Hydaelyn Role-Players
Barbarccia Valadis - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Barbarccia Valadis (/showthread.php?tid=5819)

Barbarccia Valadis - Barbarccia Valadis - 12-16-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:Barbarccia Valadis [Balmung]
  • Primary character:Barbarccia Valadis [Balmung]
  • Linkshells:Europa-OOC, Intermission
  • Primary RP linkshell:Not Currently Involved.

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP [HEAVY]:
         I'm near constantly in character when roaming in the world, especially when walking through the bustling cities. I tend to be very open to walk-in RPing, typically getting caught for long stretches of time meeting interesting new faces and making friends! I do understand that not everyone is the same and that not everyone is an RPer so I don't force it on others past a friendly hello. I'm open to playing OOC with friends and helping others and generally just getting involved in whatever I can!
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I understand that action and violence are a big tipping point in an sort of story. It's a natural escalation of events and can be very exciting if done right. Since RPing is creating a story with
    other people it's only natural that RP combat be done in an organized matter between all the participants. Communication is very important and I, myself, am very flexible when it comes to dealing with fights. The most important part is that everyone is happy with the final result while having a good time as such one must have a certain level of maturity to participate.

Injuries can be an interesting turn of events and present an RP opportunity in it's own. I've been beaten, blugeoned, cracked over the head all in the name of good RP. Once again communication is key here. Nothing should be expected of another person who's on the receiving end expecially when it comes to inflicting crippling or fatal attacks. Injuries are natural in the flow of combat whether it be among players or among the world. Eorzea is a magical place and most injuries can be healed as fast as they are inflcited so there's no harm in getting roughed up from time to time!
  • Views on IC romance:
        Hehe... I tend to find myself hindged here most of my RP experiance. It's only natural for characters who have good chemistry to get together. Romace can be very interesting and very fun, sometimes even supplimental to other events. I personally welcome romance arcs with open hands as long as it flows organically. I've had a mixed bag of experiances before but the fact that such a range of emotion can be felt over characters in a roleplay really shows how powerful such an element can be. ON THAT NOTE, IC Romance should stay IC romance. I can not stress how much damage a misunderstanding on this level can cause between people as such communication is key in making sure that everyone is content.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
         I've said before that "All RP is good RP." I'm a big fan of over arching stories and grand scale things. I'm certainly open to all realms of possibilities since the world of Eorzea is such a big place filled with mystery and things are being discovered every day. I find myself trying to get invovled in all manner of things and openly give of myself to try to situate myself fittingly in fun RP stories.
  • Views on lore:
        Okay! I'm not exacty the most well versed in Lore as I've burned through the game's content both in 1.0 and 2.0 with the intent of jumping right into the RPs afterward. I make an extreme effort to not be the protagonist of this Grand Story. Canonly, Barbarccia is not involved in the Main Story and as such when things are brough up about it, it's always a shocking surprise.

I do however respect the game's lore! I feel that it is the backbone and structure of every RP that goes on in this world. I'm completely fine with people adding their own twist or clever Ideas to their characters and encourage it. I've run across friendly Garleans and Magitek technology in my adventures and that's fine! What I don't like is when things are added that don't make sense in the context of the universe and that is where the line stands. Lore is to be respected but fitting sacrifices can be made for better RPing.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  •  "/say": Typically the backbone of RPing. Things in say are IC unless expressed other wise. Typically what I use the most.
  •  "Linkshells, FC chat": These have to be defined when they are joined. OOC should stay OOC, IC should stay IC.
  •  "/Tell, /p": An interesting one since it can be OOC and IC depending on how it is used. (Typically messages in OOC I use parenthesis) "and for IC i tend to use quotes."
  • "/em": I see alot of people that like to talk within emotes and It's just a teeny peeve and there is nothing wrong with it. I can see how it is more traditional like a forum based RP, BUT, I feel that keeping "/say" and "/em" separate creates a much more organic RP experiance at least for me. People don't tend to do alot of things at once in small periods of time. Pacing is very important to RPing.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone:EST
  • Contact info:I'm open to "/Tells", Ingame mail, Walk ups, Party invites. I will check PM's here too!
     Misc Notes: Always looking for new and interesting faces! =3

RE: Barbarccia Valadis - Anstarra - 12-16-2013

Welcome to Balmung~

Heart