All in all, a minority of retarded responses, and a decent amount of mature ones.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - UnbeknownstGhost - 09-04-2010

And those that responded poorly are going to happily stay away. And if they don't... Well, I have friend.