Hydaelyn Role-Players
Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] (/showthread.php?tid=5620)

Pages: 1 2

Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] - Kailia - 11-26-2013

[Image: 6dybxte.jpg]

It had been about a week since her confrontation with her mother and K'ile. It felt good to finally be free. Only thing she was sad about really was that her Stone spell towards K'ile's genitalia was blocked by her mother. But that issue was now behind her.

She'd picked out one of the nicest single bed dorms. Small and quaint as it was, it had only a single bed, a small narrow dresser and a desk and chair. But it was barren. Nothing was personalized in the dorm. Something she was excited, would change that today.

So she dressed in her garden uniform, minus the bandana and exited her dorm room. She walked through the hallways, into the main lobby and soon found herself in the cafeteria. Seemed omelets was on the menu this morning. So she sat down, ate, drank milk which she for some reason, really enjoyed.

With tummy full, it was time to go outside to await for her mother. She was due to bring her things today. She'd already organized the supplies this week in the infirmary and was even reading up on traditional non-magical healing practices and techniques. But she also wanted to personalize the infirmary as well. Which is why she made sure to ask for the things left to her by K'piru.

Exiting the garden, she took a spot near a fountain and waited. She was looking forward to seeing her mother again.

[Image: AQT8MSj.png]

RE: Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] - Nauta Lyehga - 11-29-2013

[Image: kluhabanner_zps02678275.jpg]

K'luha stepped nervously through Ul'dah. She had been there so many times before, but somehow it felt more nerve wracking then ever. It felt more hostile... more... sinister. Somehow going to Ul'dah that day felt like she was loosing, or maybe it was giving up an essential part of herself. 

She held a small bag of things... K'ailia's things. Things she would never see again most likely. Things for a girl who was her daughter, and yet not her daughter. A woman alive, and dead at the same time. 

Luha's lips were set in a small frown tight across her face, her ears flattened to her head. They hadn't budged from that spot since she left for Ul'dah that morning using the Aether to travel. The way home would be much longer... All to give away the last things left of her daughter. 

Entering the Garden, protected and sheltered inside she felt lost. But still she walked, occasionally stopping to ask where she should be going until she at last found her daughter dressed in red. K'luha could not smile at her daughter, or be happy to see her. She only felt a heavy sadness. 

Still, she waved remotely to signal her presence to K'ailia and moved to hand the bag over to her. 

"I got everything I could find from the tent. Your bedroll too... though I don't think you'll..." she paused, having almost said want it. "Need it here..." K'luha coughed awkwardly and shrugged. "The clothing you had is in there too and all of the things K'piru left in the tribe. Well, all of the things she gave you at least. And that's all..." 

Her mis-matched eyes looked to the ground and she reached up to tug on her ears, forcing them to stand up normally. It stung. Her daughter didn't... need or want her anymore really. That was what this entire ordeal said to her. K'ailia wanted to be with others. She wanted to save Eorzea. She could care less about saving her own people. Had she ever really cared in the first place. 

"I'll be going then if that's it..." K'luha motioned, moving to head back towards the door and leave. There was no point in prolonging this. K'ailia was gone and she was only talking to a ghost now. 

RE: Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] - Kailia - 11-29-2013

K'ailia took the bag and smiled and quickly placed a hand on K'luha's shoulder "Wait ma. I'm sorry about yelling at you a while back"

K'ailia took a deep breath, "I'm actually happy you are willing to keep in contact with me. The whole, they are dead when they leave the tribe, is just stupid. I am very much alive. I am very much your daughter."

With a smile she motioned to the entryway, "Wanna help me decorate my dorm room? I actually am happy you brought my bedroll"

K'luha froze a bit as she felt a hand on her shoulder. K'ailia, why would she want her to stay anyway? The elder miq'ote glanced back around to her daughter and paused. An apology? That hardly covered the sort of hurt K'ailia had inflicted. A simple sorry? Was that supposed to fix everything? 

It stung again. Saying her own family was stupid. Maybe some laws were outdated... but there was a reason. There was a reason why they shouldn't be talking with outsiders. 

The offer to decorate her daughter's room. Should she take it? What would K'ile say? Obviously no. Well... perhaps not. But K'ile wasn't here. She had to make her own decisions... which she seemed to only make worse and worse ones of late. 

"I... m-maybe for a little bit." she smiled faintly, although it didn't feel genuine. It was terribly forced. But she was trying. For K'ailia, she was trying her best. 

K'ailia smiled and led her mother through the Garden, until at last, they came to her quaint quarters.

"This is it. It's small... but I will not forsake tribe traditions. I am still one of Azeyma's children", she said, as she pulled her bedroll out and spread it over her bed's matress, before dumping the remainder of her belongings onto the bed.

Pausing she motioned to the dresser then grabbed up the things left to her by K'piru and started setting them up onto her desk.

"I know an apology wont fix the hurt. But we both made mistakes..." she said as she set some candles up.

"When we left for Gridania when I failed my trials, that was when everything changed..." She looked to her mother with a sad look, "And I think in your own heart, you knew things were going to change... didn't you?"

K'luha was unsure of her decision the entire walk over. The more time she spent with the outsiders the more she felt like an outsider in her family. The more time she spent with family the more alien she felt with the outsiders. Was there no way for her to find a place in between? But, regardless... she knew what she had to do and sacrificing her own desires was more important. There were people who still relied on her... at least some people. 

As she stepped into the quarters K'luha felt somehow strange. She could not place what sort of emotions she was feeling anymore. They all seemed so mixed up and distorted. Carefully the mother stepped in and examined the desk and walls before looking back to see K'ailia spread out her bedroll and things. 

Azeyma's child... K'luha looked away. She could have laughed. She had already forsaken the tribe's tradition and Azeyma. What else could she forsake this day?

K'luha had to hold her tongue. She had not made a mistake. The only mistake she had made was letting K'ailia go off to Gridania in the first place. She should have sent her to Ul'dah where everything was full of scum and filth and not the peace of the forest. But would that really have changed anything at all? 

'No... it wouldn't...' K'luha thought sadly to herself. Her eyes fixed upon the ground she said nothing. 

K'ailia frowned at the lack of response but continued on as she continued decorating the desk, "When we returned to the tribe, I felt like a stranger in the camp. I kept feeling like I did not belong..."

She pulled from her bag some tribal hanging decorations and begun pinning them on the wall, "I thought maybe if I thought up a solution to the tribes problems, I'd find a place in the tribe I belonged... But the ideas were so alien to the tribe, the only ones even willing to hear them out was you and K'mana."

She turned and sat on the edge of the desk, "In a single instant of leaving the tribe, and experiencing the outside world, I became a stranger to the tribe... And I do not think going to any other city-state would of changed that..."

She sighed looking at the ground, "When we were on the scouting mission and K'ile said that you guys could not even mold me into a proper tribemate... I had knew then that I truly was a stranger to the tribe. And when I made the offer to learn from K'ile, and he told me to think twice because he'd make me mate, I realized, my only use to the tribe, to him at least, is to spread my legs and pump out kits."

She shook her head, "I will never mate. I will never look on a male with desires. I have no interest in any form of relationship of that nature. My only desire is to find where I belong... and I do not belong in the tribe..."

She looked to her mother, for any sign of the person she loved, who was there for every hurt she suffered, for the warmth she felt when she had a bad dream after the calamity. Was that loving mother still there?

So many feelings the same, and yet they were so different. Different people, different reactions she supposed. And yet, being the one who had always been there for K'ailia's every desire, every heartache, every injury... she somehow also felt a little used. Perhaps that was just what motherhood was? Would her first kit have been the same? Would they have only left the tribe together? It was no wonder to K'luha now why K'piru left the tribe. Such heartache... and to return home only to be reminded by her empty tent and the smiles and cries of the other children? It tore at her a little more every day. 

K'luha gave a heavy sigh and leaned back against one of the walls, her eyes drifting aimlessly to the ceiling. 

"K'ile is stupid. He could never force you to mate or have children in the tribe and you know it. Not to mention he will never be a Nunh. Have you forgotten those things K'ailia? Your purpose was not to pump out kits. Nor was it my purpose. I chose to have you K'ailia. On my own free will, and against the will of the tribe I insisted upon having you because I wanted a child...." K'luha trailed off, letting a moment of silence fall as she pondered her own ignorance as a young adult. Certainly older now, and maybe after all of this a little bit wiser. 

"I thought I had tasted loss when the Calamity struck. I thought I had tasted it when we lost our sisters and brothers and children. But I see now that I had not begun to fathom its bitter taste. I have made mistakes K'ailia. More than I care to recount and I am sure I will make more in days to come... but you have wounded me beyond my wildest imaginings. There is a rift between us now... Something that perhaps time will heal. Or perhaps not. Not only by your actions, but your words. I am sorry I cannot share in your joy of freedom."

K'ailia nodded then, "I am sorry you feel that way... And while yes, he cannot force me to mate, the fact he said he'd try should of been dealt with then and there. But you and Haali just stood there, seeming to not care."

She pushed herself off her desk, "K'ile is a dangerous tia. Before you even had my decision to leave the tribe he had pointed his spear at me. I don't know what your relationship is with him, but you two give off signs of going against tribal traditions. You were one of K'yohko's mate. I suspect he does not like father, and would seek ways to get at him. He could well be using you mother."

She walked over to her bed and pulled out her clothes and moved to her dresser stuffing them in, "Ventus is no longer a threat. I have gotten to the bottom of what was going on and everything is alright now. In fact... he said he cared about you, and regretted deeply what happened. Even vowed to spend every waking moment trying to repent for his actions."

Closing the dresser up she turned back to the bed, only her bag remained. It, she pinned to the wall, her new dorm room now looked to be a mix of Garden and Tribe.

"If you feel you must break all communication with me off... I will understand. It will hurt, but know I will be alright. I will not cause you or the tribe anymore trouble." she turned back to look at her mother.

"But if you wish to keep in contact, know that K'ile will try to find a way to sever contact with me. And should he fail, your place in the tribe could be in jeopardy. And if not yours... then he'd probably try severing things... on my end. Either way... I suspect you may be forced to choose who you value more. The tribe and K'ile, or your child." she finished.

K'luha clenched her fists. She couldn't decide if she wanted to punch K'ailia or cry. There was a lot of those ambivalent feelings thanks not only to K'ailia, but that fool Ventus and the other fool K'ile as well. She would just as soon be rid of all of them than constantly be thrown through more emotional shitstorms. 

"Neither of us addressed it because it was a foolish statement he could never go through with, and you know it." Luha snapped back, clicking her tongue and narrowing her eyes at her daughter. "Was threatening him with death several times already not enough for you?" The elder miq'ote had to take a deep breath and a step backwards to cool her rising anger. 

"K'ile is not dangerous. Do you think I would be able to go back to the tribe and return your things to you if he wanted to sever all contact between us? Do you think he would have helped us in our first a few weeks ago, if he really wanted to drive us apart? K'ile is not the problem here, and I don't know why you insist that he is!" K'luha huffed irritably, the hair on her tail standing up in her anger. "K'ile and I have not had sex and you should know it. We are close. I enjoy his company but he is a Tia and we know the law of the tribe. K'ile is firstly, incapable of 'going after K'yohko' as you put it, because I am almost positive that K'yohko would put him down like a young kit. Secondly, K'ile has already expressed to me, numerous times, that he could not and will not be a nunh because he does not think he would make a good father." K'luha's tail irritably smacked backwards against the wall as she eyed K'ailia dangerously. Her daughter's serious lack of respect was starting to get on her frayed nervous. 

"If I wanted to break off communication with you I would have done so a long time ago. Every time you insist upon this nonsense that K'ile is trying something ridiculous or forcing himself on you and every time YOU, K'ailia, try to force me to pick what is more valuable to me you cause me trouble and pain! I refuse to choose between my family and my daughter because you are one in the same and that is that. And!" 

K'luha pushed herself off the wall and moved closer to K'ailia with a sparking anger filling her daughter's room. She was not going to allow herself to be manipulated by K'ailia, nor the outsiders, nor K'ile any further. 

"I am your mother. Speak to me with respect. I did not raise you to be so disrespectful, young woman. No matter how far above me you think that you are, no matter how your training sharpens your mind or senses, you do not treat me as lesser. If you wish me to leave your life then simply ask me to do so. I have already been wounded by you, I will not die if you do it again." K'luha snapped, her irritation and frustration towards the entire week's worth of nonsensical shit coming to a boiling point. She turned her back to her daughter and crossed her arms under her chest. She had to think for a moment. To calm herself. 

"As for Ventus, he still troubles me. I am glad at least, to know you have solved his mystery. He needn't worry or repent. He simply needs to learn control. I will... speak to him about to ease his mind on the matter. I fear the man would do something foolish in a meaningless act of repentance on my behalf." K'luha waved a had dismissively and sighed, releasing a bit of her anger finally. The long walk home would be very welcome. Alone was precisely what she wanted now.

K'ailia's ears flatted against her head, "I was not trying to be disrespectful mother... But I was having concerns. I just don't trust him."

K'ailia slammed a fist into the wall, and the tell tell feeling of pain told her she'd need to heal herself in a bit, "Why is it we keep having fights? Ever since that first day I tried to tell you my feelings, we been fighting almost non-stop...."

Finally she cringed and grabbed her sore fist, "I already know my own problem... I love you so deeply it hurts. And the dealings with the tribe for me has been a mess because I couldn't find where I'd fit in. And on top of that, I have a seething hatred of K'ile..."

With tears forming in her eyes she looked to her mother, "But something has been bothering you, to the point you are always angry and was constantly running away from us during the scouting mission. In fact you had been running away from a lot of things of late... ma... I am worried about you. But I don't know how I can help you at all..."

She looked at hand, then felt her knuckles, and instantly cringed, at least two fractures, "I just don't know how to mend your hurt... I don't want you to leave my life. I am not above you, and I never will be..."

She looked back at her mother, "If I had wanted you out of my life I never would of given you that pearl... I just have a feeling he would try to take it from you... and my new sister..."

She sank to the floor, "And now... I need my mommy... ow ow ow..." she said gripping her right hand.

It was somehow comical for K'ailia to talk about her mistrust of K'ile. Was she really so angry over a comment made offhandedly that he was completely incapable of following through with? Besides, if he ever did actually try such a thing K'ailia would have never had to worry as K'ile would be dead and they would both be exiled. There was no way she would let K'ile force himself on K'ailia, tribe sanctioned or not. 

Still, K'luha had to frown deeply when K'ailia punched a wall. What was it with Garden members and punching walls? She was going to punch that wall-head Ventus for putting the idea in K'ailia's mind. 

It was completley ridiculous that K'ailia could see why they were fighting now. K'ailia left her family and the tribe behind to 'save Eorzea'. She refused to mate because, K'luha had no idea why she was so against mating, and they had barely talked in the last two months! K'ailia was practically an outsider, not the same little girl K'luha put her heart and soul into. It was very disheartening to watch her grown up in a manner that was so counter to what K'luha had wanted for it. 

K'luha's ears bent back as K'ailia mentioned something bother her and running away a lot. Her daughter was more observant than she thought. Or perhaps, K'luha had just made it a little too obvious. Well... at least K'ailia hadn't turned into a complete bratty outsider. 

With a heavy sigh, K'luha knelt forward and took her daughter's injured hand. "Let me see..." she coaxed warmly, wanting to inspect the damage. "You're all grown up now K'ailia. You've changed so much in so little time. Of course we're going to fight. But I'm still your mom, okay? So if you feel like you need me, I'll always come." K'luha smiled warmly at the daughter and shook her head a little.

"No one is going to get in the way of that. Not K'ile. Not the tribe. Not Ventus. No one. None of them can stop me from being here for you, okay? Like I said. I won't pick one or the other because you're both a very important to me. And don't worry about K'ile so much, okay? He's not going to take me away from you and he's not going to take your sisters away from you. He wouldn't try it, and even if he did I wouldn't let him. Alright?"

K'ailia smiled letting her mother inspect the damage.

"Alright ma... I may of changed... but I am still inside, the same. If you want to ask me questions, anything, I will gladly answer it... ow!" as the hand was inspected.

She sat still, trying to relax herself using meditation techniques learned from her Conjurer training.

Once she was calmed she looked at her mother, "You don't need to worry about Ventus taking me away. No one will take me away from you. I just... can't be in the tribe. I am too much of a stranger in the tribe. And even if I did want to come back, which I don't, I wouldn't be permitted."

She smiled looking about her dorm room, "This room now looks a lot like my old home. Wouldn't you agree?"

RE: Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] - Nauta Lyehga - 12-02-2013

K'luha examined K'ailia's injured hand carefully. She was no good at healing magic like K'ailia... but she new a little bit from when they traveled to Limsa. Enough to work like a bandage at least. She never seemed to be able to get it to work on herself though. Still, she could use it on K 'ailia. With a soft glow of green light K'luha attempted a simple Physick spell to try and patch up her daughter's hand, even if it was kind of a amateurish job. Not totally satisfied with the spell, K'luha reached down to her shirt and ripped the bottom hem off in a long strip. Using the fabric she carefully and skillfully bandaged K'ailia's hand, finishing it off with a small knot.

"There. That's better... I think." K'luha nodded before looking around her at the room. "It's a little big to look like our tent you know..." The mother sighed before standing and offering a hand to help K'ailia stand. "Home is going to feel a little emptier without you. But with the girls all grown up mostly and no new Tia, honestly I was thinking of having another child. Not sure I would mate with K'yohko again though. Of course, that leaves it to be rather problematic as K'yohko is the only active Nunh at the moment. Would it bother you if I were K'ailia?" K'luha glanced down to her daughter, a bit worried she might resent K'luha if she did such a thing.

RE: Moving to the dorms [Semi-closed] - Kailia - 12-02-2013

K'ailia accepted the help up, "I think you will have your hands full with K'tahjha... but if you want to mate... my father is as you said, the only active Nuhn."

She paused a moment inspecting the bandage, "Nice job with the bandage... I heard there's a healer in La Noscea. Your patchwork should hold till I get it treated more professionally" she offered her mother a smile.

"Just... don't mate with K'ile. He has no interest in being a nuhn, and quite frankly I can find no respect for one who said things he said, and drew his weapon on me. There are far better males to choose from ma." she said looking at her mother.

"I just want you to be happy, but in my heart, I know K'ile will be incapable of doing that." she gave a sly smile, "Of course you could always join me here in Garden. Times are changing. Many Miqo'te are starting to drift away from tribal communities and work with all the people of Eorzea to make our homes safe and secure."

Motioning to the doorway, "Come on, lets go have lunch at the Quicksand. Maybe we might even see K'piru there, who knows."