Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking Ancestry[Story, OOC comments welcome, Hipparion Keeper Branch] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Seeking Ancestry[Story, OOC comments welcome, Hipparion Keeper Branch] (/showthread.php?tid=5917)

Seeking Ancestry[Story, OOC comments welcome, Hipparion Keeper Branch] - Xha'li Moui - 12-25-2013

Xha'li shrugged his shoulders as he left the Carline Canopy, adjusting how the sling on his back sat upon them. The slight action evoking a wark from his passenger, chuckling to himself Xha'li stepped outside and squinted into the early morning sunlight, blinking quickly the ginger Miqo'te turned and headed off deeper into the city, heading towards the oldest parts of the city where Sillglade Fane stood, for that is was his purpose for this journey, to talk with his former master from his training as a conjurer and try and ferret out the name of his father.

These thoughts kept him occupied until he found himself before the massive tree stump. Nodding to the Wood Wailer standing by the entrance Xha'li steeped into the tunnel carved within the stump, without realizing it he pace slowed and he stepped more lightly to not disturb any of the Hearers who might be meditating. Looking around he headed over towards a Hearer who was unoccupied and after a brief query headed towards one of the rooms off to the side and away from where most visitors were normally allowed. Navigating the passages quickly he arrived at the room where Hearer Kinzie was supposed to be meditating. Knocking softly he called out “Hearer Kinzie? Got a moment for a old student?”

Xha'li barely had time to step back from the door before it opened and a middle-aged Hyur just starting to go gray came out and ruffled his hair with a warm smile, “Come in, Li how have you been?”

“Fine, Zie,” Xha'li replied with as light grin while leaning into the touch ever so slightly, “But I do have a question for you and I'm not leaving till I get the answer.”

Kinzie sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before answering, “I think I know what you want to know, but...”

Shaking his head Xha'li cut the hearer off “But nothing, I'm an adult now and I have the right to know who my father is. You know village law prevents me from going back and asking my mom and Aaruka can't tell the difference between most Miqo'te and you know it.”

Kinzie just chuckled at that “Don't I know it; the poor Lala got in trouble a good bit back in the day with that inability of his. I'll make a deal with you prove you've mastered your magical ability in at least one school and I'll tell you who your father is.”

At this Xha'li just grinned mischievously and touched the topaz resting at his throat and murmured softly as it glowed brightly before letting out a soft umph as the carbuncle materialized above him then landed on his head and looked around confused before chirping apolitically and jumping down to curl around Xha'li's feet. Chuckling Xha'li stooped down and picked her up holding her up by her armpits and holding her out to Kinzie, “Proof enough?”

Coughing into his hand to hide a laugh Kinzie nodded, “Aye, that would do it. Very well, the name you're looking for is K'zhuzu Tia, a member of the Hipparion Tribe from the Sagolii Desert. He stumbled into our camp after failing his trial and thus being 'exiled' much like yourself. One of his, and I guess your tribe, was actually studying here towards the end of your time studying here. As I recall her name was K'ailia Yohko. If you wish to make contact I'd advise heading to Ul'dah and asking around, as I recall the Quicksand was a great place to go if you were looking to find someone. Also when were you going to introduce me to that chocobo chick you have with you?”

“Thank you Kinzie,” Xha'li replied,“as for the chick I hadn't meant to its' not even a moon out of its shell yet and I only have it with me as the poor things mom didn't even seem to realize it had hatched and kept trying to nest and mother the egg fragments even going so far as to shoo the little guy away.”

“Such is the way of things sometimes,take care of it and remember if you ever have any questions on conjury I'll always be here to answer them until Nophica calls me home.” Standing Kinzie opened the door and indicated Xha'li should follow “Now come let me see what you've learned after we grab a meal and catch up at the Carline Canopy.”