Hydaelyn Role-Players
Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? (/showthread.php?tid=5683)

Pages: 1 2

Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Cota Orben - 12-03-2013

Hey, 

So - I know this is a repeat of a thread I did about a month ago, but I was wondering if there's been any headway on these alleged additional Fantasia phials and name changes we're supposed to be getting? I'm aware that they're coming, that they're not included in the next batch of Veteran Rewards... but any information I try to pry up on the topic reverts back to stuff back towards the beginning of the game's launch. 

Does anyone have any more information regarding this?

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Naunet - 12-03-2013

Unfortunately, there's been no word since the initial response that basically boiled down to, "It's something we intend to work on in the future."

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Rinette - 12-03-2013

While I don't know if they have made any progress on making it a paid service I do know a person who contacted SE and managed to do a Item Recovery for the phial of fantasia they "wasted" the other month. According to her there's a limited amount of item recoveries you can do per account but it was worth it enough to her to use one. I don't promise it'll work for everyone but it managed to get my company-mate another phial.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Little Miss Kikimo - 12-03-2013

Not to sound like a complete and utter new person, but what's a Phial of Fantasia?

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Oroban - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 10:45 PM)Little Miss Kikimo Wrote: Not to sound like a complete and utter new person, but what's a Phial of Fantasia?
Fantasia is a unique item that when used, if you log out with no equipment but a weapon on, allows you to recreate your character, barring their name. You could go from a lalalady into a big ol Roegadude. Or be like me and use it to fine tune things like height and hairstyle. >.>
You get your first one when you subscribe and pay for your first month. I think they're wondering if you'll ever get more, though.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Little Miss Kikimo - 12-04-2013

(12-03-2013, 11:33 PM)Oroban Wrote: Fantasia is a unique item that when used, if you log out with no equipment but a weapon on, allows you to recreate your character, barring their name. You could go from a lalalady into a big ol Roegadude. Or be like me and use it to fine tune things like height and hairstyle. >.>
You get your first one when you subscribe and pay for your first month. I think they're wondering if you'll ever get more, though.

Wait, so after my trial membership, when I buy my first month, I get an item that allows me to recreate my character?... best. game. ever.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Cota Orben - 12-04-2013

(12-03-2013, 10:19 PM)Rinette Wrote: While I don't know if they have made any progress on making it a paid service I do know a person who contacted SE and managed to do a Item Recovery for the phial of fantasia they "wasted" the other month. According to her there's a limited amount of item recoveries you can do per account but it was worth it enough to her to use one. I don't promise it'll work for everyone but it managed to get my company-mate another phial.

The issue is I already used the one they said I get on my Miqo'te for a completely arbitrary appearance change.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Dren - 12-04-2013

The idea that once you create your character you are stuck with her or him is a bit archaic. We should be able to change things like hair, hair color, make up, eye color, and tattoo's without having to wait for an 'undisclosed' time. I know Square Enix was up in their knees with changing things, but I believe this is one of the things that should have been implemented upon the ARR release.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Oroban - 12-04-2013

Don't forget that in 2.1 there will be an aesthetician so that you can change minor appearances/hairstyles/makeup and stuff without wasting your fantasia!

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Rinette - 12-04-2013

(12-04-2013, 09:33 AM)Devin Farraday Wrote:
(12-03-2013, 10:19 PM)Rinette Wrote: While I don't know if they have made any progress on making it a paid service I do know a person who contacted SE and managed to do a Item Recovery for the phial of fantasia they "wasted" the other month. According to her there's a limited amount of item recoveries you can do per account but it was worth it enough to her to use one. I don't promise it'll work for everyone but it managed to get my company-mate another phial.

The issue is I already used the one they said I get on my Miqo'te for a completely arbitrary appearance change.

That's what my company-mate did for her lala and she managed to get another one from SE by using an Item Recovery and ended up changing to a miqo'te. You can always try to open a ticket in game (I've never done it so I'm not sure if you have to go through the website or not), the worst that can happen is they say no.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Aleister - 12-05-2013

(12-04-2013, 04:22 PM)Rinette Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 09:33 AM)Devin Farraday Wrote:

That's what my company-mate did for her lala and she managed to get another one from SE by using an Item Recovery and ended up changing to a miqo'te. You can always try to open a ticket in game (I've never done it so I'm not sure if you have to go through the website or not), the worst that can happen is they say no.
I don't think it is worth it to waste a Item Recovery on a Fantasia because we all know sooner or later we will get the change character appearance option/name change on the mog station for a set price.

From what I'm aware of you can only use the Item Recovery only once per account at the this time as I've talked to a GM twice about this and they both said the same thing, which I decided to turn it down. (One for an actually item I deleted and one being a rant about a coil accident.)

:S If people really want the Fantasia potion I think they should wait till it can be bought.. save that item recovery item for something really important.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Rinette - 12-05-2013

(12-05-2013, 12:46 PM)Aleister Wrote: I don't think it is worth it to waste a Item Recovery on a Fantasia because we all know sooner or later we will get the change character appearance option/name change on the mog station for a set price.

From what I'm aware of you can only use the Item Recovery only once per account at the this time as I've talked to a GM twice about this and they both said the same thing, which I decided to turn it down. (One for an actually item I deleted and one being a rant about a coil accident.)

:S If people really want the Fantasia potion I think they should wait till it can be bought.. save that item recovery item for something really important.

Oh... I wasn't aware that there was only one item recovery per account. My company-mate was told by the GM that recovered her phial that there were a few (like 2-3). I hope no one used their recovery because of what I said. =|

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Aleister - 12-05-2013

(12-05-2013, 05:09 PM)Rinette Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 12:46 PM)Aleister Wrote: I don't think it is worth it to waste a Item Recovery on a Fantasia because we all know sooner or later we will get the change character appearance option/name change on the mog station for a set price.

Oh... I wasn't aware that there was only one item recovery per account. My company-mate was told by the GM that recovered her phial that there were a few (like 2-3). I hope no one used their recovery because of what I said. =|
For now it seems like that. It could be that these GMs don't know squat about what they are talking about either. (SE's Customer Support is bad.) But since two of them now said the same thing I've chosen to save my recovery and carefully think about using it if I should ever need to use it. Better safe than sorry..

Whenever GMs use words like few and such.. I generally come at them and pick at their brains to know how much is a few. :S that is just me though.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Cato - 12-11-2013

As someone who isn't afraid to kill off or retire my character(s) as part of an intriguing story I cannot wait for the ability to change my character's name into something else. I'd quite happily have something horrible happen to Theodric and invest in a grim and serious Miqo'te instead! I'm a bit disappointed that the feature wasn't available at launch or as part of the first content patch, though.

RE: Phials of Fantasia + Name Changes as a Paid Service? - Ilwe'ran - 12-12-2013

In fact there is already a way to change your character name and I used it for myself.

1. Create a character with the same name as yours on a random server.
2. Move the character you want to change the name on the same server than the character previously created.
3. If you did things properly, you should see an icon ABC on the left of your character name wich means that you have to rename him (2 characters with the same name cannot exist on the same server).
3. Log with your character, change name and log in (important).
4. 3 days later, returns to your previous server with your new name (if it didn't work the first time for some reason, you can change name again there).