Hydaelyn Role-Players
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken (/showthread.php?tid=5705)

Pages: 1 2 3

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - allgivenover - 12-06-2013

[youtube]R_aliYN8hNk[/youtube]

Edit: Link to information page: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_1_A_Realm_Awoken/

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Clover - 12-06-2013

Ohhhh, the twin tails hyur hairstyle is finally available for Miqo'tes!!! I've always loved it, but I didn't want to create yet another hyur just for that. I think my Miqo'te K'mih will change into it (>////<) (she's wearing twintails already, anyway. Her hair will simply grow a bit longer).

The housing system makes me a bit sad. They advertise it as a player choosing their own home, but it won't be the case, will it? I guess only FC leaders will be able to create and decorate a house, and they'll also choose the city everyone else has to live in. It seems that only very few people will be able to play with the housing system.

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-06-2013

were they wearing new armor sets in the wolves' den? some of it looked unfamiliar

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Gharen - 12-06-2013

(12-06-2013, 05:14 AM)Clover Wrote: Ohhhh, the twin tails hyur hairstyle is finally available for Miqo'tes!!! I've always loved it, but I didn't want to create yet another hyur just for that. I think my Miqo'te K'mih will change into it (>////<Wink (she's wearing twintails already, anyway. Her hair will simply grow a bit longer).

The housing system makes me a bit sad. They advertise it as a player choosing their own home, but it won't be the case, will it? I guess only FC leaders will be able to create and decorate a house, and they'll also choose the city everyone else has to live in. It seems that only very few people will be able to play with the housing system.

Indeed. I really hope they don't try and use it as a money sink to offset the folks that have millions in gil when the individual housing becomes available otherwise they really will lock folks out.

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Eve Malusion - 12-06-2013

Hildibraaaaaaaaaand

So excited.

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Bryn - 12-06-2013

Wow, that's a lot of new content.

Seen:
  • We can ride drakes.
  • Dust bunny piloting a gigantic golem.
  • Sneaking into Sylphlands wearing a chocobo costume what

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Kismet - 12-06-2013

Excitement! Terrible font they chose for the 'A Realm Awoken' title, but whatever. The Lightning hairstyle is really cute when dyed. The things I'm most hyped up over are the Crystal Tower, Haukke Manor HM, Pharos Sirius, and the Aesthetician.

Also... They're bringing Hildibrand back? Oh God... I don't even. I can't. XD

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - LeCard - 12-06-2013

Tell me I'm seeing things! @ 5:22 it appears a player is firing a GUN!

YES! if you stop at 5:20 and look on the right of the screen there is someone in a gunner pose! then BANG!

[Image: gun_by_mitsuhideakechi0-d6wwvjw.jpg]
[Image: gun_maybe.jpg]
[Image: guner_maybe_p2.jpg]
The third pic is a moment after the second<note the flow of the pose into what looks like gun recoil>

Also, from the looks of it in the Vid the gunner may be using his Limit.
Also, the character moves a bit after(hard to get a good screen cap) but it appears that gunner will have a sword in the off hand!

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Anstarra - 12-06-2013

Eeee I'm excited! Even if it's just guild housing, any housing is awesome. Aestheticians, too, yay.. but I'm most looking forward to all the crazy instances. That.. Pharos Sirius? I think? place looks like another Light Party instance, maybe, gods willing, an alternative to infinite WP/AK runs?? And of course the much-anticipated Crystal Tower. And PvP! And Main Story continuity! Eeeee~

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - K'nahli - 12-06-2013

The same one the goldsmith guild master uses, Clover? *-*  That cutscene for the barbershop was funny >w<

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Zac Evans - 12-06-2013

I think I just sh*t my britches.

First off, Gunner. You can't EVER convince me I didn't just see someone fire a gun.
Second, Hildibrand! You know you want him.
Third, the  Aesthetician was simply-and you HAVE to read this is the most flaming way possible-
FAAABUUULOOOOOOOOUSSSS~!

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - allgivenover - 12-06-2013

It's definitely a person using a gun, but I don't think it's a player. You can clearly see the Roegaedyn Dragoon attacking it as the Blackmage moves to dodge some line/laser AoE, the Lalafell Paladin shield lobs it a second later.

We're very likely to get some form of musketeer class eventually, but here I think we are just seeing a boss that uses guns.

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Edgar - 12-06-2013

(12-06-2013, 06:24 AM)Kismet Wrote: Excitement! Terrible font they chose for the 'A Realm Awoken' title, but whatever. 

I think the font choice is an FFIII allusion.

[Image: IIILogo_High_res.png]

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - allgivenover - 12-06-2013

Oh, nice. Good catch Edgar.

The FFIII boss music when Acheron emerged was a nice touch too.

RE: Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 - A Realm Awoken - Oran - 12-06-2013

-whistles- Wow! That looks like a lot of content, though kind of disappointed the housing is just for FC leads. Have that old itch to play house and make things right pretty, ah well. Maybe they'll let me scratch that itch in the near future. I do find it good that they seem to have that many new things coming out in the update gives me hope that they will be able to put a lot of things out and keep the game growing for a long time.