Hydaelyn Role-Players
Illira - RP Profile - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Illira - RP Profile (/showthread.php?tid=5552)

Illira - RP Profile - Illira - 11-19-2013

I. Basic Info

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy. All RP all the time. But I also love to talk OOCly. They aren't mutually exclusive things!

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Fine by me! I normally do this on text based, as with any other normal RP with some key agreed-upon die rolls thrown in for the sake of chance. I'm not normally a fan of PvP to decide the outcome of RP. It can work at times, but there is often too much discrepancy between OOC character/player abilities and IC ones for it to be an accurate determination of the combat. In its favor though, it is faster and can be fun if done well. 
    As for IC repercussions, I am pretty open to minor/major injuries and even the possibility of character death. But neither of which are things that should be god-moded, they should be run by/discussed with/decided by the character's player.

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm chill with it, though I don't go looking for it. It should be an organic process and not an OOC decision on behalf of the character. It does offer plenty of fodder for interpersonal character development, which is always a good thing! On a side/related note: No ERP for me, thank you. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I'm also chill with this. I've self-played family tie characters before, but its more awesome if others do it with you! It also fodder for interpersonal character development as well as being an excellent way to establish their ties and history with the world.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is sweet, and it should be abided by. But! Just because something isn't explicitly stated doesn't mean that it can't happen or exist; for that matter it doesn't mean that it can! Its a matter of common sense and of using the lore as a guidebook. Because it doesn't and -can't- cover everything in the gameworld. That is to say, that the lore forms a basis from which everyone can move forward and start RPing, but then micro-cannons spawn. And honestly, they don't always match up, and OOC discussion may be needed to align them if it comes to that. 
    So... uh. Lore Breaking is bad, but sometimes it needs to be bent.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say is always IC for me (if an OOC comment is needed (( ______ )) works fine). Everything else, unless otherwise specified, is OOC. The reason behind this is that I believe that RP, if at all possible, should be done out in the open to encourage interaction with the environment and people at large. The other channels should be agreed upon ahead of time to be one thing or another. An example being that you're RPing somewhere, that the outside world shouldn't have access to (such as a locked basement), so you move RP into party chat. The same thing goes for other channels. They should used in accordance to a realistic level of what others can hear.
    Of course, I have plenty of flexibility on this, but that is what good OOC communication is for!

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: EST
  • Contact info: PMs through this site are fine. I mostly do RP in Skype chat these days.

RE: Illira - RP Profile - Illira - 06-03-2014

I figured I'd make an update here for officialities sake, though those who RPed/raided with me know that its been about a couple of months since I took an unofficial hiatus and a month since I unsubbed.

I no longer play FF14 for personal reasons, which basically boil down to the game no longer being fun for me. I can still be spotted occasionally participating in RP for it and on the forums here, as I still have some characters involved in things. All of my RP for it is over Skype. So if, for some reason someone feels the burning desire to RP with me (or whatevs), throw me a PM on here. As a related note: I'm also over on WildStar now, so I'm not done with the MMO scene or anything Smile