Hydaelyn Role-Players
Latest Housing Info! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Latest Housing Info! (/showthread.php?tid=5630)

Pages: 1 2

Latest Housing Info! - doctorgalactic - 11-27-2013

[Image: 059bbe56423e9f9f618a578f2a926bda296b64a2.png]

As we work toward the release of patch 2.1, we'd like to give you a peek at what you can expect in the first major update for FINAL FANTASY XIV. Today, we'll focus on housing.

Housing Overview
Players will be able to purchase a house together with members of their free company. The house may then be used for a number of in-game activities.
* While there are plans to allow for individual housing in the future, only free company housing is scheduled for patch 2.1.

In order to acquire a house, players must first raise the rank of their free company and obtain a Land Acquisition entitlement.

Residential Districts
Residential districts will be instanced to accommodate fluctuating player populations.

Entrances to residential districts in each city-state may be found in the following locations:

City
Limsa Lominsa
Gridania
Ul'dah
Housing Area
Mist
Lavender Beds
The Goblet
Entrance
Lower La Noscea
Cedarwood
Red Rooster Stead
Central Shroud
Bentbranch
Mirror Planks Pier
Western Thanalan
Hammerlea
The Eighty Sins of Sasamo
* Locations of residential district entrances are subject to change.

[Image: 6ae461aa3cddb92ccae9b8b3919ddf67b8dca261_11.png]

Acquiring a House
1. Purchasing Land

Plots of land will be sold by auction. An unowned plot can be purchased by first examining the placard located at its entrance. Land may be purchased in any city, regardless of your free company's affiliation. Furthermore, only free company members with proper authorization may purchase land. For the time being, only one plot may be purchased by a single free company, though the ability to purchase multiple plots is scheduled for a future update.

[Image: 6ae461aa3cddb92ccae9b8b3919ddf67b8dca261_1.png]

2. Auction System

The designated prices for all plots of land available for auction are set to be reduced every six hours. To confirm the price of an unowned plot or make a purchase, examine the placard located at its entrance.
[Image: 059bbe56423e9f9f618a578f2a926bda296b64a2_0.png]
* Development screenshot—subject to change.

3. Purchasing a House Permit

House permits will be available for purchase from a vendor NPC.

4. Building a House

After purchasing a plot of land, build a house by using a house permit on said plot.

[Image: 059bbe56423e9f9f618a578f2a926bda296b64a2_1.png]
* Development screenshot—subject to change.

Remodeling a House

1. Customizing the House Exterior

A house is comprised of four mandatory parts—roof, exterior wall, windows, and door—along with up to four optional parts: roof decoration, exterior wall decoration, placard, and fence.

[Image: 6ae461aa3cddb92ccae9b8b3919ddf67b8dca261_12.png]
* Any parts used to customize your house will be consumed, and disappear from your inventory.

2. Outdoor Furnishings

A number of furnishings can be placed in the garden outside of your house. The following three options will be available to adjust their position:
Move: Change the position of selected furnishing.
Rotate: Rotate the selected furnishing
Remove: Remove the selected furnishing from the garden.

[Image: 059bbe56423e9f9f618a578f2a926bda296b64a2_2.png]

[Image: 6ae461aa3cddb92ccae9b8b3919ddf67b8dca261_13.png]
* The number of furnishings that can be placed in your garden will depend on the size of your land.
* Once a furnishing has been placed in the garden, it can no longer be traded. Furthermore, certain furnishings will be lost upon placing them in or removing them from the garden.

3. Customizing the Interior

A number of parts including the wallpaper, flooring, and lighting of the interior can be changed.

[Image: 6ae461aa3cddb92ccae9b8b3919ddf67b8dca261_14.png]

4. Placing Furnishings in the House

A wide range of furnishings will be available to decorate the interior of your estate including tables, lamps, plants, wall mountings, carpets, and more. Certain furnishings can be placed on top of others, such as lamps atop tables or desks.

[Image: 6ae461aa3cddb92ccae9b8b3919ddf67b8dca261_15.png]
* The positioning of furnishings inside a house can be adjusted using an interface similar to the one used for the exterior.
* Once a furnishing has been placed in the house, it can no longer be traded. Furthermore, certain furnishings will be lost upon placing them in or removing them from the garden.

Planned Additions to the Housing System
A crafting workshop where players can build vehicles such as airships.
An orchestrion to change the music played inside houses.
A chocobo stable to raise chocobos.
Mannequins that can be dressed with player gear.
A bulletin board that can be place inside the house.
* The specific names of these features are subject to change.

These are but a few of the ideas planned for player housing.

With the release of patch 2.1, free companies will finally have a base of operations to call home. We hope you will enjoy this new addition to the world of Eorzea and look forward to the many related features that will follow.

* Please note that housing is still in development, and certain details are still subject to change.

For more details on the housing, check out Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX.
(http://sqex.to/Bh5)

RE: Latest Housing Info! - CalebAgron - 11-27-2013

Have they announced if players from other FC will be able to enter/visit your house? Or is it strictly only available to people within the same FC?

RE: Latest Housing Info! - K'nahli - 11-27-2013

Mannequins!!!

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Clover - 11-27-2013

Mannequins and airships?! @_@
You can even change the background music!

I'm looking forward to all this. I wish 2.1 came with player houses as well.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Brave - 11-27-2013

/fanself
Intense ><

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Old Account - 11-27-2013

(11-27-2013, 04:58 PM)CalebAgron Wrote: Have they announced if players from other FC will be able to enter/visit your house? Or is it strictly only available to people within the same FC?

I couldn't quote the source at the moment, but from what I've heard, you can set it to either private (FC members only) or public.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - doctorgalactic - 11-27-2013

(11-27-2013, 04:58 PM)CalebAgron Wrote: Have they announced if players from other FC will be able to enter/visit your house? Or is it strictly only available to people within the same FC?

They've said previously that you'll be able to have the Company Housing 'open to the public'.  Not certain what the mechanic of that will be.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - doctorgalactic - 11-27-2013

(11-27-2013, 05:26 PM)Clover Wrote: Mannequins and airships?! @_@

I don't have the quote for this either, but I believe they said that player housing would come out no less than 6 months after 2.1, as they want to see how people handle the FC housing.  They've also been toying with the idea of having personal rooms in the FC housing, in one for or another, in a future update/

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Ninja Vanish - 11-27-2013

This patch is awesome! Gonna give us some great RP backdrops.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - K'nahli - 11-27-2013

(11-27-2013, 07:39 PM)doctorgalactic Wrote:

I don't have the quote for this either, but I believe they said that player housing would come out no less than 6 months after 2.1, as they want to see how people handle the FC housing.  They've also been toying with the idea of having personal rooms in the FC housing, in one for or another, in a future update/

I'm sorry..... what?

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Olofantur - 11-27-2013

(11-27-2013, 07:39 PM)doctorgalactic Wrote:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/113554-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IX-Q-A-Summary-%2810-30-2013%29?p=1500050&viewfull=1#post1500050

2:19:20
Q: When will individual housing be implemented?
A: It will be around half a year after patch 2.1's release. Currently, we are split between implementing a personal room within a free company house or personal housing. Since the decision will have a huge impact on how many additional servers we'll need to prepare, we have to carefully consider the balance of the housing system. We believe it will take roughly six months to have everything planned out and prepared.

Is likely what you are referring to.

(11-27-2013, 08:26 PM)Knahli Wrote: I'm sorry..... what?
Perhaps the link I posted will help clear things up.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - N'taeyl - 11-27-2013

Am I missing a mention of how we acquire such furnishings?  And I certainly hope 50% of them aren't styled after every cute or common enemy in the game. 

I'd really like to see some of the crafts being able to create some housing items, almost all of the crafts could do something for decorations.  Botanist getting plants, Fishing getting the nice smelly fish on the wall, Goldsmith making intricate trinkets, they could all be useful!

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Olofantur - 11-27-2013

(11-27-2013, 09:36 PM)Saikoray Wrote: Am I missing a mention of how we acquire such furnishings?  And I certainly hope 50% of them aren't styled after every cute or common enemy in the game. 

I'd really like to see some of the crafts being able to create some housing items, almost all of the crafts could do something for decorations.  Botanist getting plants, Fishing getting the nice smelly fish on the wall, Goldsmith making intricate trinkets, they could all be useful!

1:27:06
Q: Could you explain how exactly gatherers and crafters will impact the exterior/interior of a house?
A: Approximately 85% of housing will consist of material from gatherers and items from crafters, all of which can be sold on the market. However, as there will be a limit to the number of furnishings implemented in patch 2.1, we're trying to find a balance that allows both gathers and crafters to take part as much as possible. There will still be a slight imbalance at first, but we plan to release plenty of new furnishings in patch 2.2, so every crafter and gatherer will have something to do. There really isn't very much you can buy purely with gil, so if you want to customize a lot you'll need to get help from gatherers and crafters.

(in the link I posted)

edit: further note, outside plots for planting are mentioned, as well as a few other tid bits.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - N'taeyl - 11-27-2013

Guess I should click links and read more.  But that's good, and a good thing I'm trying to level every craft anyway.  I went nuts with my Mog House in XI, and any game with room decorating actually.  I can't wait to get my hands on this stuff, and I hope my FC doesn't have an equally enthusiastic decorator.

RE: Latest Housing Info! - Edgar - 11-27-2013

I may just kill over from joy overload. This is so exciting!