Hydaelyn Role-Players
I specialize in punching things, really. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I specialize in punching things, really. (/showthread.php?tid=5783)

Pages: 1 2

I specialize in punching things, really. - SeijiTataki - 12-13-2013

I've been floating around here and doing some posting the last few days, and admittedly have been aware of the site for quite awhile, now, but only am just now seeing sit to properly say hello, and such. So ~ Hello, and such!

The fancy tagline of a subject is the Search Comment for my Sellsword-Pugilist character, Tsukiko Yukimura, and seems like a great way to break the ice (and faces?) to say hello to everyone. I used to be a pretty heavy roleplayer many many years ago back to the age old days of AOL and chat rooms, and eventually gravitated (and graduated?) my way toward online games starting with Star Wars Galaxies and into many more modern titles, including many which are now lost to us like Tabula Rasa, City of Heroes (though I did not play must past the few year and the occasional stop in each major update), and the like.

Now a days, I admittedly find myself playing more for the sake of playing, doing less actual roleplaying that I would have liked. Part of it is being shy, part of it is ridiculous sleeping and play times, and part of it, I think, is from just being burned out from trying to find roleplay and just having people drift off to other games or other things.

I'd like to try to make the most of my time in FFXIV, with plans to stick around for quite a while, assuming real life doesn't intervene, so I'm giving the whole 'get involved with a community' effort another chance and making myself known and subject to all the trial and tribulations of being social~! Don't disappoint me, as I expect to see and hear from all sorts of people from the fun and crazy, and look forward to getting to know you all!

Edit: Because I totally forgot to mention it the first time; I play on Balmung!

I play a wide variety of characters, largely because my attention span with characters requires me to have diversity, but my main character is Tsukiko Yukimura, a Hyur pugilist woman who is not adverse to punching you in the face if you do something to slight her, but is generally an energetic and free spirited sort.

Show Content
I've also got a scholarly ecletic Elezen Cadence Vairement, son of a disgraced Dragoon (he fled the Ishgardian war) and a Pirate (she was a free spirit who didn't want to be tied down) who now studies the wonders and mysteries of the Twelve and the Primals, studying on the theory (blasphemed as it may be) that the Twelve are naught more than the same as the Primals.

Show Content
I have my Lalafell, Eiroya Duroya, an Ul'dahn native who is a lowly recruit of the Brass Blades that longs to escape what has slowly become a corrupt and lax institution and join the Sultansworn in order to better serve his home.
Show Content
And finally, Styrgeim Swarhaerzwyn, "The Blood Rose", a mercenary who is known to be rather violent in her resolution of her work contracts. Though not excessively violent, she has a tendency to run her mouth off and get into trouble and does have a tendency to stab-first-and-ask-later for the more volatile contracts that tend to drift her way. She is the daughter of Black Heart, a Sea Wolf Pirate who was known for being especially blood thirsty and unforgiving in his youth, killing anyone who crossed his path and taking no prisoners in his lust for fame and power. Though certainly not the most famous pirate, his poor reputation does have a tendency to catch up with Styrgeim.
Show Content

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-13-2013

welcome to balmung =x

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - LandStander - 12-13-2013

I think you must be confused. Dennthota is the resident face puncher. Go find your own body part to hit or else we will have to battle for the title!

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - SeijiTataki - 12-13-2013

(12-13-2013, 03:45 AM)LandStander Wrote: I think you must be confused. Dennthota is the resident face puncher. Go find your own body part to hit or else we will have to battle for the title!

You can specialize in punching faces, specifically, all you want. Tsukiko will certainly punch you in the face, sure. But she won't limit herself to just the face. She will just punch you wherever, whenever, however. Punchy punch.

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Rinh Hallani - 12-13-2013

Oh hey, I played Tabula Rasa too! Welcome to the RPC and Balmung. Sounds like some interesting characters you've got there. Give me a poke if you see Rinh about! ^^

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - LandStander - 12-13-2013

*takes off the gloves* That's it! Wait till I find you in game. I have a passion for smashing! /Hulk

Lmao...I literally was watching Bob's Burgers and someone said that so I decided to throw it in xD.

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Tla - 12-13-2013

Go to the coliseum you two if you want to fight it out! At least we'll have some show *takes popcorn*
Welcome! I see you're an altoholic? I'm trying to stop but comes up again from tiem to time, sigh.

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - SeijiTataki - 12-13-2013

I will take all comers! It is only a shame that the Den appears to be 4v4, and not for smaller competition sizes!

As for the alt thing - it started out with just one main, but it's hard to pass up an opportunity to play of different personalities and races.

I can sure understand that. My problem is for some reason I can't get myself to play races with weird proportions, so in the end I only play Miq and Hyur. I RPed a lala for a bit, was fun at the start but after a while I just couldn't take her seriously. And while elezen are not that abnormal there's something about head-body proportion that makes me cringe Tongue And roes are wonderful rare individuals but again...too big for me!

Yes Den is 4v4, I wonder if they'll at least implement duels at some point? Ah hope to see your characters around!

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Hammer - 12-13-2013

Oh, oh! I'm down for face-punching action! Let's rumble!! Hammer isn't very good at it (yet) but she'll get an A+ for effort to accompany her broken nose and black eyes.

Seji, not sure what your ridiculous sleep and play times are, but I have a very early EST bedtime and I'm usually on very early in the morning. If that matches your schedule and you see me running around, please say hi! Smile

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-13-2013

relevant to this present discourse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xohEy4VacM

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Olofantur - 12-13-2013

Hello Seiji!

I actually poked around a bit and found that you have indeed been lurking for quite some time!

So i'll skip the usual deluge of links and instead, like many others welcome you to the RPC.

While Cadence looks like one of those filthy Wildwood types, there's no higher calling than some scholarly endeavors! Perhaps a trip to the Ossuary is in order?

Don't get me wrong face punching is fun, but I prefer book fights. (More exciting than it sounds, you actually have to pick author or genre, hunt them down and use them as- Ah well maybe later.)

Good luck in Eorzea, and feel free to flag me down if you ever see me running about the wide world. Cactuar

(12-13-2013, 11:32 AM)Olofantur Wrote: Don't get me wrong face punching is fun, but I prefer book fights. (More exciting than it sounds, you actually have to pick author or genre, hunt them down and use them as- Ah well maybe later.)
Mh isn't it smacking each other with books, the heavier the better? There take some Tolstoj! Taste my Tolkien! Except with Eorzean authors. Actually, T'lamila would really think it means that, eh....

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Olofantur - 12-13-2013

(12-13-2013, 11:51 AM)Tlamila Wrote:
(12-13-2013, 11:32 AM)Olofantur Wrote: Don't get me wrong face punching is fun, but I prefer book fights. (More exciting than it sounds, you actually have to pick author or genre, hunt them down and use them as- Ah well maybe later.)
Mh isn't it smacking each other with books, the heavier the better? There take some Tolstoj! Taste my Tolkien! Except with Eorzean authors. Actually, T'lamila would really think it means that, eh....

Its not just smacking though, with the breadth of most libraries, the projectile method seems to serve well.

Theres also using them as traps around tight corners, stacking the heavier tomes on the edges of shelves so they fall in the others hunt ect.

I'll admit, sometimes my teaching gets a bit dull and I know working my students too hard can make them stir crazy so once a moon or so to let them wind down is handy.

RE: I specialize in punching things, really. - Roen - 12-13-2013

AOL chatrooms!  Wow. I didn't think people remember those days.  I was young and did not know what RP was when I stumbled into an RDI chatroom.  Luckily someone there responded to my "What is going on here?" with some friendly advice.  Aaand the rest is history.  I've been addicted to RP since.

Anyways... welcome!  I understand your need to play different personalities, I used to be a total alt-aholic in every other game I played, so I suspect it will catch up to me in FFXIV as well.

While Roen is not a puncher of faces, she would certainly be sympathetic to your lalafell's plight.  Hopefully we can run into each other someday!  Feel free to poke me in game for an encounter if you wish.