Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dandy Diyne - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Dandy Diyne (/showthread.php?tid=555)

Dandy Diyne - Diyne - 09-04-2010

RL Info (if you want):

RL Name: Danie
RL Age: 24
Timezone: Mountain

--Why do you like to RP?
I enjoy getting into the role of another character than myself. I also love a good story. It’s a way to get away from the tedium of life, and create someone completely different to adventure with.

Basic info

--Characters:
Diyne Ikapine (currently the only one with much thought put into it.)

--Current primary linkshell:
Currently none

RP Preferences:

--RP style (light, casual, moderate, or heavy)?
Moderate. If I’m playing with non-roleplayers, I tend to be less so in character, but may still keep some aspects. If a situation calls for it, I may ask something as an ooc side-note, moreso if it has to do with whatever is going on.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)
I’m certainly willing to fight, but I tend to not start them unless provoked. I find the /random or dice roll battle system to be the most fair, and allows even lower level players to not get curb stomped in 5 seconds. (As I always tended to be higher level than the people picking the fights…) Skill based combat can get a bit convoluted, but it’s not too bad either if it is preferred by all taking part in the combat. I just hate having absolutely no rules to combat, and having the players involved insta-ret-con each other’s attacks and moves, or just having it turn into a drawn out dodging contest.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)
I am willing to take some major injuries, but not one that would permanently disable my character. Limb loss is far too severe and impending to anyones roleplaying experience, and playing a character who is in a coma for an extended period of time kind of makes things boring. How many times do you see someone make a new character because they incapacitated their main? Injuries are healable, and you're still able to interact with others to an extent (sometimes).

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?
Permanent death? I would only allow it if I knew for certain that I would not be playing the game anymore. (As in, deleting my account/character) Even then, I really don’t see a point in it, unless the character is just a random mule/alt.

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?
Sure, if it comes up. I will however declare up front that I have no RL intentions of going further than what happens in character. As for how deep into it I would go? Lovey-dovey cuddling…FTB.

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)
I prefer friends and colleagues. If someone wants to rp that we’re ‘brothers’ or what not with a similar cause, that’s alright.

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?
I’m willing to accept straying that could legitimately make sense in the setting, but nothing farfetched. It’s more of a challenge to stay in the lore and keep the character interesting at the same time, than it is to just make something up that has nothing to do with the setting. There are a few things that I could see players doing that could be logically backed for the setting, but it’s hard, and it’s less likely that other players are going to go along with it. I’m not sure if it’s so much straying from the lore, but but I tend to create descriptions and ‘how stuff works’ ideas a lot for things that otherwise have very little information about them. (like certain monsters, tech, ect)

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?
I get what I consider ‘roleplaying anxiety’ when I am expected to roleplay in /say around a large crowd of non-roleplayers. If the roleplayers have a nice meeting place, or we’re in a tavern, it’s fair game in my opinion. Party chat is generally for ooc, unless you’re having a private talk with a few people. /linkshell chat is generally full IC. Unlike some people, however, I do not mind OOC in my ls chat. In fact, if RP is kind of quiet, I’d rather at least get to know my fellow players ooc in linkshell chat. Most people should be, or are, respectful enough to know when to ‘cut the chatter’. If some in-depth story unfolding in the linkshell chat, it’s not fair to them for everyone to blow up into ooc chatter.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?
I would like to network with a lot of players, and am interested in having multiple linkshells to roleplay in.

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)
PM’s, emails, or posts here are all fine. I don’t mind either way. Though PM’s are easier for me to keep track of.