Hydaelyn Role-Players
FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? (/showthread.php?tid=5964)

Pages: 1 2

FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Aldotsk - 12-29-2013

There is a slight question. Do people care about what the tag is called on your Free Company even if it's <<LOL>> when your RP Free Company is called "Knights of Vanguard" for example? It's a theoretical question and I just want to see people's response. 

((Please don't get the wrong idea that I am asking because I've seen FC do that, I am just asking to see what other people would say))

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Rinette - 12-29-2013

I'm not sure that it really matters but I have noticed that some of the RP FCs have "RP" somewhere in the tag.
Example: <B-RP>

Or maybe I'm just assuming that they are a RP FC because of their tag.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Kismet - 12-29-2013

It doesn't matter to me all that much. For the sake of keeping things organized and relevant, it's nice if the tag echoes the FC title. Makes for easier identification sometimes. But does it have to? Nah. My immersion isn't broken that easily, lol.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Rickter - 12-29-2013

i would like to see FC's take themselves some what seriously.  so if your FC is called "Ordo Malleus" and your FC tag is <YOLO> im going to be a bit disappointed.

its almost advertising that you dont take yourselves seriously and i understand FCs want to project  that they are laid back, but let's be honest: there are other avenues to do this.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - ArmachiA - 12-29-2013

Doesn't bother me at all. Tag yourself whatever you want.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Maqali Qulaan - 12-29-2013

Yeah, I don't really see that as a big deal. Ul'dah Garden went a full day as <CARBY> because the leader was mortally afraid of carbuncles. Bit of tongue-in-cheek humor, y'know? But given that characters don't see FC tags any more than they see name tags, I don't really see it as that big of a deal.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - ansemaru - 12-29-2013

Descriptive or relevant ones are nice. I tend to check peoples' FC information if I suspect they might be a roleplayer, but if they've got one of the "-RP" tags, I don't even need to check to know. But those aren't needed, at the same time. Lansquenet's is <<Lance>>, which sounds pretty cool and suggests the name of our FC, even in brief.

Being a little clever with abbreviations seems more appropriate for OOC FCs, but it's really up to personal preference.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - LiadansWhisper - 12-29-2013

All I want is a Guild tag that's something like <YOLO SWAG>

But they limited the number of letters!  Therefore, my dream will never come true! Cry

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Nebbs - 12-29-2013

My preference is to turn nameplates off.

However, I think the RP tag is a nice one, otherwise they are just letters, so if you picked LOL and that is not your company initials I will expect you to be representative of those letters.

(12-29-2013, 04:06 PM)Nebbs Wrote: so if you picked LOL and that is not your company initials I will expect you to be representative of those letters.

[Image: h7E7ABAAC]

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - C'kayah Polaali - 12-29-2013

It normally doesn't matter to me what the tag is - I like when RP FCs use "RP" in their tag, but I'm starting to recognize all the major RP FCs by name, anyways.

The tricky bit is that tags don't have to be unique. I used to be in a FC called "Hand of Fate", with the tag "FATE". There are also at least 2 other FCs with the same tag. It confused me to no end... ^_^

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Nebbs - 12-29-2013

(12-29-2013, 05:00 PM)C Wrote: It normally doesn't matter to me what the tag is - I like when RP FCs use "RP" in their tag, but I'm starting to recognize all the major RP FCs by name, anyways.

The tricky bit is that tags don't have to be unique. I used to be in a FC called "Hand of Fate", with the tag "FATE". There are also at least 2 other FCs with the same tag. It confused me to no end... ^_^

So they would all be Fate farming FCs? Smile
RP-FATE being the one that farms them IC?  Smile

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Maril - 12-29-2013

In my FC's case, we chose something that relates to the gaming community we come from and the guilds name, combined with RP as if to signal we roleplay. In the end we chose [TCRP] which (to me) sounds good when you say it, is fairly easy to remember, relates to our name and what we do ^^ 

When it comes to promoting a guild, picking a name and tag that is easy to remember is a very important step - so in that sense, in my opinion - it matters.

RE: FC tag, does it matter what it's called? - Aysun - 12-29-2013

I personally love seeing creative tags. There's a <<Lv??>> around right now that makes me smile whenever I see it. xD But there's also something to be said about a FC tag that makes sense or represents the actual name of the company.

I still die when I see <<ERP>> running around.

(12-29-2013, 09:18 PM)Aysun Wrote: I personally love seeing creative tags. There's a <<Lv??>> around right now that makes me smile whenever I see it. xD But there's also something to be said about a FC tag that makes sense or represents the actual name of the company.

I still die when I see <<ERP>> running around.

Eorzea Rich Pastries, dammit!

...there's also a HAREM around.  >.>  Seems to be comprised almost entirely of Miqo'te.