Hydaelyn Role-Players
A dirty, water-logged old book [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A dirty, water-logged old book [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=572)

A dirty, water-logged old book [Closed] - Spartle - 09-05-2010

Entry I;

[Along the margins there are various numbers. They seem to be a budget of some kind.]
  • Here you are, my log book. Do you remember how we met? Some disagreeable old pirate had just about enough of you, or he was just frustrated he has to polish his own sword, and thrown you off the ship and nearly knocked me out. If he did it on purpose then he has really bad aim. It appeared you had been so damaged by the water all the ink had ran. I tore out all of the pages I couldn't salvage and ripped them up.

Aori seems to have picked up a job she can't speak of to me, her own sister! I want to say it must be something bad but then I remember she's always been like this. I ask her to at least leave me a note that she'll be gone for a while or.. something! Anything! But she always says she shouldn't have to leave a note for something obvious. She had a job, it didn't involve me, she got money. That's all that matters. Aori means well I'm sure.. we need it for food and shelter.. and I haven't exactly been helpful.. I should find some kind of work.

We headed out of Limsa Lominsa for a while. You know, to get away from the usual oddities like that one crotchety old pirate who insists Aori's hair is made from wharf rat fur, or that one Elezen who stares at me for too long and then eventually goes cross-eyed. It's creepy! We climbed a few rock faces and slid down grassy hills and through a cave to our favorite fishing spot. It's quiet, out of the way and the wonderful thing is.. I don't think anyone knows about it! We enjoyed the quiet time together, saw the rare moments where Aori could relax and laugh, and dueled with our fishing poles.

Good things don't last forever and so we returned to the city. Aori's gone out on yet another job she does not speak of and I'm left to wander the decks. Maybe it's time for tea and cakes down at the Bismarck.[/list:u]

Re: A dirty, water-logged old book - Spartle - 09-08-2010

Entry 2;

[The handwriting is shaky with a few ink blotches here and there. It seems the writer was uncomfortable.]
  • I did not care much for today, there were too many awkward and strange happenings, maybe it had something to do with the tide? It was being unusual too!

Aori and I were walking from the inn to the lower decks when I suddenly fell through the decks! Fwoosh! There I went! Somehow, someway there was a hole in the planks and they, the ones responsible for fixing said hole, had not cared to write a little sign.. rope it off.. nothing! Throwing a tarp over the hole does not say 'hey there's a hole here don't step on it' it says 'hey someone left a tarp here, you can step on it'. Thankfully, I landed in the water though I think hitting the deck might've been less painful. It feels like I've been slapped by someone really big and Aori says I'll have a nice bruise and some aches and pains for a while until I see a healer.

I'll be fine, a little dip in the water won't hold me back. On the bright side I've found a bit of work! It's far from glamorous or amazing or.. note-worthy really, but it pays decent enough and it's something even an idiot like me can pull off. Every so often when the shops are low on materials, I get sent out with some others to gather them. In my case, I cut trees and hang off cliff edges to tap on rocks. Tap them. I tap the rocks. With a stick that's about as big as me with a sharp pointy end. I am hanging off the cliff with a sharp object. Tapping rocks. I am not a big fan of the hanging by a rope business, but it was either that or go in the cave with bats.

Did I mention yet that a bat pooped on Aori? No? Well, it did. She had gone into a cave.. I couldn't go.. it was scary! She didn't seem at all phased by the bat poo on her tunic, like it was perfectly naturally. We're staying at Camp Bearded Rock (who names these places!?) for the night and we'll head back to port in the morning. For now, I need to try and get the bat patooty out of Aori's tunic and nurse my 'battle wounds' against the water..
    [/list:u]