Hydaelyn Role-Players
How's your PvP experience so far? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How's your PvP experience so far? (/showthread.php?tid=5855)

Pages: 1 2

How's your PvP experience so far? - little-patchy - 12-18-2013

What do you think about the PvP? Any tips and tricks? As for me, I find that the Scholar's Adloquium shield is one of the more useful ways to prevent the barrage of interrupts (getting pummeled by relics hurts!).

I get knocked out in, like, half of my matches (/cry).

Also, do you think they'll be adding dueling any time? Would be so useful for role-playing, like a character teaching another character martial arts, or the settlement of a personal vendetta, or a mud fight with Tias/Nunhs clad in speedos!

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Trigonxv - 12-18-2013

if the PvP is met with good reception I'm pretty sure a dueling feature will be added

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Naunet - 12-18-2013

That would be fun, and Squeenix does not allow fun.

Also, the only talk of duels we've had have been in the context of challenges restricted to the housing areas. Hurrah for arbitrary restrictions in the name of... who knows what! Hopefully they change their mind.

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Tla - 12-18-2013

So far only did a single match, just to try. My experience was om wth is going on what's all these conditions on people etc until I died and the rest of the group followed.
The 3 persons I ended up with though (apparently a premade?) knew some tricks, and they informed me, before the battle started, that I had to cast Medica2 before battle start (see it as upkeep regen on everybody, imho) and stick with the tank for the whole fight since he would protect me. That's all I know sadly. I also heard healers in general are pretty much in a pitiful state in this game's pvp so...

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Fenrir - 12-18-2013

I've been asleep through most of it.

Literally.

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Dogberry - 12-18-2013

I'm curious to hear more responses. I was looking forward to PVP.

I hear that I'd be very comfortable in PVP. As a narcoleptic, it's nice not being the only one randomly falling asleep.

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - LandStander - 12-18-2013

I have been going crazy with the PvP. I believe it was handled a lot better than I expected. The only thing they really need is either a debuff on blm sleep or more sleep resistant gear. 

I play a SCH and as you would expect, healers are high on everyone's list. You can't just sit in the back in heal constantly. I toss in miasma's (for gravity and -healing) or use Blizzard 2 to bind people who have come after you. You really have to learn how to use all of the skills are your disposal, but it really requires a lot of team work. You can be the best healer in the world, but if you are rushed and none of your DPS or tanks are protecting you, you will fall pretty quickly. 

All and all I rate it a 3.5/5, but its still A LOT of fun and a nice mix up from the day to day mindless beast slaying.

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - little-patchy - 12-19-2013

(12-18-2013, 04:12 PM)LandStander Wrote: I have been going crazy with the PvP. I believe it was handled a lot better than I expected. The only thing they really need is either a debuff on blm sleep or more sleep resistant gear. 

I play a SCH and as you would expect, healers are high on everyone's list. You can't just sit in the back in heal constantly. I toss in miasma's (for gravity and -healing) or use Blizzard 2 to bind people who have come after you. You really have to learn how to use all of the skills are your disposal, but it really requires a lot of team work. You can be the best healer in the world, but if you are rushed and none of your DPS or tanks are protecting you, you will fall pretty quickly. 

All and all I rate it a 3.5/5, but its still A LOT of fun and a nice mix up from the day to day mindless beast slaying.

I do love it when I get to party with a BLM who takes care of me by sleeping those who attack me. That way I can keep the Adloquium shield on myself and the BLM to protect both of us from interrupts.

I also appreciate the tanks and dps who stun my attackers (I agree with Tlamila: hang around the tank so they can see you). PvP seems to really require party members to protect each other -- maybe even more than offense.

Oh, and to counter sleep, Purify (the PvP ability) is like warm vanilla cake fresh from the oven with whipped cream and strawberries -- can't do without it. Laugh

Edit:

And dueling only in housing areas? Sorta makes me think of those usable-only-in-inns emotes.

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - LandStander - 12-19-2013

Hahaha, I have not yet looked at the PvP abilities and I am already rank 6 xD. I will have to check them out Smile

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Trigonxv - 12-19-2013

I will say this I love playing drg so awesome more so the jumps just really ruins the day of someone running away XD

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Michikyou - 12-19-2013

Sleep.. groan.

Scholars aren't loved, they see me and i'm asleep the whole match.

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Aleister - 12-19-2013

I've enjoyed it. Me and a few friends who went and tried it out have been doing well, we kinda figured out how to combat the sleep and a few other annoying things, after that.. Things became fun haha. Experiences will change and vary as we're all just goofing around in there at the moment. ^_^

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Lilith.Grimoire - 12-20-2013

Awful. I probably played around 25 matches, and if we didn't win it was because I had three of the enemy team chasing me down, stunlocking or sleeping me then murdering me. Being a healer is -not- rewarding unless you have a good team that can kill their healer faster than they can kill me. 

Scary and frustrating! :<

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - Chika Ito - 12-20-2013

I agree with the lessening the duration of sleep, or making sleep resistant gear more effective. There was one match I was asleep the entire time Sad 

I think PvP is okay with how they have done it, but they could do a little better. Such as monks for example. You would think that bards would be broken since we're range. LAWL nope >( I've been ganged up on by monks, and it isn't fun. Their attacks hit hella hard, and they have the ability to down an opponent in a few seconds if your healer is too busy, or dead. 'Course this could be me whining, and there might not be anything wrong with the class -shrugs-

RE: How's your PvP experience so far? - W'seckhi Asah - 12-20-2013

I've been having a blast. That said, sleep spam is crazy annoying, and morale's effects are becoming more and more pronounced at higher levels. While we've been steam-rolling teams with allagan weaponry, the real challenge comes from teams decked out in war wolf gear on the left side.

That said, as a paladin, I feel I'm ridiculous in pvp. I can sit on a healer for ten seconds to keep them stunned with a one-second silence after, usually giving my summoner and monk friend to chase down a dps and absolutely annihilate them.