Hydaelyn Role-Players
Tales from Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Tales from Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=557)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Nel Celestine - 09-05-2010

It's amazing. I am truly awed and inspired by everyone's support! *flamey eyes* GUTS! I can't wait for this project to take off and run wild!

Re: Tales from Eorzea - ArmachiA - 09-05-2010

I only have one voice, my own so I won't be submitting for that XD Lots of great submissions though, I'm envious of the vocal talent. I can only sing (And that's only like... once a month... Tongue)

I can probably help write it, though. I love to write so anything that gives me practice is awesome.

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Mycroft - 09-05-2010

I am looking forward to the coming episodes of this, not only do we have a lot of talent amongst the submissions, but the idea itself is absolutely splendid.

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Trizzip - 09-05-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:I only have one voice, my own so I won't be submitting for that XD Lots of great submissions though, I'm envious of the vocal talent. I can only sing (And that's only like... once a month... Tongue)

I can probably help write it, though. I love to write so anything that gives me practice is awesome.

Nel, you should totally have Armi on as a guest from time to time to sing JP pop. She is simply fantastic....I kid you not.

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Satisiun - 09-05-2010

I refuse to share my serious attempts, considering all the much more superior attempts posted up. Undecided

Still, just out of boredom and a desire for lulz, I tried going to "Old Man Crackpot" route, a la Classic Western. Given, since I'm as Northeast American as they come, it falls flat at points as I try to keep the theme going. Laugh

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/19/1652747/TalesTakeLulz.mp3">http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/19 ... keLulz.mp3</a><!-- m -->

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Nel Celestine - 09-05-2010

Going to give until 3pm EST Monday for entries. Then the reviews will be conducted.

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Zyanya - 09-06-2010

The people who are trying emulate a British accent are brave in my book. I've been living in England for 7 years and have yet to meet a Brit that actually likes it when anyone tries to put on one of their accents.

This isn't by any means dissuading anyone from giving it a go (heck, we all did it at one time or another) but I think that if we were going to go with a British narrator they should be a native, out of respect (this holds true for any accent!) Smile

You wouldn't want a Brit putting on a bad southern (American) accent, would you? Wink

P.S. Actors like Hugh Laurie and Christian Bale are an exception! Heart

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Tadir - 09-06-2010

I love it when Brits put on southern accents. Of course. I hate southern accents.

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Nel Celestine - 09-06-2010

I don't think a "howdy ya'll, this here be the taaaaaaaales of Eorzea. Why don't ya'll get someting ta drink and sit back and enjoy this here radio show." will fly.

Re: Tales from Eorzea - foxfirestorm - 09-06-2010

Nel Celestine Wrote:I don't think a "howdy ya'll, this here be the taaaaaaaales of Eorzea. Why don't ya'll get someting ta drink and sit back and enjoy this here radio show." will fly.

I was gonna torment you all with my "normal" accent, since I am actually texan by birth and I do have that twang. Of coarse apparently being from Houston, I also picked up the 'fast' talk of that area. XD
Then again, I've also tried to 'kill' by southern twang while being out here in Arizona as it doesn't get me the most pleasant of looks from some locals. -_-;

Zyanya Wrote:The people who are trying emulate a British accent are brave in my book. I've been living in England for 7 years and have yet to meet a Brit that actually likes it when anyone tries to put on one of their accents.

This isn't by any means dissuading anyone from giving it a go (heck, we all did it at one time or another) but I think that if we were going to go with a British narrator they should be a native, out of respect (this holds true for any accent!) Smile

You wouldn't want a Brit putting on a bad southern (American) accent, would you? Wink

I am actually use to them mimicking our accent since my family in Canada is not the far removed from the British side of the family. My great grandmother was from Britain, so they all carry the accent still, which is where I learned to pick up on some of it and talk like them.
However I would hope in respect it be seen as a kind gesture and not one of down right insult, since I think its amusing when others try to do southern, and being from Texas, I tend to sit back and grin as they try and go, "Try a little of this, and less of that." so I actually try and correct them. XD

The only other person I met who was a Brit was a girl in my school who tried to hide it, and I was the first student to pick up on because I noticed how she spoke with some of the words. Needless the say, she was most upset with me for about three days. XD
(we also had a small school population of 200, so she just glare at me, but i got on good terms with her on a witts match between the two of us)

To be completely fair, I have no quams with a southern Accent. I have quams with an OVERLY southern Accent. ^^;

Re: Tales from Eorzea - foxfirestorm - 09-06-2010

Nel Celestine Wrote:To be completely fair, I have no quams with a southern Accent. I have quams with an OVERLY southern Accent. ^^;

Oh you mean the ones where they sound like they come out of East Texas and talk real slow? Wink

yes! those are the ones

Re: Tales from Eorzea - Satisiun - 09-06-2010

Nel Celestine Wrote:To be completely fair, I have no quams with a southern Accent. I have quams with an OVERLY southern Accent. ^^;

[Image: o09cg3.jpg]

Poor, poor Hank Hill.

Ewww King of the Hill! Do not want! Do not want!!

Edit: Page Five! Lol